+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    559
    Thanks
    202
    Thanked
    224
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've only been to view a couple of properties that haven't really been suitable for us or are a bit out of our price range. It's really hard to find something with 3 bedrooms that doesn't cost the earth, but then I don't know if it's cruel on the kids to squeeze the 4 of us into a two bedroom place. I've got all my paperwork ready and I'm just waiting & hoping something comes up.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to peanuthead For This Useful Post:

    Chillies  (08-10-2015)

  3. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,226
    Thanks
    3,792
    Thanked
    2,210
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The agency that I work out requires potential tenants to prove ability to pay and ability to care, both in equal measures.

    Ability to pay is calculated on rent not taking more than 30% of your income and ability to care is proven by good references. Just keep trying to find the right house for you all that is within your means. The right place will come along xxxx

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mokeybear For This Useful Post:

    peanuthead  (08-10-2015)

  5. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,222
    Thanks
    894
    Thanked
    3,219
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peanuthead View Post
    I've only been to view a couple of properties that haven't really been suitable for us or are a bit out of our price range. It's really hard to find something with 3 bedrooms that doesn't cost the earth, but then I don't know if it's cruel on the kids to squeeze the 4 of us into a two bedroom place. I've got all my paperwork ready and I'm just waiting & hoping something comes up.
    I have 3 kids in one room (2 bdr unit). It has its good and bad points, but it is totally doable. Depends on their ages IMO.

  6. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    559
    Thanks
    202
    Thanked
    224
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    I have 3 kids in one room (2 bdr unit). It has its good and bad points, but it is totally doable. Depends on their ages IMO.
    I'd have the baby in with me for now regardless of whether we had enough rooms for him to have his own. So it would be the two bigger ones that would have to share for the time being, 5 yo boy and 3 yo girl.

  7. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,222
    Thanks
    894
    Thanked
    3,219
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peanuthead View Post
    I'd have the baby in with me for now regardless of whether we had enough rooms for him to have his own. So it would be the two bigger ones that would have to share for the time being, 5 yo boy and 3 yo girl.
    Ohh that would be fine! No problems at all IMO.
    It's when they get older that it's a bit more challenging.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

    peanuthead  (08-10-2015)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Applying for single parent pension / payments
    By mrswhitehouse in forum Family Finances
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 29-06-2015, 21:45
  2. Newly single parent to be
    By AshPixie in forum Single Parents
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 18-09-2014, 09:53

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Mother and Baby Shop
Save $$$ during our Christmas Sale Mother and Baby Shop
Great prices on Schoenhut kids pianos, toys, baby clothing as well as big brands like Pigeon, NUK, Cherub Baby and many more. Sale starts on 1 November 2016 and ends on the 27 December 2016. Hurry! Place your order today!
sales & new stuffsee all
Pea Pods
Buy 2 Award Winning Pea Pods Reusable One Size Nappies for only $38 (in your choice of colours) and receive a FREE roll of Bamboo Liners. Don't miss out, we don't usually have discounts on the nappies, so grab this special offer!
Special Offer! Save $12
featured supporter
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!