+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have flow Qantas several times to Europe and everytime I find them so rude, I've given up on them internationally however domestic they are pretty good. Cathay Pacific are my favourite they can't do enough for you, very polite and great food. I have also used Lufthansa which is ok nothing special and Emirates which Would be my second pick.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Singapore air was great on the actual flight when we flew with our dd at 3 months. The booking was it of a cr.apshoot. We booked months in advance and then got an email a few weeks beforehand saying our seats were no longer available and blah blah. We called and told them that they better make sure they were available (in a few more words) and in the end we got on another flight with the seats we wanted. They are who I would fly through again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh yes on Singapore air we got stuffed around with our seats when they overbooked the flight. Said it was first come first served for check in.

We weren't impressed,

Then they offered us bussiness class upgrade free. We didn't take it because it was a midnight flight and would have cut back the Singapore stay of our holiday too much.

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    yeah I have done Singapore Air and Etihad ... both were good.

I was in the business class lounge for Etihad so cant comment much on the airport, but Singapore airport is always good.

Have also stayed at hte airport hotel (when our flight was delayed) which is fabulous

Thanks
    Reviews
    We flew with Emirates with the boys when they were 18 months and 3.5 years. They were good, no complaints. Kids were catered to really well. Without kids I've flown Malaysia Airlines, Singapore, BA/Qantas and Pacific Blue and Singapore are my favourite, hands down. I hated Malaysia Airlines.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Which airline were you happy with travelling overseas? (With babies and toddl...

Singapore Airlines gets my vote hands down. Flown to the UK with them twice with my DS. Plus Changi airport is great.

Had a bad experience flying to the UK with my son with Emirates. I was flying with family and the airline wouldn't seat us together so I ended up 20 rows away on my own with my 12 month old DS. No help from cabin crew and I had to leave him with the lady sitting next to me whilst I went to the toilet. Staff were very rude. Dubai airport is also terribly disorganised.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'd recommend flying through Doha or Singapore for the quick transfers.

Avoid Dubai and Hong Kong.

I'm not a fan of Singapore Airlines as they let me travel without a baby bassinet despite me requesting one at booking and calling to make sure I'd get one a couple of days prior to travel.

On the day they say they couldn't accomodate the request. In the plane there were 2 bassinet spots occupy by young couples without children. They wanted the extra legs space... The crew did not move them or help at all.

Very unimpressed.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Which airline were you happy with travelling overseas? (With babies and toddl...

We are flying Cathay to Canada (via Hong Kong) this Christmas. We opted for premium eco since there'd be less chance for missing out on the bassinet.

Bassinet has been confirmed for all flights, but there is one leg where DH is several seats down from me. We're hoping whomever is next to me will swap with him (both front row seats). I expect most people would avoid a 15 hour flight next to a 12 week old if possible.

We also ordered a FlyBabee so fx that lets bubs sleep most of the flight. It's 25 hours in the sky each way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emirates were good and we also used the Snooze Cube during our 6 hour connection. It was great to get a few hours sleep and lie down properly to rest our backs etc

We also took our 10 month old on South African airways long haul and they were great. I called their staff 2 days prior and they checked all the flights and loadings and as the flights weren't full they not only blocked a seat for our infant they also managed to block an entire row of 4 seats for the 3 of us each way so we could have him lie across the seats to sleep. Their bassinets are small so will only be booked for infants up to 6 months but seats were easier anyway and you have to keep lifting them out of the bassinet when the seat belt signs come on.
    He managed to sleep nearly the entire flight in each direction. The staff were really accommodating and helpful too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emirates for long haul with small children- brilliant. I also love getting the long leg out of the way first- leave Syd on night flight- have dinner then go to sleep for the long overnight leg of 14-15 hrs. then, only a short leg into Europe. i have found going thru middle east generally means less hrs to Europe overall than going via Asia.