+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    From memory they either have 6 hour blocks or you pay per hour. We have stayed for 10 hours one time and another time 3-4 hours, depending on flights etc.

Singapore you definitely need to book early as it books out quickly, you can still pay to use shower facilities or pool though which we have also done when the airport hotel has been booked.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Singapore Airlines are my favourite airline to fly with. Have done several flights with my now 3 year old, and have absolutely no complaints. Individual in-flight entertainment with plenty of kids' shows, had little toys for my son to play with and the staff were fabulous in keeping meals aside for us so one of us could eat while the other held/looked after our son.
    I've flown to Hawaii with Qantas (with 19 month old), and it wouldn't be my first choice of airline if we did that flight again - they had iPads for entertainment but ours kept freezing or not working. Planes were much older and run down too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    qantas has always been great for our overseas and local jaunts. they use the brand new Airbus A380s for their USA trips, lovely new planes and fantastic in seat entertainment with lots of choices and games. meals aren't too bad either. depends where you're going I guess but we always go qantas where we can

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Which airline were you happy with travelling overseas? (With babies and toddl...

We've flown qantas and Etihad for aus-Europe. Both times I've flown qantas I've been pretty disappointed and the most recent flight I actually issued a complaint, so horrible if flying by yourself with a child. Very rude and unhelpful staff and always ages to get food or drink. Etihad was business as it was the flight DH's work paid for when we relocated so don't think my thoughts on them are normal☺️. I've heard great things about Singapore if flying with children and emirates and Etihad have 'sky nannies.'

Between Aus and states I've flown US, united, qantas, virgin and air New Zealand. Have always been happy with virgin and air new zealand is fab. Again not impressed with qantas (all flights have been the a380) and united is horrible.

I often find that Virgin has thought of everything in regards to what you may want on a flight and staff is always amazing.
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 12-09-2015 at 20:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Singapore Airlines are the best hands down in my experience flying to and from the UK. Very helpful staff, great entertainment system including games and movies for kids, good kid's meals.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafsika View Post
    Do you recall how long you stayed in the hotel for?
    I've done the in-terminal hotel at Changi airport too. Yes the pp is right you book for 6 hrs then can extend per hour. So we stayed for 10 hrs to get a decent sleep in between flights. I deliberately planned it like that rather than getting on the next plane too quick. It was very quiet there, we slept well.

There is also an outdoor swimming pool at the airport that you can use and various kids play areas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    We've flown qantas and Etihad for aus-Europe. Both times I've flown qantas I've been pretty disappointed and the most recent flight I actually issued a complaint, so horrible if flying by yourself with a child. Very rude and unhelpful staff and always ages to get food or drink. Etihad was business as it was the flight DH's work paid for when we relocated so don't think my thoughts on them are not normal☺️. I've heard great things about Singapore if flying with children and emirates and Etihad have 'sky nannies.'

Between Aus and states I've flown US, united, qantas, virgin and air New Zealand. Have always been happy with virgin and air new zealand is fab. Again not impressed with qantas (all flights have been the a380) and united is horrible.

I often find that Virgin has thought of everything in regards to what you may want on a flight and staff is always amazing.
    I also complained when I flew alone with Qantas and a baby. The response I got was very passive aggressive and insulting. Did they get back to you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Singapore air

And Changi is so good for splitting long haul flights we stayed overnight on the way home from Japan

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have used Singapore Airlines and Emirates with my DS. Both were fabulous. We got a kiddy pack with both. The staff fawned over all the kids. They were really good about food - and gave our food early or late if we needed. For entertainment - well DS slept most of the flights but we brought the ipad and games/toys so he was occupied...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by yadot View Post
    I also complained when I flew alone with Qantas and a baby. The response I got was very passive aggressive and insulting. Did they get back to you?
    They did, not passive aggressive but very lame excuses. They gave me 5000 frequent flier points for my inconvenience which I actually laughed out loud about because 5000 points doesn't even buy a Glasshouse candle in their shop! I've been meaning to respond but FIL died that same week and we miscarried so I obviously got distracted, think I'll respond this week! We're on our way to a wedding but I'll write down my story when I have time, such a shocking flight which was totally, TOTALLY avoidable.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

yadot  (12-09-2015)