+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    My guide is fever more than 72hrs, vomiting more than 24hrs but I never go to the doc for snotty noses.
    Thank you. That's really helpful. Oh I don't want to take him to the doctor for a simple cold. I feel like a nut case. I just start worrying that it's more and I am not helping him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasselhoff View Post
    Thank you. His temp was at its highest at 39 but panadol brought it down.
    This is going to sound so dumb but what should I dress him in? He's so hot I don't want to over dress him but I don't want him getting cold.

We barely made it through the the night so I'm gonna see how he goes for a couple of hours, if he's no improvement or worse I will give health direct a call.
    Thank you.
    Where do u live? We co sleep and DS has just been in a summer long sleeve bonds suit.

Can you call a locum out? I have for DS. 13Sick

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    Where do u live? We co sleep and DS has just been in a summer long sleeve bonds suit.

Can you call a locum out? I have for DS. 13Sick
    I live in a little town near Orange NSW. Gps are hard to come by on weekends out here. Without it costing an arm and a leg.

It's suppose to be a nice day here but can be cool in the house. I've got him in a singlet, onesie and a thinner jumper and tights. He'd usually wear singlet, onesie and flannie pjs. It's a bit cool inside at the moment but I might move him to a long sleeve suit when it warms up. Thank you. Feel like I have no idea what I'm doing. 😔

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasselhoff View Post
    Thank you. That's really helpful. Oh I don't want to take him to the doctor for a simple cold. I feel like a nut case. I just start worrying that it's more and I am not helping him.
    It's really hard to know what to do when you have kids. R&A has given great advice. I will add that if he is really congested the vomiting could be due to the amount of mucous dripping etc (gross I know).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    It's really hard to know what to do when you have kids. R&A has given great advice. I will add that if he is really congested the vomiting could be due to the amount of mucous dripping etc (gross I know).
    His temp is definitely going down. He's falling asleep on me so that's a good thing. He wants his dad but he doesn't want to get out of bed so DS is fairly upset.

That's quite possible and likely as well. Thank you. Just hope he feels better soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When my son had 40 and 41 temps, I took him to the dr (they called me from daycare). The dr said to me that it's not so much the number of the temp that he goes by, it's more the way the child is behaving. He said to me that he is less concerned by the kid with a 41 temp who is sitting up and perky, seems pretty fine than the one who is at 38, but is listless and floppy. That's something I always keep in mind. Also, the newest recommendations are to not give Panadol and nurofen to bring down a fever, as fever is the body's way of making an inhospitable environment for the virus. It helps to get them over it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby_Tuesday15 View Post
    When my son had 40 and 41 temps, I took him to the dr (they called me from daycare). The dr said to me that it's not so much the number of the temp that he goes by, it's more the way the child is behaving. He said to me that he is less concerned by the kid with a 41 temp who is sitting up and perky, seems pretty fine than the one who is at 38, but is listless and floppy. That's something I always keep in mind. Also, the newest recommendations are to not give Panadol and nurofen to bring down a fever, as fever is the body's way of making an inhospitable environment for the virus. It helps to get them over it.
    Thank you, DS is definitely not himself but the temps gone down. At least he hasn't vomited since 1230am I think? Just having little sips of water on and off. Very off his food though.
    Wow that's very interesting. Never really thought of it that way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I find temps always go up at night too. DS has high temps (always over 40 at night). I do go by how he is acting. Sooky - I get he feels ick and gross. Crying/screaming I get more worried (he was like this 2 weeks ago and was sick for over a week - painful mouth ulcers) as I interpret it as pain for him. Listless, limp - especially not drinking - also would worry me. I'm glad his temp is better. Steam/vapouriser if you can to clear out the mucous. And hugs. I hope you get time out and rest too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I take ds to the Drs when he runs high fevers for more than a day, or earlier if he is has symptoms. He currently has a throat infection and had fevers for around 5 days, it was picked up at the second Drs appointment this week. I haven't seen a dr yet who gets annoyed at mums bringing in their bubs. Actually my gp said to me the other day he prefers it if I bring him in just so I know not to worry if anything.

If you can get him to a dr personally I would go today.

I see on here all the time advice not to bring down fevers - I always always will. Fevers make me feel so unwell and I have no doubt they make ds feel terrible too. It's more about making him comfortable.

Hope your LO is better soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Great advice here!!!!

When my dd1 is vomiting and has fever etc it has been tonsillitis every single time.

I hope your little one starts to feel better soon, nothing worse for bub and mum no matter what age. X