+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Tonight we've used the tefal to make pasta from scratch, cook the pasta sauce and to mix flour less chocolate cake.
    We use it to cook as well as mix, chop and knead.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trustno1 View Post
    I have the tefal and love it. It works better for me cause we have a family of 7 and the larger capacity bowl makes it easier for us. I bought a second bowl (which you get free if you buy one this month). It doesn't have a built in scale, but I tend to over pour when I measure, so again, good for me. And yes it only comes with a cookbook, no recipe chip, but I tend to use any recipe I find, rather than just thermo recipes.
    Do you mind me asking how much you paid for it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I paid $1699 plus $299 for the extra bowl. You can buy it on the interest free offers that Harvey Norman have, but I bought it with my credit card to double the warranty 😊

4. The Following User Says Thank You to trustno1 For This Useful Post:

cheeeeesecake  (13-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I cook meals in mine all the time. Even if we have a BBQ or something for the meat, the veg get steamed in there. Tastes nicer.

It's great for sauces, quick cakes, pikelets/pancakes, making things like garam masala, stock, etc etc. you can do big sauce for lasagne, soup, bread, steaming dumplings, all sorts of stuff! I don't mill flour in mine, and don't use it as much as some, but it gets used in some capacity every day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearlygirl View Post
    Do people use them for cooking meals much? I'm not sure how much I'd use that function. I'm mainly thinking it would be great for baking, making sauces/mayo/dips, chopping salads (coleslaw etc), and things like jam and yoghurt.
    I use my (bellini)heaps for chopping salads (eg,coleslaw), making smoothies &juices,sorbet, soups, & quick & easy meals or parts of meals (eg - white sauce for a tuna mornay,butter chicken,etc - throw in & push a button type meals).I use it for stocks &sauces,but not often because I do a big batch that last ages. I personally prefer a mixer for cakes & biscuits &I find my bread machine does a much nicer bread dough - I prefer a longer knead time to develop the dough. But wil do a quick & easy dough or cake in bellini if I am strapped for time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I paid $1699 plus $299 for the extra bowl. You can buy it on the interest free offers that Harvey Norman have, but I bought it with my credit card to double the warranty 😊
    How do you double the warranty with a credit card?
    Have you found any websites that have recipes? Hoping to get one in the next month or so.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafsika View Post
    How do you double the warranty with a credit card?
    Have you found any websites that have recipes? Hoping to get one in the next month or so.
    Our credit card offers double the warranty that the manufacturer offers, so it's a 24 month warranty as standard, which means we get 48

You get a recipe book with the tefal. It is broken up into entree, main and dessert. There are recipes on the cuisine companion webpage, and there is a Facebook group that shares recipes. And you can use thermomix recipes with just a little tweaking

9. The Following User Says Thank You to trustno1 For This Useful Post:

Nafsika  (13-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Our credit card offers double the warranty that the manufacturer offers, so it's a 24 month warranty as standard, which means we get 48

You get a recipe book with the tefal. It is broken up into entree, main and dessert. There are recipes on the cuisine companion webpage, and there is a Facebook group that shares recipes. And you can use thermomix recipes with just a little tweaking
    Interesting to know if our card does that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Do people use them for cooking meals much? I'm not sure how much I'd use that function. I'm mainly thinking it would be great for baking, making sauces/mayo/dips, chopping salads (coleslaw etc), and things like jam and yoghurt.
    My DH bought me a thermy and I'd never been to a demo or anything and I've had mine for a couple of years now.
    I classify myself as a bad thermy user in that I don't use it everyday but I do think it's a great machine and I wouldn't sell mine.
    I don't do many main meals in it, never use the varoma, never do mashed potato in it or cook rice in it, don't use it for salads because I find the chop too fine and not pretty (see, told you I was bad!)
    Things I use it for:
    Sauces - bechemel, mayo, hollandaise etc...so darn easy!
    Curds, jams, etc...really great for a small batch when I don't want to get my big jam pot out.
    Fudge!
    Pastry - the shortcrust, almond pastry, rough puff and choux are great.
    Dough - bread and pizza though I always kneed it for a lot longer for my bread.
    Milling and grating - nuts, cheeses, breadcrumbs
    I do a couple of cakes in it pretty regularly - the too easy chocolate cake and the whole orange cake are staples here. Other than them I tend to use my kitchen aid.
    Last edited by misskittyfantastico; 13-09-2015 at 22:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's perfect for pasta, risotto etc.
    So yep I cook meals in them.
    There is also an all in one chicken dinner which I make in mine which is great!
    And I love love love making the mash in there!