+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    A 12 month warranty. Oh.my.gawd

2. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

cheeeeesecake  (13-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It's the same as what you get on a $2k washing machine or TV.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Doesn't it have a 2 year warranty? I sent my thermomix back recently (due to my misuse, not a fault in the machine as such) after 3.5 years of daily use and while there was a charge for what I sent it away for, it also came back with other new parts completely free of charge. My 4 year old tv broke (that cost double the thermomix) and we fixed it internally with superglue. Who knows how long it will last for, but we didn't even bother getting it repaired properly. The tv gets used less than the thermomix too.

The whole 'cult' thing surrounding the thermomix has never really bothered me. It helps me out, in my kitchen, every single day. I don't listen to the thermomix obsessed people while I'm cooking...and honestly they're just people who really, really, really love the machine. And I love mine that much too, I just tend not to talk about it unless someone asks for my thoughts on it. It might not cure cancer, but it sure as heck changed our little life so it was well worth the money for us

Apparently there's a bellini worth around $700 that's supposed to be quite good. I want to invest in a second thermomix, or thermomix style machine so am interested in hearing what people's thoughts are. But part of my wanting a second machine is to have it be able to knead bread etc. I borrowed a friend's thermomix for a couple of weeks when she was away and had two on the go. I didn't use two every day, but having two machines was amazing!
    Last edited by Full House; 13-09-2015 at 17:00.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

Patience86  (13-09-2015),Sonja  (13-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its a 2year non transferrable warranty

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Each to their own I guess but the idea of no warranty on a $1200+ thermo would freak me out. I would rather spend the 2k and get lifetime warranty.

So 3 years down the track something breaks they don't replace it bc that isn't classed as defective?
    Agree. It's a 24 month warranty but that's ok with me. Im pretty gobsmacked that people are asking $1500 for a used machine. Tell em they're dreaming!! 😄

Might get my friend round to do a demo for DH, he's interested but like me not so enthralled by the price tag. Thanks everyone, it's food for thought!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I agree with the pp about 2 years being pretty standard for small appliances. I never had one problem with my first one and sold it to a friend (with cookbooks) for $200. I could never dream of charging even close to half the price of a new one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulahoop View Post
    Kenwood all the way. The only slightly cheaper than a thermo (for the got everything top of the range high powered cooking version) but you can pretty much throw every other kitchen machine out (pasta roller, ice cream maker, blender, juicer, slicer/chopper, sausage machine, and on and on ...). It does way more than the thermo could hope to. Are you after it for cooking? The non-cooking Kenwoods are much cheaper but still awesome machines with all the attachments. Google kenwoodworld and have a look, it's a rare day that I done use mine for something.
    Is that the cooking chef? I have been looking into these... Can you please tell me if they also mill flour? Also are there plenty of easy recipes?

I need this function as my DS is GF and the flours are really expensive...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Meld85 For This Useful Post:

cheeeeesecake  (13-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Phony View Post
    Today I'm going to attempt coconut bread, and butter chicken for the weekend.
    I'll let you know how that goes, if the kids give me some free time.
    I thought I posted yesterday but I must have forgotten.
    The butter chicken is out of this world!
    Better than the local Indian which we LOVE.
    Even my fussy kids ate it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the tefal and love it. It works better for me cause we have a family of 7 and the larger capacity bowl makes it easier for us. I bought a second bowl (which you get free if you buy one this month). It doesn't have a built in scale, but I tend to over pour when I measure, so again, good for me. And yes it only comes with a cookbook, no recipe chip, but I tend to use any recipe I find, rather than just thermo recipes.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to trustno1 For This Useful Post:

Nafsika  (13-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do people use them for cooking meals much? I'm not sure how much I'd use that function. I'm mainly thinking it would be great for baking, making sauces/mayo/dips, chopping salads (coleslaw etc), and things like jam and yoghurt.