+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Have a demo and have your hubby there 😁

It just may convince him too!

I'm an ex thermy consultant and have both the tm31 and the tm5, they are my 3rd and 4th babies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you have the kenwood cooking chef? Thats my dream! It does soooo much more than a thermy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I don't own one but I have a few friends who own a bellini and they love it. Apparently the burning issue was in the first month or two the unit was released several years ago and they fixed it. I've heard the Jamie Oliver ThermoChef is really good too. I also know a few that bought thermos, weren't really fussed and wished they had bought a bellini so the loss would have been much less.

Personally I would go with a Bellini or Chef. You can buy 10 Bellini's for one thermo, and tbh, some thermo users are pretty cultish and creepy about them and that has also turned me off. It's a kitchen appliance, it doesn't cure world hunger, let's keep things in perspective.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

bigZ  (12-09-2015),MaximumStarlight  (12-09-2015),Shrillian  (22-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't bother with alternatives - heaps of people are selling the old tm31 model to upgrade to the tm5. You're not going to get anything better than even the older model thermomix. Check out gumtree etc.

Also I find the thermomix is totally worth the money. We save so much because we can make more from scratch more easily. I make yoghurt for a fraction of the cost of buying it for example. We also make our own curry pastes, bread, peanut butter, ketchup, stock pastes. All those things add up over time.

We had the old one for 3.5 years and it more than paid for itself. Now we have the new one and love it even more!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Is the tefel cuisine similar. I've been told the scale is not built in and there's no chip just a recipe book.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TeaM View Post
    I wouldn't bother with alternatives - heaps of people are selling the old tm31 model to upgrade to the tm5. You're not going to get anything better than even the older model thermomix. Check out gumtree etc.

Also I find the thermomix is totally worth the money. We save so much because we can make more from scratch more easily. I make yoghurt for a fraction of the cost of buying it for example. We also make our own curry pastes, bread, peanut butter, ketchup, stock pastes. All those things add up over time.

We had the old one for 3.5 years and it more than paid for itself. Now we have the new one and love it even more!!
    How much is the new thermy retailing ? The old ones people still want $1500!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've seen the old one on our buy and sell pages from $1000-1200. Been tempted to get one! But if I do get another, I think I'd get a new one on the payment plan. I think they are $2100 but don't quote me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We sold ours for $1200 including a few cookbooks and a thermoserver. It was in perfect condition. Although they may not be under warranty, warranty is only useful for defective products. We used our thermomix for more than 3 years without any issue so we know that it wasn't defective and that's better than a warranty IMO.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Each to their own I guess but the idea of no warranty on a $1200+ thermo would freak me out. I would rather spend the 2k and get lifetime warranty.

So 3 years down the track something breaks they don't replace it bc that isn't classed as defective?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Each to their own I guess but the idea of no warranty on a $1200+ thermo would freak me out. I would rather spend the 2k and get lifetime warranty.

So 3 years down the track something breaks they don't replace it bc that isn't classed as defective?
    thermo doesnt have a lifetime warranty,only 12 months warranty. I wouldnt spend $1200 on a 2nd hand machine,you dont know what has happened to it. My friend put her thermo jog in the base with no blades & pured 1lt of water into the machine. She drained it out, but I wouldnt want a machine that has been dropped,water poured inside,etc. Too risky for $1200-1500-
    Last edited by cheeeeesecake; 13-09-2015 at 16:23.