+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I recommend a Bellini! Only $229 at Target. Ive had mine 2yrs & never had an issue. Join the Bellini Addicts group on FB, people who have had issues have reported machine fixed/changed for a new one,no questions asked, within days of having a problem. 12 month warranty, so keep the box & return to target if you do have a problem. So no risk in giving it a try!I figure the thermomix costs 10x the price of a Bellini. If the Bellini lasts 3 years, its not been too bad, & I can upgrade later if I want.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cheeeeesecake For This Useful Post:

Catzilla  (11-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just electrical also sell reconditioned Bellinis for around $140 with 12months warranty. I was completely sceptical but as they were so cheap thought I may as well give it a go. I'm so glad I didn't buy a thermie, I go through stages of how often I use it and when I had issues with it I contacted just electrical who told me to send it back, once they received it they sent me another one. An awesome way to see if it's something you 'need', if you use it a lot, you can always upgrade to the thermie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH was the same as yours when I said I wanted to get one. He thought it was a waste of money until we got it and he saw it in action. He loves it just as much as me. Maybe take him to a demo, he might surprise you and let you get one.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to new mum 15809 For This Useful Post:

LaDiDah  (11-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeeeesecake View Post
    I recommend a Bellini! Only $229 at Target. Ive had mine 2yrs & never had an issue. Join the Bellini Addicts group on FB, people who have had issues have reported machine fixed/changed for a new one,no questions asked, within days of having a problem. 12 month warranty, so keep the box & return to target if you do have a problem. So no risk in giving it a try!I figure the thermomix costs 10x the price of a Bellini. If the Bellini lasts 3 years, its not been too bad, & I can upgrade later if I want.
    Pretty much this! I've had my Bellini for almost 2 years and I definitely don't get the use out of it to warrant spending $2000 but it does come in handy.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Green Cheese For This Useful Post:

cheeeeesecake  (12-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a bellini for 18 months before upgrading to the new thermomix earlier this year. I replaced my bellini 4 times under warranty (handle fell off twice, bowl leaking and then unit not heating). I upgraded because I was confident thermo cooking was for us. It was a bit of a pain having to replace it but didn't take long a all (just a trip to Target!).

I found three main differences between the thermomix and bellini

1 - kneading bread. Bellini can't handle as much dough and doesn't have a kneading function. There are work arounds for small amounts of dough but seeing as I make bread and pizza dough reguarly I couldn't/wouldn't use bellini for this. The motor wouldn't handle it.

2 - milling nuts to a fine flour. Bellini just can't get it fine enough for nut meal.

3 - blending hot food, like soups and sauces. There is no way I'd blitz hot food in a bellini. I'm confident with the design of the thermomix that there would be no pressure build up and therefore no risk of hot food practically exploding and burning me.

Every recipe I cooked in my bellini I just added a minute or two depending on what it was. Bellini just takes a little longer to heat up. I loved my bellini and I love my thermomix even more. The reconditioned bellinis from Just Electrical (sold as a magic cooker) are such an awesome way to try this style of cooking before a big outlay. But honestly if you're ok with it potentially needing to be replaced, don't really make bread or mill nuts the bellini is fantastic. And thermomix aren't fault proof. There are a number of people who've had to send their thermomix back for repairs multiple times.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to just her chameleon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hated my Bellini I'm about to get a thermy. I'm too dumb to convert recipes (yessss I know I'm silly!) on Bellini FB page it's ok but like yeah I'm just a blonde like that same with pounds and stuff like that 😂😂

Thermy all way!! They are forever breaking on Bellini addicts page too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    Hated my Bellini I'm about to get a thermy. I'm too dumb to convert recipes (yessss I know I'm silly!) on Bellini FB page it's ok but like yeah I'm just a blonde like that same with pounds and stuff like that 😂😂

Thermy all way!! They are forever breaking on Bellini addicts page too.
    What did you have to convert differently for Bellini that you wouldn't have to for tmx? Genuine question, not being facetious I've always followed tmx recipes with my Bellini and haven't had any trouble

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MaximumStarlight For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Same, I've never had to convert any recipes to use the bellini personally.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeeeesecake View Post
    Same, I've never had to convert any recipes to use the bellini personally.
    Me either. Just add a minute or two extra but that's it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kenwood all the way. The only slightly cheaper than a thermo (for the got everything top of the range high powered cooking version) but you can pretty much throw every other kitchen machine out (pasta roller, ice cream maker, blender, juicer, slicer/chopper, sausage machine, and on and on ...). It does way more than the thermo could hope to. Are you after it for cooking? The non-cooking Kenwoods are much cheaper but still awesome machines with all the attachments. Google kenwoodworld and have a look, it's a rare day that I done use mine for something.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Hulahoop For This Useful Post: