+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Thermomix alternatives

So I've been avoiding the thermomix demos but I got sucked in and went to one last night. I have to say I'm pretty sold on it but there's no way DH will let me spend $2k on a kitchen appliance!!

I know there are a few alternatives on the market, does anyone have one and what do you think of it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I haven't tried any of the other machines out there as have had a thermy for a few years, but if the price is an issue, have a look for the older model second hand. Some are going for around half the price of the new machine. I haven't seen the new one in action, so not sure if the chip is worth the extra $$. But lots of people are upgrading and selling their old machines.

There's been a lot of threads on here about how the Bellini burns things and problems with the others as well. I know it is expensive, but I do think you get what you pay for. The engineering in it is top notch and I've had mine about 5 years and it's never skipped a beat.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thermomix alternatives

There are alternatives...the ThermoChef and I think the Bellini. There may be more, not sure.

Just be careful though, a family member bought the ThermoChef after going to a thermomix demo. It is about $750 I think.

Apparently it burns absolutely everything and is unusable. She has tried everything to get it to work...It sits in a cupboard and she wishes she had never bothered. $750 is a lot of money for something to sit in a cupboard

I have had a thermomix for years and never once had a problem. I use it min 3 times a day so it is very well used!

I agree with pp. look for a second hand...esp a tm31. Now the new model has come out people are selling their old one to upgrade. You could get a great deal
    Last edited by Patience86; 11-09-2015 at 11:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had a Bellini for about 2.5 years. Love it! Glad I didn't spend $2k on a tmx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been looking at second hand ones too, but people are expecting $1500 used - yeah no. If I'm going to pay that much I may as well get a new one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I got myself a Bellini on sale from the target shop on Ebay.
    I think they're retailing for $229 at the minute.

I love cooking and this is a whole new way of doing things so it will take some time before I'm confident using it.
    The way I see it is, if I like this way of cooking ,then in the future I can upgrade to the Thermomix, but 2K was just too much of an investment without knowing.

Anyway, I only have it a week and I haven't got much time to experiment but I have tried the potato mash.
    So easy to make and tasty.
    Today I'm going to attempt coconut bread, and butter chicken for the weekend.
    I'll let you know how that goes, if the kids give me some free time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I brought the bellini from target about 18mths ago now.
    Never had an issue with it, does everything i need and was a great price

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought a Bellini last May, I'm quite happy with it. It can burn food occasionally, but for me it is only occasionally. I tend to have more burning with normal saucepans. There is a lot of recipes out there, and most thermomix recipes work with a little tweaking. The motor might not be as strong as it doesn't like it when I make dough, makes the motor smell. I wouldn't get a secondhand thermomix as there would be no warranty, with the Bellini it's 12 months

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the Big W version. The mistral ultimate kitchen machine. It's been great so far, what I have used of it but I haven't used it to it's full potential yet.
    There is a group on Facebook called Bellini addicts... Fantastic group of people and all so helpful and not just Bellini owners. Lots of recipes and advise on there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I want the tefel cuisine companion