+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Fake Ergo 360?

Hi. Does anyone know how to tell whether an Ergo 360 is genuine or fake? I have done some quick Google searches, but haven't come up with much - it's mostly about Ergo originals, etc, from a few years back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Where did you purchase it? I think there is a way to verify with the serial number. I looked into it before buying one once and they refused to sell to me after I asked, which is how I knew it wasn't real.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A friend bought it off Ebay - second hand I think. Is the serial number on the box or the carrier, do you know? I don't think it came with a box.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DUnno about 360, but with original Ergos, the only real way to tell these days is proof of purchase from a registered stockist.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I believe there is a tag with the number on it, I'm not sure about the 360's. I would personally go off of the seller, are they in Australia, have they sold other baby items, do they have good feedback and if they can tell you about where they got it and how much for, why aren't they using it etc.

Obviously don't interrogate them but polite conversation about the item that was sold.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    In the old ergos it was something to do with the buckle. There was a code stamped inside it. If it's genuine and from eBay the seller would be doing everything to prove its real to you so I'd ask about that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Why do you suspect that it is fake?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was suspicious because she got it for a very good price, so i had a good look at it and at pictures on the internet. One difference is that it has two black buttons on the inside (to button up the leg flap bits) where there is an Ergo video that talks about a grey and a black button, not two black buttons. Not sure if this is just a difference, or if it means it is a fake.

There is also a warning label on it about falls risk, which says something about baby only facing inwards. Now, this is a 360, designed for baby to forward face too. Seems suspicious... Does anyone have a genuine 360 that could post a photo of their warning tag?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Danza View Post
    I was suspicious because she got it for a very good price, so i had a good look at it and at pictures on the internet. One difference is that it has two black buttons on the inside (to button up the leg flap bits) where there is an Ergo video that talks about a grey and a black button, not two black buttons. Not sure if this is just a difference, or if it means it is a fake.

There is also a warning label on it about falls risk, which says something about baby only facing inwards. Now, this is a 360, designed for baby to forward face too. Seems suspicious... Does anyone have a genuine 360 that could post a photo of their warning tag?
    I have a genuine from store I think mines 2 black buttons, I'll grab from car soon and get pics for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Most Ergo's sold NEW in a box on ebay are fake