+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default NOt wanting to get teachers a Christmas Gift

Bit of spinoff as the last post really wasn't the place for it. Is anyone else NOT wanting to get their kids primary teachers a gift? If you're not happy with how your child has been treated/taught should you feel obligated?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I don't give gifts to every teacher. I give to whoever my heart leads too. Often it the special needs teachers that don't have a class but help out in classes or take kids out for extra tutorials.
    Last edited by LoveLivesHere; 08-09-2015 at 21:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yea we won't be this year. Feeling extremly underwhelmed with ds teacher this year unfortunately. We got one for his teacher last year as she was amazing and clearly went out of her way to do the best job she could. This year the same cannot be said at all. She doesn't even come clost to just doing her job.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If ds is still in daycare I wont get his teachers anything as they are pretty useless, but I will get the nursery staff something as they had him most of the year and are fantastic

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Something to think about.....my DD has 2 teachers who are amazing, she also has a 3rd teacher who oversees the 4 grade 1 & 2 classes. This teacher does testing of the kids, fills in if a teacher is away, assists the teachers behind the scenes, but doesnt spend a huge amount of time with each class. When I mentioned to my DD that we probably wouldnt need to get that particular teacher a present, DD got very upset and said that she has to because "everyone else gets ALL the teacher's a present", so maybe keep in mind that in order to be just like his or her peers, your child might want to give a present.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlsRock View Post
    Something to think about.....my DD has 2 teachers who are amazing, she also has a 3rd teacher who oversees the 4 grade 1 & 2 classes. This teacher does testing of the kids, fills in if a teacher is away, assists the teachers behind the scenes, but doesnt spend a huge amount of time with each class. When I mentioned to my DD that we probably wouldnt need to get that particular teacher a present, DD got very upset and said that she has to because "everyone else gets ALL the teacher's a present", so maybe keep in mind that in order to be just like his or her peers, your child might want to give a present.
    That's true. I hadn't thought of that. Perhaps if he insists I will buy some dollar tree chocolate and novelty soaps. Haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acadaca View Post
    That's true. I hadn't thought of that. Perhaps if he insists I will buy some dollar tree chocolate and novelty soaps. Haha.
    perfect. I ended up telling DD that we could buy the 3rd teacher something little. I was thinking a tree ornament or something.