+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default High HCG at 5+6

Hi ladies. I just had a blood test at the above gestation. HCG was about 43000, which seems too high. Added to that, I think I ovulated a couple of days later, maybe CD17.

A scan 3 days before my blood test showed one gestational sac, a yolk sac and nothing else. I had the scan because of light bleeding. Fine for the gestation but I'm not sure what my bloods said at that point.

Stressed out of my mind that this is a molar pregnancy. What do you guys think? I don't have another scan for 6 days

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sally1981 View Post
    Hi ladies. I just had a blood test at the above gestation. HCG was about 43000, which seems too high. Added to that, I think I ovulated a couple of days later, maybe CD17.

A scan 3 days before my blood test showed one gestational sac, a yolk sac and nothing else. I had the scan because of light bleeding. Fine for the gestation but I'm not sure what my bloods said at that point.

Stressed out of my mind that this is a molar pregnancy. What do you guys think? I don't have another scan for 6 days
    I just went back and looked at my notes and I think I would have had a similar HCG about that point. Try to think positive though I know you've been through a lot. This Bub of mine had high HCG from the beginning and he's such a big strong bubba boy now

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

Sally1981  (08-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default High HCG at 5+6

My hcg was really high, a scan at around 5+4 only showed a yolk sac too. At the repeat scan a week later there was a heartbeat. Try not to stress yet.

Eta: my boy is 1 next week, we went through a lot in the early days and I had a poor prognosis (related to something else though). He hung on though and we made it through. I think the high hcg was actually a good thing, he was strong!
    Last edited by Pearlygirl; 08-09-2015 at 18:34.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pearlygirl For This Useful Post:

Sally1981  (08-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default High HCG at 5+6

See if I wasn't bleeding i'd be less worried. Damn it! Over the stress

Thanks for your responses ladies. Gives me peace xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    My levels were 22000 at 5+2 so would have been around that figure by then. It was just one healthy boy and a hassle free pregnancy. Just relax and see what your scan shows next week. I had a scan in my ob's rooms at 5+6 and we couldn't see a baby but the following week there was a wonderful heartbeat.