+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 94957585960 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hope77 View Post
    How are all the new mummas going? Our girl is one week old today so we're kind of on track to routine... She's a bit of a night owl and stays awake quite a while after feeds. Miss 3 is loving being a big sister but at the same time is acting up more than usual, fun times ahead!

As with my DD I haven't had much success in breastfeeding so we're mix feeding. How is everyone else going feeding?
    My 3 year old is acting up lots too. He's getting better now but I was in Hospy a week and it was too long for him for me to be away i think, we're slowly getting back to normal routine.

My fella is a bit of a night owl too, fed 2 hourly last night but does better stretches during the day. We had some problems feeding in hospy, he was very sleepy but once they picked up the tongue tie and that was fixed it improved. I was topping him up with expressed milk each feed but he's not needing it now and much less painful to feed. I've just got to be on the lookout for mastitis as im prone to it.

I rekon feeding takes a good 6 weeks at least to get established.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

StillHopeful  (01-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sarah your boys are absolutely scrumptious!! Well done hun! Xo

CG ouch that sounds so painful! My little man is still a bit of a pincher even with his tie released - his top lip is a bit tied too but I'm just trying to help him fold it up rather than curling it under and it should come right. He was feeding hourly overnight because they are backwards day/night as newbies but he is starting to have 1 or 2 two to three hour sleeps overnight and the rest hourly.

Sounds like you guys have full hands with your beautiful tots too! They will be best of friends come a few years 💙

Hope if you want to keep your supply up, try express for every bottle of formula you give xx
    But if you will always mix feed that doesn't matter x

It certainly is a tough gig! I fed my DS for 5 months, my DD was born 2 years later and went straight on the bottle. I always felt guilty not feeding her but now feeding this little guy I realise it would have been almost impossible to breastfeed DD with a toddler. It's very time consuming at the least.

My goal is 12 months for this bub, being my last and with a near 9 year gap I'm hoping that I have the patience to stick it out. I second you CG, BF takes a good amount of time to master for mum and bub. But every feed is a success even if you stopped at one 😘😘

4. The Following User Says Thank You to StillHopeful For This Useful Post:

sarah1982  (02-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gorgeous babies everywhere, my boy is 3 weeks today! And we have had a horrible night. We usually have a good night and then a bad night. He just wanted to be on me, didn't sleep unless he was on my chest, and hubby went back to work this week (3am starts) so trying to keep Bub as calm as possible.
    Feeding is getting better everyday, I have mastitis in my right breast at the moment, and am expressing from my left as I'm only feeding from the right as much as possible to try and clear it, on anti biotics. Also broke out with a cold sore yesterday so having abit of a cr@ppy time of it and now can't even kiss my baby
    But bub is doing well, feeding is going well! I just need to remember to eat more and take care of myself and rest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Mumofjay you poor thing! Hope you get better asap xoxo

We've had a bit of a shocking night too. Bub fed hourly and unsettled due to wind and went through 3 outfits for various reasons. Add to that DD9 spewed in her bed so shower and sheet change/washing. Can't decide whether to try sleep before the school run or not 😩 lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies!! Good to see everyone is going well.

Things here are great, feeeding is going well and Ds is gaining weight well. I plan on BF until he has teeth haha. I go back to Tafe in five weeks so im getting him used to bottle feeding now for the two mornings I'm there.

Dd is still struggling a little but is much better. I really miss it being just her and I.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How is everyone going with their beautiful bubs? Any new arrivals? Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @StillHopeful going great here, our little girl has settled in nicely. Sleeps a lot so getting 4-5 hours a night which is lovely. I still don't cope too well with that 2/3am feed.. I forgot about that one, it's been 3.5yrs since I've done this! How are you going? And everyone else?

Anyone thinking about going again? We have one in the freezer which we will try. We have a holiday booked for Oct/Nov so I'm thinking we'll get the ball rolling in Aug/Sept if my FS will allow it. I will be 40 next year so want to try asap as I don't think I'll physically cope otherwise. If it doesn't work then we are done at 2, I love the thought of never having to go through EPU again!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default new-ish arrival!

@StillHopeful

Yes! Amara Willow arrived on june 16, at 35 weeks, 1 day - slightly earlier than expected.

She is now 37 weeks 1 day, adjusted.
    We are hoping to take our precious peach home early next week.

Sending our love to all the mummas on this thread. X

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaMell For This Useful Post:

hope77  (30-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Mell!! She must've been teeny xx

We won't be hope77. I get sad thinking about it but we did 4 full stims and have nothing frozen. If we had some on ice we would def use them but Im done with IVF and want to move on and enjoy my family. I'm applying for uni at the end of the year so another one would mean putting that of yet again. I'm 31 this year so I still have time up my sleeve if we decide in a few years we would like more. Dh has severe MFI so I might have a chat with FS about freezing some sperm.

Here's my little guy just over 7 weeks old. I'm so in love xx
    Attached Images

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

hope77  (30-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations on your tiny bundle of joy MamaMell!! Hope you get to take her home asap xoxo

Hope this was always meant to be our last baby but in my mind I had thought of by some miracle it accidentally happened later on I would be thrilled....BUT! I think labour this time has really scarred me for life. It may still be too fresh in my mind and I need a few months or years to forget but I'm happy to not have to go through it again. Just breathing in every second with this little guy and savouring him as my last. However, I will be paying storage again for our 1 snow baby 😂 Oh the 2am feed, I must admit it isn't hurting me as much as it should be because I'm doing all that I said I wouldn't 😂 baby has barely used his bassinet, he's in with me so I just pull out the boob and fall back to sleep most times 😔 but our little guy only has anywhere between 2.5 -4.5 hours initially then Is up every hour - hour and a half until morning! Might be why we are co sleeping lol!

Ngaiz your little guy is so cute and sweet! here is our little boy, 6 weeks on Saturday!
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1467283032.320257.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1467283046.943572.jpg

15. The Following User Says Thank You to StillHopeful For This Useful Post:

hope77  (30-06-2016)