+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 60 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh mummymaybe I am sending you lots of love for you and your family xx.

How is everyone else going? Hope you are all well!

I have just been diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes today, makes me a little scared as the closest special care nursery to us is almost 2 hrs away by car, so that makes me nervous. We are just going to try and manage with diet at this stage, and hopefully it will calm down. If I have to go on to insulin we will have to deliver at the special care hospital. I am going to be super strict on myself as I really don't want to have to travel.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's no good mumofjay, hopefully it can be easily managed and you don't have to travel x

Gosh eating well is so hard! I eat so much rubbish! 😁 been trying to counteract that with exercise aka mowing, painting and a whole lot of cleaning but I feel so sore now!

Anyone else's butt as big as their belly!? 27 weeks on Friday, times flying now! But I think there's a hidden twin in my trunk! Gosh I bought new knickers 2 sizes up, put them on and they are too small! 😳 DH said why didn't you go up a size? Umm I went up 2 effing sizes and they still don't fit 😭😭 I didn't tell him that though!

Loving baby's movement. He is a cranky little bugger already, as soon as my belly is touched he will kick away at that spot! 3 out of 3 times on the Doppler he went ninja on it. It's great for if someone wants to feel him though, but I hope he changes his mind about being touched/held because we have a big family that will want to snap him up lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone! Had my glucose test yesterday, did not know it's 3 blood tests these days! But luckily after ivf, needles and bloods are nothing! My left arm is so scarred from repeat bloods that I'm pretty sure the scar tissue makes them hurt more! Had 2 in the left and asked for the 3rd in the right and barley felt it! So maybe my theory is onto something...

How is everyone? What are your latest bargains or must haves?

Hope you are doing as best you can mummy maybe X if you find this thread insensitive for you I could ask them to make a new one? Not sure how far off we are from that anyway... I think of you and little Harry often xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Still hopeful, I hope your glucose comes back good! When do you get your results?
    I'm doing ok with the healthy eating, it's just my breakfast levels I can't keep down, I've tried a oat and banana smoothie today so will see how my levels are 2hrs after that.
    26 weeks now so only 12-14 to go!
    I picked up an electric steriliser yesterday for $15! We plan on breast feeding but just thought it would still be handy for dummy's etc and if I express.
    We have everything we need, except the pram which I will be going to LAYBY next week. We are going with the steelcraft agile sp, our capsule clicks straight into it, and will be the only big thing we have brought brand new.
    Picked up a Tasman Eco bassinet of gumtree for $150 a few weeks ago, will fit in our room so Bub can be closer for the first few weeks anyway.
    Struggling with names, I love Reid but our last name starts with R so not sure on that one. Hubby loves Braith and I like it also but think I need a back up name incase he comes out and doesn't look like a Braith haha.
    Anyone else got names?

Hope you are all doing well, and thought are with you mummymaybe, I also agree with Still Hopeful, happy to start another thread if this one is insensitive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not at all ladies. I'm quietly following your progress. If it gets to much I will unsubscribe. Thanks for thinking of us. Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just booked my maternity/newborn photography session! Excited!!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mumofjay For This Useful Post:

Calstar  (20-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @StillHopeful how were your results for the glucose test? I have mine next Tuesday. I am still incredibly tired considering how far along I am now (26wks) and quite often overly thirsty so I wonder if I might have diabetes this time around. I didn't have it with my daughter. I have been eating fairly well though so who knows, I'll wait and see.

Haven't had cravings like I did with my daughter, just loving custard and yoghurt and fruit and still constantly hungry!
    @mumofjay that's exciting about your newborn session. We had photos of our daughter but probably won't do it again, they are still on the cd, I never did anything with them!

We haven't bought anything really. I just got the glider board attachment for our pram (city select) rather than a second seat as our 3y/o is unlikely to get in it anyway but she was loving the glider board. At least that means I'll be able to get out and do some exercise once bub is here. I was thinking a couple of onsies might be handy but we don't know the sex and I know with my daughter we just had my mum go out and buy a few newborn pink things while I was still in hospital then went mad when I got out. I will need different sizes this time round though as our daughter was a summer baby so even if we have another girl, hand me downs won't work! Just need some nappies and stock up on wipes and we'll be set I think.

We have a very active baby now, kicks more than not. Our DD talks to my belly and cuddles, tickles and kisses it lots, I hope she's still that in love once baby arrives!!

My scan a few weeks ago bub was breech so hopefully in a week when I see OB it's turned but the kicks are still so low, I don't think it has. Oh and my belly button is about to become an outtie I think, so big now!!

Only 8 weeks to go and I'm on maternity leave, I cannot wait as I'm completely exhausted!! When do you all finish up work (if you're working?).

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hope77 For This Useful Post:

Calstar  (20-02-2016),StillHopeful  (26-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @mummymaybe very sorry to read your post. Little Harry's farewell sounded just lovely. I hope you have lots of support around you and are taking time out from everything for a while xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hope77, my edd is 31/5 and I'm working up to 6/5, so 11 weeks of work left. I have a few days of sick leave so plan on taking every second day or so of in those last couple of weeks (naughty). I was going to finish earlier but there is two public holidays that I wouldn't get paid for while on mat leave so I'm milking it. I too am getting huge, with an outie already and 7kg up. I think this lo is lying sideways with all the kicks in the same place. I had an anterior placenta with dd and felt much more movement with her and I get so anxious that something is wrong. I called the geneticist at my scan place about my results and they put my mind at ease.....for about 4 days. I have the city select too and want the second seat and the glider board. I have to order the seat from the the UD as there are no more silver frame one in Australia and it will drive me insane having two that don't match.

Mumofjay-we didn't get s photo shoot last time but I am considering it. I'm just so self conscious that I'm scared they will look awful and be a waste of money. Love the name Reid! Bit of a criminal minds freak here.

Mummymaybe-always thinking of you x

SH-my booty is no where near as big as it was last time. I swear it sick or as much as the belly. I could have sat a cup on it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Ngaiz you must have the same city select as me, we have the silver from 2013. after our first pram fell apart I decided to lash out and so glad I did, it will be handy now with 2. My sister has the same pram with 2 seats as she has twins so if I ever need a seat I'll loan one from her.

I actually officially go on maternity leave from May but I already had a weeks leave booked for 2nd week of NSW school holidays in April then working a few days the following short week after Anzac Day, so I still get paid the PH.. Though I may use a sick day that week somewhere. I truly cannot wait to finish up already. I will never go back to work full time while I have kids at home. My DD has been asking when I'll stay home with her a lot lately so making me feel rather guilty but if I didn't go back full time I wouldn't have been paid full time mat leave from work.

Does anyone have frosties left? We have one more in the freezer so by the time this next bub is 8-10mths I'll be planning on giving it ago. Will never do another full stim though so that will decide if we have 2 or 3 kids.

Just paid our OB $2000 fee and got a measly $275 back from Medicare! I'm apparently with the best in our area though so if anything were to go wrong I'll be in good hands. I've been having awful thoughts this pregnancy about still birth for some reason. I think the shock of losing one earlier last year at 6 weeks has put doubt in my mind that everything will be ok. Have to stop thinking like that!

Anyway, hope everyone else is traveling well.