+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 60 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Who is your Ob mummymaybe?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hope77 sorry to hear about the gastro - how yucky for you 😟 I hope it goes away soon. Seems to be everywhere right now.
    @StillHopeful I will admit I had a little giggle at your naughty dog...I too have two naughty dogs and I could see them doing something like that to me! So cool about the movements you're feeling - I can't wait to be able to feel definite movements - I have been feeling flutters every now and then but nothing much more than that.
    @Ngaiz your little clay alien is so so sweet 😊 what an amazing picture!
    @mummymaybe I'm so sorry you have more questions than answers after your scan 😟 it must be such a worrying time for you. I have been thinking of you and am really hoping for the best possible outcome for you and your baby boy.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ree888 For This Useful Post:

StillHopeful  (10-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Ngaiz sorry I just saw your question we are seeing Charlotte Mooring and couldn't be happier with her.

Well things just keep getting better, still waiting on a fetal echocardiogram and amnio next week but our scans show placenta previa and I found out today I have gestational diabetes.

I feel totally defeated, what more can possibly go wrong, I just want a happy healthy baby and a stress free pregnancy after going through so much to get here.

Anyway sorry for the big vent, I'll go wallow in self pity for a while. 😭😭

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Ngaiz sorry I just saw your question we are seeing Charlotte Mooring and couldn't be happier with her.

Well things just keep getting better, still waiting on a fetal echocardiogram and amnio next week but our scans show placenta previa and I found out today I have gestational diabetes.

I feel totally defeated, what more can possibly go wrong, I just want a happy healthy baby and a stress free pregnancy after going through so much to get here.

Anyway sorry for the big vent, I'll go wallow in self pity for a while. 😭😭

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh lovely, that's a rough ride. You will probably be directed my way for test strips after your GDM education.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh @mummymaybe I'm so sorry : ( I completely understand your feelings. We go through so much to get here you'd think we'd all be blessed with smooth uneventful pregnancies!! I'm thinking of you and hope you get some answers soon. As for the placenta previa and gestational diabetes at least you know about them now and can manage then with your ob. It sucks, it really does : (. Hope you're doing okay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't been keeping up, gosh mummymaybe you guys are having a tough time will you do any more scans or wait till bub is born? What a lot of stress for you both. I really hope you only need minimal treatment when he's born.

Gestational diabetes sucks, my good friend had it and although the diet was really restrictive she said looking back it was good because it forced her to eat more healthy. Just another added stress you don't need though!

How are all of you ladies going? Getting to the middle part now?

I'm 19w4d and doing ok. On a pretty hefty dose of blood pressure meds as my Bp just keeps going up, they make me feel really sleepy and awful but has to be done. Im still hoping to work another month or two but we'll just have to see how that works. Our early scan said its another boy but we'll find out for sure at the morph scan in 2 weeks. I've still got yukky morning sickness and not feeling the best at all so im kind of hoping the weeks will pass quickly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a brief update. We had our fetal echo yesterday and met with the paediatric cardiologist.

We have an official diagnosis of hypoplastic left ventricle and mitral valve ( those bits of his heart are far to small) there is no cure however they do 3 open heart surgeries 2 in the first few months after birth and one a couple of years later. These make the best of the "dodgy plumbing" but bub will likely have some issues going forward. Low exercise tolerance, higher risk of heart infections plus plenty more. The issue is some kids do pretty well and others don't and there is no real way of telling which way we will go.

We need to have an amnio to rule out chromosomal issues and that will happen today or tomorrow.

Our only other option is termination which we would only consider if the amnio shows major issues.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummymaybe View Post
    Just a brief update. We had our fetal echo yesterday and met with the paediatric cardiologist.

We have an official diagnosis of hypoplastic left ventricle and mitral valve ( those bits of his heart are far to small) there is no cure however they do 3 open heart surgeries 2 in the first few months after birth and one a couple of years later. These make the best of the "dodgy plumbing" but bub will likely have some issues going forward. Low exercise tolerance, higher risk of heart infections plus plenty more. The issue is some kids do pretty well and others don't and there is no real way of telling which way we will go.

We need to have an amnio to rule out chromosomal issues and that will happen today or tomorrow.

Our only other option is termination which we would only consider if the amnio shows major issues.
    Oh Hun. I'm sorry to hear this, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed the amnio is all clear xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    All the best today mummymaybe xx