+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 60 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks ladies, it wasn't what we were expecting. I'm incredibly lucky that DH is very knowledgable regarding imaging and we have many friends who are also radiologists so we've been able to get fast appointments for the secondary scan as well as DH being able to explain everything.

The poor sonographer who did the scan said he would only see a couple of abnormal morph scans a year and unfortunately this one had to be the bosses wife. I feel so sorry for him being in that position but it was also great to get the news from a friend who I trust 100%.

Luckily we are already delivering privately at the mater and were seriously considering a cesarean so no need to change plans.

Of all the cardiac abnormalities this is probably one of the better ones. Survival rates with surgery are very good. The only other good option would be that the imaging just didn't capture the right stuff but that is extremely unlikely.

So as to keep things a little upbeat here is a little shot of our gorgeous little guy.
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1452197593.280050.jpg

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mummymaybe For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (08-01-2016),StillHopeful  (09-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry mummymaybe how scary for you both. Sounds like you've been able to process things a little now and are looking a bit more optimistic. And I love the pic- he is indeed a gorgeous little guy! He'll have the best care possible at the mater. Wishing you all the best for your second scan today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Afm - been so busy being back at work this week. I am exhausted. Nearly couldn't get out of bed this morning. I heard the exhaustion is supposed to be getting better from now on but I feel it's getting worse 😧.
    I saw my ob on Wednesday and asked her about the NT measurement and she completely brushed it off as a non issue which was reassuring. She said the results still got better, not worse with all factors (bloods and scan), so I really shouldn't worry about it. I guess if there's any concerns I'll know more at the morphology scan. She did a scan and our little one was being so cheeky...think we're going to have our hands full with this one. She seemed to be pushing the scanner away and also seemed to have the hiccups haha. So cute.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ree888 For This Useful Post:

StillHopeful  (09-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies! I've been following along but haven't had a chance to write. I've had a 3 year old with gastro since Boxing Day and now she's finally over it, I've come down with it. Sadly there's not much I can do but ride this out. Bit concerned that vomiting has increased so will see how I go over the weekend before contacting OB. Saw a random GP yesterday who said just keep up fluids, which I'm trying to but even the hydralyte doesn't want to stay down.

Lots of kicks from bubs so I assume all ok in there. We had our 20 week scan on Monday and all was fine. We didn't find out the sex but I'm very curious.

Have been talking names this week, think we have both boy and girls name picked.

We got one new car seat (up to 8 yrs) for DD in the sales so baby can have her old seats which are from birth. Will lay by another if I ever get over this gastro and can venture out!

Sounds like everyone is traveling along ok, besides mummymaybe - sorry to hear about the heart issues on bubs, I hope everything works out fine after birth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mummymaybe good to hear from you and see that gorgeous photo xx
    I can't imagine how scary the thought of watching your tiny bub go through surgery is but sounds like you are very informed and optimistic and already in the best care. I did some reading on the condition after your first post and there were quite a few famous athletes born with it so sounds like after corrective surgery he can have a perfectly normal life.

Hope so to hear about the gastro! I had that accompany my MS with DD and wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy! Have you tried zofran wafers? (Ondansetron) I cannot recommend it more! I've taken them for gastro and ms and completely stopped the vomiting! Hope you feel better soon xx

Hope everyone else is travelling well. I've been trying to incorporate a little exercise/activity to counter act my ridiculous hunger lol. Yesterday I mowed and whipper snipped my front and back lawn.... It felt good, but today my body feels like it's been hit by a truck lol! Didn't help that half way through my naughty dog escaped and made me chase him all the way to the local shopping centre! There's a sight for the town, 6 months pregnant and in sweaty, dirty mowing clothes chasing a naughty dog that walked INTO the shops. He was really impressed with himself 😭

I'm feeling baby much more again the past week, I think I've worked out the my anterior placenta is on the left hand side so he can move behind that and I don't feel his kicks and movements as much as when he is on the right side. I hope DH can feel him soon, when I try feel my tummy his movements are huge inside but I can't work out if my hand felt it lol. But I have actually seen the kicks a couple times! Makes it more real even though it still hasn't sunk it that I have a baby inside that will be ours. Still waiting for the next bad news.... Thanks ivf 👌

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My little clay alien.
    Attached Images

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

mummymaybe  (09-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mummymaybe, knowledge is power. The knowledge your dh has must be comforting knowing there can be a good long term outcome.

Hope, everyone at work has had gastro except me. Fingers crossed I avoid it. Head to ED for IV fluids if the vomiting becomes too much and you feel dehydrated.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

StillHopeful  (10-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post
    My little clay alien.
    So beautiful!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so glad to see everyone plodding along nicely, I hope you are all surviving the heat!

Our tertiary cardiac scan has left us with more questions than answers. They now think it isn't Tetralogy of Fallor and a cluster of other issues some of which are easily fixed with surgery and others which would be much more difficult like hyperplastic left heart.

Next step is an echocardiogram and appointment with a paediatric cardiologist and more than likely an amniocentesis to rule out possible chromosomal issues.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies. We found out today we are expecting a boy. We couldn't be happier.
    Attached Images

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

StillHopeful  (10-01-2016)