+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 60 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ree888 View Post
    Thanks @Ngaiz - that was our original plan, wait for NT and how that goes, then do the blood test if needed. But does the NT scan really only look for risk of Down's syndrome? Or does it look for a wider variety of chromosomal disorders?
    My NT also gave my risk for T18 and T21. I really can't say what else NIPT looks for because I've never looked into it. My understanding of genetics though is that you can't look for something that you don't know/suspect is there as you need to know the specific markers.

Clem, I've know a few ivf mummas to have the low pappa on here. My totally anecdotal opinion on ivf being considered higher risk by researchers is that traditionally ivf was only used for older women who already carried a much higher risk. This isn't the case anymore.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

MamaMell  (30-11-2015),Ree888  (29-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for the feedback ladies. Still haven't made a decision yet, but you have given me lots to think about! I guess there's also the thought process, what would I do if I did come back high risk, they can never tell you 100% unless you have an amnio anyway which I will not be doing. I hate that I'm just worrying my way through this...you'd think it'd get easier after FINALLY getting your long awaited for BFP but the anxiety I've been feeling far outweighs any 2ww or stim cycle I've had!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for the feedback ladies. Still haven't made a decision yet, but you have given me lots to think about! I guess there's also the thought process, what would I do if I did come back high risk, they can never tell you 100% unless you have an amnio anyway which I will not be doing. I hate that I'm just worrying my way through this...you'd think it'd get easier after FINALLY getting your long awaited for BFP but the anxiety I've been feeling far outweighs any 2ww or stim cycle I've had!
    God I hear that! I'm never so stressed and worried as I am in the first trimester, well actually the whole pregnancy. Ivf girls are so programmed for bad news so it comes with the territory.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

Ree888  (29-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Ree888 no I won't be doing further tests. My OB said at 10 weeks that (whatever it is they look for with downs etc) already looked very low risk to him (think it was the fluid in the neck?). The dr that gave me the results on the day of my scan (& the ultrasound tech) said everything looked perfect. The dr said she wouldn't recommend me doing further tests, she's confident I'm low risk. She also wouldn't recommend the amino because it's an ivf pregnancy and the test has its own risks. Good luck with what ever you decide but further tests weren't for me.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hope77 For This Useful Post:

MamaMell  (30-11-2015),Ree888  (30-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Saw my OB again today and he says my NT results are also "perfect" so I'm confident now we'll be fine. He said for my age it's a 1:125 chance so 1:1010 is great.

Saw our little bub again and heard the heartbeat. I think I can start to relax a little now, still so nervous until I see that hb on screen.

How's everyone going? Anyone going to be finding out gender? We had a surprise with our dd so leaving it that way again, it was such a great moment.

I'm feeling a little guilty this pregnancy, with my dd we took belly photos religiously from 6 weeks, already this is clearly second child as we only took one last night and I'm almost 15 weeks. Wonder if it will be the same for photos once bub arrives!

I'm slowly getting more energy though I vomited Sunday and woke up super nauseous today, think it's because I'm not up in the night snacking and my belly is empty on waking(?).

Anyway, hope all is going well with everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @hope77 that's great about what your ob said about the risk. Huge weight lifted.

I'm still pretty undecided about whether to find out bubs sex or not. Leaning more towards a surprise at the minute but we'll see.

I have my first midwife appointment today, and will also be getting NT results today too.

Had another tiny bit of spotting this morning, it still freaks me out beyond measure even though I've seen it so often this pregnancy. I try to remain as calm as possible, but goodness it's hard.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Calstar For This Useful Post:

Kazza78  (01-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think we will find out the gender. I had 2 failed sponal blocks with L and ended up having my cs under general. Even now it still upsets me that I didn't get to hear that first cry I waited years for or the 'IT'S A GIRL'. Tbh, even though it was out of my control I felt like I had let her down by not being there. I'm so worried it will happen again that I want that little half way surprise.

Hope I've only taken a coupke of photos. Last time I took one EVERY SINGLE WEEK! Time is dragging....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies, 10 weeks today, i had my final appointment with my fertility clinic monday, at my 7 week scan i had a 2cm SCH which had thankfully shrunk to 0.79cm so that's good news, i actually haven't had any external bleeding so that's also a positive, i had white cells in my urine on monday so they are sending that off to the lab to be sure I don't have an infection. OB appointment is on 11 Dec, he delivered my son and is such a lovely man!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hope77 great news on your scan results - that must be such a relief!!
    @Calstar how did you go with your results yesterday and your midwife appt? Hope all went well! I've been spotting brown ever since I had a red bleed at 5w4days due to an SCH. It calms right down sometimes then other times it goes brown again out of nowhere. It's such a worry isn't it?
    @Ngaiz oh that must have been so sad for you to miss out on that moment. You didn't let your little one down though, it was just the way it went - you carried and delivered and beautiful healthy baby and did everything you possibly could. That's what matters the most!
    @stillfuntryin I'm glad your SCH has shrunk right down! That must be a good feeling! I know it was for me. Although I've been spotting brown ever since it was discovered. Mine was a big one - not sure on the measurements but I could see it was large. I hope your test results are fine - and we both have our OB appts on the same day

AFM I know everyone says symptoms can come and go etc. but I've had the sorest b00bs ever since about 5w and they've really settled right down and it worries me! I'm 9w2d today - could it be that hcg is plateauing? They're still veiny and big just not sore. The brown spotting worries me too, I'm so scared I'll get to my OB appt and there'll be no heartbeat. I was used to weekly scans I guess and this time it'll be nearly 3 wks between scans - such a long time!!! I am still really tired, but suffering with insomnia from the early hours of the morning, intermittent heartburn and waves of nausea but nothing at all serious and constipated, and also really bloated so other symptoms are there, I just can't shake my worry and it's so frustrating! Anyone else feeling the same?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hope77 great news on your scan results - that must be such a relief!!
    @Calstar how did you go with your results yesterday and your midwife appt? Hope all went well! I've been spotting brown ever since I had a red bleed at 5w4days due to an SCH. It calms right down sometimes then other times it goes brown again out of nowhere. It's such a worry isn't it?
    @Ngaiz oh that must have been so sad for you to miss out on that moment. You didn't let your little one down though, it was just the way it went - you carried and delivered and beautiful healthy baby and did everything you possibly could. That's what matters the most!
    @stillfuntryin I'm glad your SCH has shrunk right down! That must be a good feeling! I know it was for me. Although I've been spotting brown ever since it was discovered. Mine was a big one - not sure on the measurements but I could see it was large. I hope your test results are fine - and we both have our OB appts on the same day

AFM I know everyone says symptoms can come and go etc. but I've had the sorest b00bs ever since about 5w and they've really settled right down and it worries me! I'm 9w2d today - could it be that hcg is plateauing? They're still veiny and big just not sore. The brown spotting worries me too, I'm so scared I'll get to my OB appt and there'll be no heartbeat. I was used to weekly scans I guess and this time it'll be nearly 3 wks between scans - such a long time!!! I am still really tired, but suffering with insomnia from the early hours of the morning, intermittent heartburn and waves of nausea but nothing at all serious and constipated, and also really bloated so other symptoms are there, I just can't shake my worry and it's so frustrating! Anyone else feeling the same?
    Your symptoms will start to plateau at this stage, don't be worried! I have a doppler that I found bubs on quite early so if I'm ever worried I just wip it out lol. Anyone else had to pay for their NT scans?? I didn't pay for one scan with my son and because I have a GP referral and not one from my FS i have to pay $280!! Anyone know a way around this??