+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 60 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies sorry I went MIA, im currently 9+1, had a scan at 7+2 and had a perfect little bubba in there, have a scan on Monday with my IVF clinic and have a appointment with my OB on the 11th December, i love my OB so it will be nice to go back to show him my little boy who he delivered in Nov last year!! I also found bubs on my at home doppler yesterday which is super early so I feel great about this pregnancy! MS only lasted a bit over a week!

20151113_095755_opt.jpg

This is my scan from 7 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies! It's been busy in here! I went overseas and have since come back then was straight back into work and they usual crazy hectic life with a 3 y/o so haven't had much time or energy to post.

All going ok here though I'm so so tired still at 14 weeks. I had my NT scan earlier in the week and all looked good though I have a 1:1010 chance of having a Down's baby which made me nervous, just 3 years ago my daughter was a 1:5000 chance! So shows you what age can do. Still less than the standard for my age which is 1:250 & the dr said she's confident the other measurements are perfect.

Here's my scan.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1448531098.036860.jpg

I definitely have a belly now. Finally told my work so I can just enjoy it now and wear less baggy clothes!! Though I've had to go and buy more maternity pants for work as last time I was pregnant I got away with jeans as it was quite cold.

Lucky I don't have to do any shopping besides some first born clothes, newborn nappies and a new car seat for my dd. I already have 3 prams, one is the city select which I plan on just getting a skateboard attachment for my dd then see if we need a second seat down the track. I could never justify the bugaboo $$ either and sorry I even spent so much on the city select but see now it will be handy with 2 kids.

Have to shift dd into a new bedroom which we plan on doing up for her with decals over the walls so she's a bit excited about going into a big girls room. Hopefully she stays excited when bub arrives lol.

Not much else happening here, just a struggle to get through my working day at the moment, hopefully my energy returns soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Ivf miracles due may/june/july 2016

-
    Last edited by MrsTugs; 28-11-2015 at 08:53.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsTugs For This Useful Post:

Kazza78  (29-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hope77 that's a great scan pic!
    What has your dr said about the risk factor? Were they happy with it? It's obviously different to last time but still looks ok to me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello 2nd trimester to me!! Huge relief to be at this point now.

I have my first hospital/pre-obstetric appointment this week...interested to see what happens.

My NT results should be back soon too I think.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Calstar For This Useful Post:

Kazza78  (28-11-2015),MrsLA  (28-11-2015),sjk  (28-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ivf miracles due may/june/july 2016

Hi all, how are we all traveling? I'm loving the bump pics and scans!! Happy 2nd trimester @Calstar!! That must feel amazing I can't wait to get to there so I can stop worrying so much...I'm 8+5 today, I work at a childcare centre and we had our children's Christmas party today. Think I overdid it a little as I haven't moved from bed since I got home at 130. Exhausted!! Still getting used to being mobile after that 2 1/2 weeks of bed rest with the bleed I had.
    I do have a question - how many of you ladies have opted for the NIPT/Harmony/Panorama blood test? I did think we had decided not to to it as I'm only (nearly) 27, but a part of me wants to because it was recommended by my FS and because I know someone has recently gone through an awful experience. It's really affected me and I feel so awful for her. So now I'm thinking I will get it done as Id rather know sooner rather than later if there may be something wrong. What are your thoughts? Is it worth the $450-$500?
    Last edited by Ree888; 28-11-2015 at 16:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ree I decided before NT that I would do NIPT if my NT results weren't too good. I got a 1:12000ish risk result which is awesome for 30 so once again we decided against it. I think if I was 5 years older I would. I guess it depends on what you would do and and how well you would want to prepare if the result was not a 'good' one. Both my FS and the geneticist said they didn't see a need to do it with my result. I think you generally get it done around 10wks.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Ree888  (29-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post
    Ree I decided before NT that I would do NIPT if my NT results weren't too good. I got a 1:12000ish risk result which is awesome for 30 so once again we decided against it. I think if I was 5 years older I would. I guess it depends on what you would do and and how well you would want to prepare if the result was not a 'good' one. Both my FS and the geneticist said they didn't see a need to do it with my result. I think you generally get it done around 10wks.
    Thanks @Ngaiz - that was our original plan, wait for NT and how that goes, then do the blood test if needed. But does the NT scan really only look for risk of Down's syndrome? Or does it look for a wider variety of chromosomal disorders?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Calstar, second trimester who hoo!!

I couldn't decide about nipt so I decided to wait and do if if ours come back high risk. Our embryo is 31 years old (im 35) so I'm hoping its low risk.

I will say though that I've known a lot of IVF girls who have come back high risk (and its all turned out fine) especially in the blood test for nt and I wonder if all the hormones we take influences the levels somehow.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

Ree888  (29-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm the same as others, will look to do nipt/harmony if our NT results come back high risk.
    Not keen for anything more invasive.
    Not 100% sure how long NT results take to come in...how long did you all wait for yours?
    I had bloods & scan done on same day 21/11

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Calstar For This Useful Post:

Ree888  (29-11-2015)