+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    kiwimum890 is offline It won't happen overnight, but it will happen!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyW View Post
    I got the KonMari book on kindle from Amazon for $10. And apparently she is pregnant/ just had a kid so lots of people are saying her advice may change!!
    Ha ha so I should wait until she publishes her next book then once she has experienced a toddler or two!!

$10 on Amazon sounds better than me being on the waiting list at the library...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kiwimum890 For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (27-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    I've been decluttering for quite a while but the real minimalism thing has been more recent. Now our possessions have decreased considerably I'm applying to everything. Our budget, meal planning etc. I'm definitely saving money because I really think before I purchase anything now. Do I really NEED this? Its make me realize how wasteful I was before.

You need to throw that box of toys NOW haha. Clothing and toys are probably what I've decluttered the most. Our girls actually play better now they have less toys. They were obviously overwhelmed beforehand because they used to just throw it all on the floor but not really play. Now when they do play they sit down and enjoy it. They play outside alot more now too.

I keep minimal toys in their toy room, mainly just big items like their dolls house, play kitchen, dolls and pram and all the smaller items are in containers labelled and in a cupboard up high so they have to ask for them, the girls can get one box or toy at a time to play with.I've packed a few out of sight to rotate too. Works so well!!
    The storage idea looks great!! Might need to invest in some storage tubs...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kiwimum890 For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (27-11-2015)

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    Could u convince her to buy wooden toys? Or books? I hate soft and plastic toys! Great would love to see a pic. I need to do this in my girls drawers 😊
    She loves plastic. my brother thinks it's a generation thing and also she buys stuff she couldn't get us as kids. Like plastic Fischer price toys. She buys lots of clothes too. We have about ten size 5 tops now...ds is in size 2-3. I don't even know if these tops will fit him in the right season!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwimum890 View Post
    That is the truth...fun and game with a toddler...Marie Kondo obviously doesn't have kids?!?!
    Reading the book it was very obvious she was childless!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AdornedWithCats View Post
    Reading the book it was very obvious she was childless!
    We need konmari 2.0 - the first books gone to hell rugrats edition 😂
    Last edited by SoThisIsLove; 27-11-2015 at 20:35.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (27-11-2015),Phony  (28-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AdornedWithCats View Post
    She loves plastic. my brother thinks it's a generation thing and also she buys stuff she couldn't get us as kids. Like plastic Fischer price toys. She buys lots of clothes too. We have about ten size 5 tops now...ds is in size 2-3. I don't even know if these tops will fit him in the right season!
    Oh dear. That would drive me crazy. So sweet of her tho. I would try and talk to her if it was me. Imagine all that money she is spending going into a savings account for your ds instead!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Yeah luckily not too much money as it's all opp shop stuff. She has picked up some really great stuff but she goes in there with the purpose to buy so more often than not comes out with stuff which isn't so great. But I would much prefer she save it up and buy him one good thing. It's a false economy really.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Feeling super inspired after checking out Pinterest, so much donated, given away, sold and binned, still heaps to go but feeling so much lighter and far less stressed, who would have thought I actually enjoy laundry and cleaning now....

Next task is to finish the study and linen cupboard and the spare bedrooms....

Any tips on meal planning as that is my other major organisation issue?!?!

Huge thanks for the inspiration and sharing in this thread I think I have just become an official adult ha ha! 😀

Thanks
    Reviews
    For anyone interested Marie Kondo's book was only $4.74 on kindle. I just finished reading it and it found it very interesting regarding the reasons behind keeping certain items and learning to let go of the guilt of throwing stuff away. I see she has a new book out in January (or maybe only new to kindle?) Which im looking forward to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Sorted my clothes (again) today. I have so many beautiful items that just aren't my style! I've kept them just because they were pretty. 😂