+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Yeah you're right. I just need to make the decision to throw it out rather than wait until later. That's the hardest thing with nan buying ds stuff every week. It's usually useless toys (ie. Soft toys).

I have been trying out the konmari method of folding clothes. It does free up more space in the drawers. Will get a pic later.

kiwimum890 is offline It won't happen overnight, but it will happen!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    There are some great you tube videos on minimalisim @kiwimum890 Lightbycoco , Rachel Aust and Melissa Alexandria are probably my faves 😊
    Awesome thanks I will certainly check them out 👍🏻

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kiwimum890 For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (27-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AdornedWithCats View Post
    Yeah you're right. I just need to make the decision to throw it out rather than wait until later. That's the hardest thing with nan buying ds stuff every week. It's usually useless toys (ie. Soft toys).

I have been trying out the konmari method of folding clothes. It does free up more space in the drawers. Will get a pic later.
    I tried it with a few drawers of my DS dresser this afternoon and saved a ton of space yay....now to keep the youngest little monkey out as one of his favourite things is pulling out the clothes I have just put away 😝

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kiwimum890 For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (27-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been preparing to move interstate and getting rid of loads of stuff. I've taken a few boot loads to the charity shop, sold some and posted some on local community/BSS pages for free and people have collected very quickly. Feels so good getting rid of it - the funny thing is I can't remember what I've donated/got rid of so I obviously didn't need it! One step at a time, good luck!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to rusty22 For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (27-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AdornedWithCats View Post

Could u convince her to buy wooden toys? Or books? I hate soft and plastic toys! Great would love to see a pic. I need to do this in my girls drawers 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwimum890 View Post
    I tried it with a few drawers of my DS dresser this afternoon and saved a ton of space yay....now to keep the youngest little monkey out as one of his favourite things is pulling out the clothes I have just put away 😝
    Lol that's the only thing. Having them all folded so nicely then along comes a toddler and pulls them all out!! 😣

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol that's the only thing. Having them all folded so nicely then along comes a toddler and pulls them all out!! 😣
    That is the truth...fun and game with a toddler...Marie Kondo obviously doesn't have kids?!?!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kiwimum890 For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (27-11-2015),SoThisIsLove  (27-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    all the smaller items are in containers labelled and in a cupboard up high so they have to ask for them, the girls can get one box or toy at a time to play with.I've packed a few out of sight to rotate too. Works so well!!
    This is such an awesome idea. I am totally doing this. My kids just constantly get stuff out, but hardly play with anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty22 View Post
    I have been preparing to move interstate and getting rid of loads of stuff. I've taken a few boot loads to the charity shop, sold some and posted some on local community/BSS pages for free and people have collected very quickly. Feels so good getting rid of it - the funny thing is I can't remember what I've donated/got rid of so I obviously didn't need it! One step at a time, good luck!
    Yeah I'm the same. I find it hard to recall what I've donated or thrown out.

Maybe that will work for you? @AdornedWithCats

Anything u want to get rid of but ur not sure try packing it away for a while and if u forget what's in there or you don't find u need it its time to get rid of it.

I like the thought process of the konmari method. You look and what you want to keep and love or brings u joy, rather than what u want to get rid of. Then whatever doesn't fit into that category you let go of. Puts another spin on it 😊

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (27-11-2015),rusty22  (27-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got the KonMari book on kindle from Amazon for $10. And apparently she is pregnant/ just had a kid so lots of people are saying her advice may change!!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BettyW For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (27-11-2015),SoThisIsLove  (27-11-2015)