+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well I've been chipping away at each room and I'm happy to say I'm close to having our home to how I wanted it. Its a constant thing tho, i think ill always be decluttering! I've really embraced the minimalsim lifestyle and trying to implement it in all areas of life. I'm staying away from the shops too unless we really need something otherwise I'm just cluttering the place up again and wasting money!

How are u all going? Any success!?

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (25-11-2015),BH-KatiesMum  (26-11-2015),Phony  (25-11-2015),sunnyflower  (25-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Vinnies did well out of us last weekend, we did a HUGE clear out of the garage.
    We had been hoarding baby equipment and clothes for the last seven yrs and now we're on our last baby it felt SOOOOO good to get rid of it all.
    DH was shocked at how easily I was able to get rid of everything. We've lugged that stuff up and down the length of NSW with various house moves so he's delighted not to be moving it again.
    I'm not done though, I just want to keep going all through the house

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Phony For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (25-11-2015)

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Yes, i feel the same, especially after reading the Life Changing Magic of Tidying. So dreading Christmas and all the extra stuff we will receive. Urgh.
    Last edited by AdornedWithCats; 25-11-2015 at 20:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AdornedWithCats View Post
    Yes, i feel the same, especially after reading the Life Changing Magic of Tidying. So dreading Christmas and all the extra stuff we will receive. Urgh.
    Can u specifically ask for no gifts? Or instead perhaps some vouchers or passes to go do things as a family? ( zoo, movies etc) Some people might find it rude, I dunno, but I don't see the point of buying people things they don't want or need, seems so wasteful 😊 That book sounds interesting I might check it out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    Can u specifically ask for no gifts? Or instead perhaps some vouchers or passes to go do things as a family? ( zoo, movies etc) Some people might find it rude, I dunno, but I don't see the point of buying people things they don't want or need, seems so wasteful 😊 That book sounds interesting I might check it out!
    I can try...at least with some of my family. It is wasteful but people like my mum, for example, just don't get the message. She buys ds stuff every week 😯.

Definitely check the book out. We're slowly trying to implement the method here whenever we get a chance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I'm great at getting rid of my own stuff, partner is not so great. I also haven't gotten rid of ANY baby stuff yet. Probably won't til we are done having kids.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (26-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    I'm great at getting rid of my own stuff, partner is not so great. I also haven't gotten rid of ANY baby stuff yet. Probably won't til we are done having kids.
    I managed to get my dh on board I think. But we have had a chance to do a lot of the decluttering yet so that might change! Haha

Yeah I can't get rid of baby stuff either. We've almost filled a whole cupboard...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (26-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AdornedWithCats View Post
    I can try...at least with some of my family. It is wasteful but people like my mum, for example, just don't get the message. She buys ds stuff every week ������.

Definitely check the book out. We're slowly trying to implement the method here whenever we get a chance.
    Aw sounds like a doting grandma who just wants to spoil her grandson, unfortunately thats not so great for de cluttering!!

Ive placed a hold on that book at my local library thanks. I love books on organisation, minimalism etc. I would love to do it as a job

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (26-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    Yeah u dont want to get rid of stuff like that only to have to buy it again. One thing i learnt from our first to second child is that dont need the majority of the stuff thats marketed to mums for their babies. Its crazy!!

Luckily, even tho my dh is messy he doesnt get attached to stuff (unless its video game related lol so he lets go of things quite willingly mwhahaha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    Well I've been chipping away at each room and I'm happy to say I'm close to having our home to how I wanted it. Its a constant thing tho, i think ill always be decluttering! I've really embraced the minimalsim lifestyle and trying to implement it in all areas of life. I'm staying away from the shops too unless we really need something otherwise I'm just cluttering the place up again and wasting money!

How are u all going? Any success!?

We've just had another big wardrobe clean out and got rid of so much stuff, I love decluttering now, it feels like a weight off my shoulders when I do it

The only room that needs another thorough clean out is the office which atm is driving me crazy with crap. I've been waiting for DH to finish work for the year so we can go through it all. It's his office so I can't go through it without him but that's high on my list! Bring on school holidays!