+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'd love to have a big declutter of stuff but most of the stuff taking up storage room is baby items and we haven't finished our family yet.

When we moved interstate I was brutal, the biggest motivator was the fact that the more i culled the cheaper the removalist

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to munchkin275 For This Useful Post:

ScubaGal  (08-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wouldn't call myself a minimalist but I am a ruthless culler. Quite alot was donated/thrown away when we moved recently. You definitely have to be ruthless. Hardest for me was donating a few stuffed toys... I have a strange sentimental attachment to them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just had a massive cull in the kitchen of any frypans etc that weren't great quality, and pretty much all plastic (cups, salad spinner etc) and it felt so great to see everything in its proper spot in the cupboard. But I struggle to throw out appliances, office stuff (books that still have useable note pages in them etc) and things that belonged to my grandmother. Every now and then I go a bit crazy and throw out heaps of stuff but our house never seems to aquire the minimalist look I'd like. My problem seems to be that we don't have adequate storage in basic terms of bookshelves, dvd racks, drawers for clothes etc. I would love $2000 to just spend on storage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh my word, I hear you OP!

We have soooo much crud that we don't need. We have a single garage full of 'stuff' that is half unpacked from the last move.

My DH is one of those 'don't throw it out, it might come in handy one day' types of people, which doesn't help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I dream often of being a minimalist. I'm so jealous of my husbands simple wardrobe. Just a few shirts, pairs of pants and jeans, some shorts and t-shirts. Getting dressed is so simple for him. Plus he's been the same size since he was a teenager.

My side of the wardrobe is exploding by comparison. Some of it I just don't know what to do with. Why do I have fifteen pairs of black winter stockings??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yup I hear you! I'm ordering a skip bin for a couple of weeks, and culling in spare room so we can start doing it up for DS's big boy room.

But then what do i do with my sewing machine and the computer I go through the kitchen cupboards every 6 months or so and they still end up cluttered and horrible!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Yes. I have done 2 ute and trailer loads in the past 2 weeks. I haven't even touched the 'room' it's a bedroom stuffed floor to ceiling with boxes from our move 10 years ago. We haven't had the room for it. I can't wait to go through it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaGal View Post
    I dream often of being a minimalist. I'm so jealous of my husbands simple wardrobe. Just a few shirts, pairs of pants and jeans, some shorts and t-shirts. Getting dressed is so simple for him. Plus he's been the same size since he was a teenager.

My side of the wardrobe is exploding by comparison. Some of it I just don't know what to do with. Why do I have fifteen pairs of black winter stockings??
    My capsule wardrobe was my first step and its so true you wear 20% of your wardrobe 80% of the time so that's pretty much the 20% I kept. The piles of washing was testament to the over abundance of clothing that not only I had but also my hubby and our 2 girls. I've purged heaps of clothing but my capsule wardrobe has slowly had a few items creep back in 😑

Thing is I love love love decluttering. Nothing gives me more satisfaction than finding stuff I can donate or sell or bin. Nothing lol! Problem is with two small children and a hubby its like more stuff just keeps appearing or breeding or something. I find myself feeling like I'm drowning in mess and stuff and we really don't have a lot compared to most people.

Not sure where I'm going wrong....other than needing to be more ruthless. I have another half a boot full to ship off to savers this week 😆

How do u all go with toys? I've tried to only keep what they play with....anything with small pieces gets put in a tub labelled and stored away yet there's still crap everywhere. Dd1 loves drawing so little bits of paper pop up everywhere 😵 lately she just loves bringing all sorts of junk home from kindy....not even artwork just random crap and other kids unwanted stuff. Um just no. Lol.
    Last edited by SoThisIsLove; 08-09-2015 at 12:01.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Feeling overwhelmed with "stuff"

Last edited by xyz987; 10-02-2016 at 20:46.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xyz987 For This Useful Post:

InWatermelonSugar  (08-09-2015),SoThisIsLove  (25-11-2015),Whirligig  (01-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Feeling overwhelmed with "stuff"

Last edited by xyz987; 10-02-2016 at 20:46.