+ Reply to Thread
    BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week

Default Funniest thing about your Dad

So - to celebrate fathers day ....

tell a funny story about your Dad (or your childrens Dad)

Mine is a story about how Dad reported his car stolen.
    We went to the Perth Royal Show - and parking is always a nightmare. There are lots of cross streets and back streets ... and cars parked everywhere.

Dad went to the show early as he likes to go around to the sheep and cattle and stuff (ex-farmer) .. and Mum and the rest of us caught the train later on.

Time to go home after the fireworks, its dark and all the streets looks different with only half the cars still there and under streetlights.

We wander around for a while, and Dad finds where he says he parked the car, and it isnt there. He is determined that it has been stolen as he is SURE he parked right there.

We eventually get someone else to come pick us up, report the car stolen to the police etc.

In the morning contact the insurance company etc ... Dad is soooo annoyed.

My sister decides to have a drive around Claremont to have a look - and wonder of all wonders ... finds the car !!!

Never have we let Dad forget

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The funniest thing my dad has ever said was a bit mean to my poor brother but it still cracks me up years later.
    My younger brother (probably about 15yo at the time) came home from school one day & told us that he'd learned in health class that day that when ladies give birth sometimes they push a poo out at the same time.
    My dad said "yeah, that happened when you were born - and we took the wrong one home!"

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TaylorMade For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (07-09-2015),CakeyMumma  (07-09-2015),JR03  (08-09-2015),Mod-Degrassi  (07-09-2015),Zombie_eyes  (07-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    One night my dad, in a drunken state, fell into a muddy puddle and proceeded to get into his car and drive home (I know, stupid). Anyway, he walked in and clumsily grabbed onto the walls to help his balance and went to bed. The next morning my mum woke up, looked next to her and realised he was COVERED in mud, along with his side of the bed. Then she got up and saw that there was a muddy trail, on the walls and the floor, leading from the front door to the bedroom. Keep in mind their room is metres and metres away at the back of the house.

My FIL was working in the front yard one day and felt droplets of what he thought was rain. He looked up and there was one of their cats, on the roof, urinating on his head.

FIL is very, very cheap and decided he would concrete his entire backyard himself...including that hole that needs to be left free for plumbing reasons. Of course, one day they needed to fix the plumbing, called a professional out, and the guy told him the concrete needed to be busted up to fix what was wrong. The guy said he could organise it and quoted $100. FIL said no, that he would arrange something himself. When the plumber left, he grabbed a sledge hammer and spent the next hour or so busting the concrete. Meanwhile, all his kids could hear is loud banging and him swearing. He tried walking back inside when he was done, but MIL wouldn't let him because he was literally covered head to toe in concrete dust. He looked like a ghost. So he had to wash himself outside.

I have so many stories of FIL and his antics/accidents.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to hopeful1986 For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (07-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I was a teen my brothers and I were out the back shouting at each other. Dad opened the back door, sweet as pie called out "Children, dear children, shut the f$&@ up!"

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to believa For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (07-09-2015),CakeyMumma  (07-09-2015),Zombie_eyes  (07-09-2015)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Sooo many things. So so many things. Funniest guy ever.

Dad decided to burn a bunch of dvds he had bought, as a back up and kept them all in a cd wallet.

I asked him if i could borrow the cd wallet, as dd was a velcro baby and i had lots of time on the couch.

So one day i start flicking through and im like "ive never heard of 80% of these movies!!!" And im quite a movie buff, so.. I thought it was odd.

Then i try one labelled "Ronstine" in the dvd player... And its that movie "constantine" 😂 then i try another movie "events" and it was lemony snickets...

Hahahah he'd just either not read the actual names properly, or just made them up. "My robot" instead of "i robot" etc.

I still laugh so damn hard.

Every christmas day, he wears a santa clause hat and as family arrive and comment on his festive spirit, he grabs the pom pom on the end, holds it straight up and says "i'm excited!!!!" Like big kev.

EVERY time. EVERY christmas. It cracks me up how joyus he is about it, even after 20 times...

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (07-09-2015),CakeyMumma  (07-09-2015),DesperatelySeekingSleep  (07-09-2015),misskittyfantastico  (07-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorMade View Post
    The funniest thing my dad has ever said was a bit mean to my poor brother but it still cracks me up years later.
    My younger brother (probably about 15yo at the time) came home from school one day & told us that he'd learned in health class that day that when ladies give birth sometimes they push a poo out at the same time.
    My dad said "yeah, that happened when you were born - and we took the wrong one home!"
    I have been laughing about this on and off all arvo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CakeyMumma View Post
    I have been laughing about this on and off all arvo.
    I've been laughing about it on and off for the last 11 years or so 😂