+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I must be odd as I don't find anything he did creepy... but I chat to strangers all the time (those that chat back). I also wouldn't reveal anything identifying though.

Seems he was just flirting to me, but I wasn't there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I wouldn't like that at all OP. It would be enough for me to change my route or walk at a different time of the day.

I wouldn't walk anywhere where I felt vulnerable or unsafe, and that guy would have made me feel incredibly uneasy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think walking alone is okay, but I would change my routine and either go at a different time, or walk somewhere else for a while to avoid running into that man again.

He may have just been flirting innocently, but if he creeped you out then I'd listen to that instinct and avoid him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can you change the time you walk? Maybe mix up times so that he doesn't know you're routine

Thanks
    Reviews

Default WDYT- walking alone

Can you put in a pair of headphones for at least the next few walks - it doesn't have to be actually playing anything but helps give the impression you don't want to be disturbed?

Another trick is pretending to speak on the phone if you see him approaching and just wave at him instead- I'm great at having pretend conversations to avoid real ones.

Or if he starts chatting pretend your phone is ringing- oh it's my partner- to give a polite hint?

I'm sure he's just overly friendly but i can completely relate to wanting to avoid the situation again...... I probably would just avoid that same route for a little while but I understand we shouldn't HAVE to...

There's nothing wrong with walking alone especially at those times, it's a real shame that we have to question ourselves, sometimes I don't even carry a phone as I feel it's one less thing to rob off me (paranoid lol)

Enjoy your walk and hope it sorts itself out and you feel comfortable again xxx
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 07-09-2015 at 14:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ye, I wouldn't go walking there again, or id go at a time of day when there are more people around.

Sorry, it sux that we can't do these things, but that encounter would make me feel quite unsafe.

I live about a 10min jog from the beach, but I'd have to run thru a small amount of bushland and a 20metre underpass. I'm too scared to do it alone. 😟

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you ran into him again. You could have some small talk. Then if you got freaked out, you could start running, and say, oh I better catch up to my husband he will be getting worried where I am. Just pretend someone is not far away. Or simply make a phone call, and say oh I just remember something. I have to call xxx, sorry I better do it before I forget again, and make a phone call, so he can then go ahead.