+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Oh I missed the pressed metal bit.... Maybe not so good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Oh I missed the pressed metal bit.... Maybe not so good.
    I think Ebony said she is now only going to 2 small pieces above the bed instead of the whole wall.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had to look up what pressed tin was and now that I know what they are on about, I think it could look ok if it was done well. A dark plum might be ok with some classy styling.

The 40K bathroom was beautiful but I'm not sure it was a good decision to spend that much because they are no doubt going to run out of money for other rooms. so they have a fantastic bathroom and a not-so-great other room

I'm a bit surprised Ebony seemed to get a few basic design decisions wrong in the bathroom. I didn't like the mis-matched taps and black bath with the navy blue tiles.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    Can't believe ebony is a interior designer 😏
    I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the term interior designer is being used fairly loosely. Last I heard, she worked in a tile store helping people select their tiles, laminates and sometimes fixtures for their new project build homes

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MayGal959 For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (15-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MayGal959 View Post
    I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the term interior designer is being used fairly loosely. Last I heard, she worked in a tile store helping people select their tiles, laminates and sometimes fixtures for their new project build homes
    Haha!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ok I'm going to be defensive but let's give her a break she's done 1 room so far & yes the taps didn't match but they explained that, they have budget restraints (spending over $40k on one room is just crazy) & a lot of timing issues to work with... So let's give her the benefit of the doubt... She is an interior designer & a good one aswell, she is putting her career, name & reputation on the line being on the show so is under extreme pressure to impress.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (15-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    Ok I'm going to be defensive but let's give her a break she's done 1 room so far & yes the taps didn't match but they explained that, they have budget restraints (spending over $40k on one room is just crazy) & a lot of timing issues to work with... So let's give her the benefit of the doubt... She is an interior designer & a good one aswell, she is putting her career, name & reputation on the line being on the show so is under extreme pressure to impress.
    Technically they have been on the block before

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by maternidade View Post
    Technically they have been on the block before
    Actually I would say that technically they haven't, since they didn't make it onto the actual block. However- yes, they do have more block experience than the others.

I actually think their bedroom design could turn out a-ok. And, more than anything I think good on them for offering up something other than the same old stuff we have seen on the block for the last 3 or more seasons. Been there, done that. I want to see something new and different.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

AmyEL  (15-09-2015),SheWarrior  (15-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    Oh I wasn't saying she wasn't any good, by any means. I quite like them as a team and I'm also intrigued to see what they do that is different because as mentioned, the block rooms can start to look a little "cookie cutter" design-wise after so many seasons in the same area with the same sponsors and same judges!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The 2 girls are driving me crazy! It's like they expected everyone would drop everything and do things for them because they are women. Have a go already!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to danileighw For This Useful Post:

Redcorset  (16-09-2015)