+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That young clueless couple have obviously been picked for that reason. Seems like they are picking couples now to "play a part" - ie the bimbo girls, the clueless but lovable young couple, whatever, whatever. For me it makes the show more annoying. With the editing and the producers prompting the couples what to say its more like acting than a reality reno show. I'm still watching though
    The young clueless couple obviously have a lot to learn. And I wish he'd stop touching and kissing her.
    Same ol judges again with their same opinions. Would have been much more interesting to see some new judges. After all the judging is only their opinion and we've seen so much of that over the years I would have preferred to see some of the previous contestants like the twins or Josh and Jenna to come back as judges. And the real estate guy. The couples will always do what they think is better for auction day but the judges bang on about the styling more than functionality, etc.
    I hope the siblings do well this year (names escape me?)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I haven't immediately warmed to anyone. I hate this "play a part" rubbish.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    I must admit I'm enjoying the 'diversity'. Rather than just the young blonde female and the buff man (think Kyal and Kara or Steve and Charlotte).

Though they need to go a bit further in their cultural diversity. There seems to be too many Caucasian almost bogan couples involved over the years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've accidentally seen a bit of the show so I know who everyone is.
    I agree on the judges.
    Christ they bore me.
    Who'd want to impress them?

I'll watch it when I cbf to switch the channel over.

Just read up on the building too. YIKES!
    I wonder if they're getting any spooky vibes?
    I'm sure they were all told about it but I doubt they'll show anything on camera if they are.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    I wish I didn't look it up. Feeling a tad but uncomfortable watching now. I wouldn't buy there, that's for sure!

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    I wish I didn't look it up. Feeling a tad but uncomfortable watching now. I wouldn't buy there, that's for sure!
    I suppose, being Victorian I have heard this story as it has been in the news for years (most recently when the three men were trialled for the gigolo's murder) and as such, it doesn't really shock me.
    What I find interesting though, is that in an article I was reading in the Herald Sun when ch 9 first purchased the building, experts were saying that due to location, traffic noise etc they didn't feel it was suitable for luxury apartments and that it was better suited as a hotel or office rooms and they were speculating whether the block would change format.
    Obviously, the producers have faith that the buyers will still be interested despite the heavy traffic and noise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm shocked by the location. It's backs up on a BP station. Would be horrible to live on the first couple levels.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Soooo room reveals. Opinions!?

I think they were harsh on Luke and Ebony but the winners were well deserved.

I can't believe the judges liked that hideous graffiti bath. It was ugly and not at all 'south Yarra'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Soooo room reveals. Opinions!?

I think they were harsh on Luke and Ebony but the winners were well deserved.

I can't believe the judges liked that hideous graffiti bath. It was ugly and not at all 'south Yarra'
    I liked the graffiti bath, but it would get a bit much after a while I think. I like that the wrap they used could be removed if need be. I really liked all the bathrooms, except the 2 girls- that was hideous.

Dh and I have been at loggerheads about having black tiles, he is all for them and i am totally against dark colours but seeing some of the rooms tonight I have changed my tune- especially the winning bathroom, that was stunning.