+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Saggy loose tummy after baby?

Hi again all... FTM (20).. Does everyone get saggy loose skin on the tummy after giving birth... I've never been over weight so baby belly will really stretch my skin.. Im slim but not so fit and am trying to exercise more.. Is there anything I can do to avoid it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's always looser after birth but a year on my tummy is pretty much back to normal.

I wore spanx after birth, and walked. Before birth I did physio/stretching classes and swimming to keep myself as fit as I could. I think these things helped me personally. Keeping up with exercise before and after birth I think is really the only thing you can do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Stay fat that way you won't have saggy skin. Just a round tummy. Hahahah.

My stomach whilst there is no loose skin is definitely not flat post babies. It has this lovely curve to it that acts like a pillow for sleepy kids. I've never tried to whittle it down.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Ashram  (06-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was very lucky and didn't get saggy skin. I think it largely depends on your skin type and genetics. The skin below my navel was looser but firmed up eventually and apart from my c scar my abdomen pretty much looked the same as pre Preg less than a year after birth (can't remember exactly how long).
    I was religious with rubbing oils and moisturisers throughout pregnancy and for a few months after birth, but once again I am sure skin type has a lot to do with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine was saggy for about 2 weeks then went back to normal. I wore SRC recovery shorts for 6 weeks after having DD and did lots of walking (as much as I could after a c - section) I think this may of helped but like others have said some of it is just down to your body type and genetics. It probably also helps if you don't put on too much weight while pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine went back to normal a few months after my first baby. After my second (13 months ago) I have been left with some crinkly skin in the lower part of my belly. Nothing too noticeable. I didn't gain a lot of excess weight during pregnancy and I think I'm lucky to have good skin in general. I didn't get any stretch marks during pregnancy besides a couple of tiny ones during my second that are no longer visible.

I think it has a lot to do with skin type, body type, as well as not putting on too much "unnecessary" or excess weight.

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Mine went mostly back to normal after a couple of months. Except for around my belly button which is very stretched/crinkly. It isn't actually lose skin but it won't be the same again and neither will my belly button. I kind of miss my old tight belly button.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I put on 17kg for both my pregnancies and i was 'all bump' (both bubs 4.2kg each). Didn't exercise at all during pregnancy but did a lot before and after. Didn't get a single stretch mark and belly went back to normal (flat) after a year. I'm only 10 weeks post second birth so there is still loose skin but I'm sure it will tighten up. I'd say genetics plays the biggest part in how your skin copes with pregnancy. Keep hydrated and moisturise belly throughout your pregnancy to minimise the effects of stretching.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was quite slim and put on 15 kg in my pregnancy. 4 weeks after giving birth my stomach was back to normal, no stretch marks or saggy skin. My stomach is a bit bigger, but I'm a bit bigger all over as I'm still carrying 5 kg more than pre-pregnancy.

My arms are huge though!!!

I guess everyone is just different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have always been petite. First baby I have no idea how much I put on (never weighed myself and my ob was not worried) but it was all baby. I am the same maybe a little less than prebaby weight wise but my body shape has changed. Re: loose skin @ I have a little I guess but honestly I never tried to do anything about it. Partly I believe it is genetics but I think if you exercise then you will be surprised and how your body bounces back.