+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Apples1234 - that's good that they are being co-operative. If that co- operation changes, then I would recommend you see a solicitor as that way you can be fully informed as to your position and rights.

BTW - all lawyers and doctors are not slippery. I come from a family of both and most are ethical and are there to do their best to help people.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default embryo lost by embryologist

Thanks @Green lady. Yes we have a few lawyer friends. They're lovely and they do good work
    Last edited by Apples1234; 17-12-2015 at 13:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Apples1234 View Post
    BTW - all lawyers and doctors are not slippery. I come from a family of both and most are ethical and are there to do their best to help people.
    I am a lawyer, and I know many lawyers. My husband is a doctor, as is his brother and father. My sister and brother-in-law are doctors. The problem is not individuals, who almost universally have good intent, it is systems, and, in this case, medical defence insurers or law firms.

Doctors are very unlikely to ever admit to anything because they act on advice from their defence provider (I worked for one for more than 5 years). Law firms, as opposed to individual lawyers (and it is hard and expensive to get an individual lawyer to run civil litigation for you unless you can pay them up front, whereas large law firms will often offer to work on contingencies only, substantially decreasing the cost and making the deal seem more attractive) run numbers game for profit on all litigation, which means they often under-resource your case and hope the person/entity being sued agrees to settle, which they may, but even if they do, they almost universally settle without ever admitting a thing.

This is why I advised to stay calm, and discuss it direct with the clinic before getting a lawyer. That will aggravate the situation, possibly unnecessarily.

If @Apples1234 can resolve this positively, you should mention the clinic so the rest of us know they are good. If not, good luck.

Buffy

4. The Following User Says Thank You to buffalo speedway For This Useful Post:

Apples1234  (17-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are calm. We shall discuss 😉