+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    A free stim doesn't guarantee a perfect blasto or a baby. I would be furious!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Green lady View Post
    I don't think that's enough. Where is the compensation for the stress and heartache part? They should pay for your current cycle and your next cycle
    Yep. Tell them to do better. Threaten to lawyer up. Better still mention you are part of a big online mummy forum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would be careful what you write on here @apples including PM's as you never know who is who on here, just be careful not to write anything that could be used against you if it progresses IYKWIM. I know from previous threads that some clinics monitor Bub hub as admin on here have had to remove posts or ask posters to do it at the advice of the actual clinics in the past. Write down what you realistically would want from them then go to see a lawyer. If you google medical malpractice/ negligence Australia heaps of info comes up. Alternatively is there a medical board in Aus that you could speak to as well like an ACCA type of thing ? I know that one or two ladies on here are lawyers they may know if there is. Also be careful at this early stage of making threats to them and try to stay calm. Mate I would be ****ed off too how does that even happens it causes major concerns on many levels and 1 free stim is not much to offer not after what we already put ourselves through. I would suggest seeing your councillor too if you have one to assist you with the emotional impact and get a report of them to take to your lawyer. Also have a quick re read of your consents you signed with your clinic before the stim to see what the fine print says. One lawyer who used to be on here I think her name was @Sonja she may be able to point you in a good direction if she is still about.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maxwellsmum For This Useful Post:

Apples1234  (17-12-2015),Corbes  (17-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think there was another bub hubber that this happened too? I can't remember how her situation turned out. If I could remember her name i'd tag her her for you. Maybe someone else does?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to My Beloved Ones For This Useful Post:

Apples1234  (17-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just wanted to say that I'm so sorry this happened to you. It was a really crappy thing for them to go and lose it but it's also good to know that they owned up to it rather than saying it arrested and didn't survive kind of thing. I guess knowing they had the integrity to tell you the truth is the only positive from what's occurred.

I would now be seeking the advice of a lawyer. Yes you could ask them to continue stimming you until you get another beautiful blast but what if that takes a lot of time? It's also about what you then have to go through both physically and emotionally whilst you continue to get that kind of quality again. I would be expecting this current cycle to be refunded plus however many it takes to get there free plus damages for everything you now need to go through again. The free cycles only replaces what you already had... It doesn't compensate you for the grief and extra turmoil that comes with the new cycles.

Oh and the other hubber that it happened to got the current and next cycle for free - not enough if you ask me!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TortoiseNotTheHare For This Useful Post:

Apples1234  (17-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Devastating. Huge hugs Hun. They should pay for your cycles until you can produce a blast of the same quality again.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

Apples1234  (17-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is terrible, but as I wrote above, to get the best outcome for yourself is to try to stay calm. If you can't, find someone you trust who can.

Before you lawyer up, the first thing to do is approach the complaints manager, general manager or medical director, whoever it is who handles complaints at the clinic. Tell them clearly and calmly what you expect. All clinics have insurance and policies about what to do when this happens.

It's reasonable to expect a refund for this cycle and a free cycle. I'd also be asking for a written explanation and an apology, but don't expect the latter to be too heartfelt; all clinics are much more worried about being sued than they are about your welfare or outcomes, no matter how 'personalised' they say they are. This is just business to them. It is not reasonable to expect them to treat you until you get pregnant; you have no idea (neither do they!) if you would have been successful had that embryo been transferred.

If you don't get a satisfactory response, complain to the health complaints authority in your State/Territory. AHPRA is the professional complaints body for registered health practitioners, but they won't do anything because your doctor will rightly say they didn't actually do this, and the embryologist who lost your embryo is not a registered health professional. Be aware that many of the health complaints authorities can't enforce their findings, so even if they agree you should be compensated they cannot make the clinic give that compensation to you.

If that fails, then lawyer up. Be aware that lawyers are More slippery than doctors, even when they say they are on your side.

And please do let us know the outcome.

Buffy

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to buffalo speedway For This Useful Post:

Apples1234  (17-12-2015),gingermillie  (17-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxwellsmum View Post
    I would be careful what you write on here @apples including PM's as you never know who is who on here, just be careful not to write anything that could be used against you if it progresses IYKWIM. I know from previous threads that some clinics monitor Bub hub as admin on here have had to remove posts or ask posters to do it at the advice of the actual clinics in the past. Write down what you realistically would want from them then go to see a lawyer. If you google medical malpractice/ negligence Australia heaps of info comes up. Alternatively is there a medical board in Aus that you could speak to as well like an ACCA type of thing ? I know that one or two ladies on here are lawyers they may know if there is. Also be careful at this early stage of making threats to them and try to stay calm. Mate I would be ****ed off too how does that even happens it causes major concerns on many levels and 1 free stim is not much to offer not after what we already put ourselves through. I would suggest seeing your councillor too if you have one to assist you with the emotional impact and get a report of them to take to your lawyer. Also have a quick re read of your consents you signed with your clinic before the stim to see what the fine print says. One lawyer who used to be on here I think her name was @Sonja she may be able to point you in a good direction if she is still about.
    Thanks for this. Yes I've not named the clinic or anything. Just wanted to share for support and also to get some direction. I'll look into these options. Big thanks

Thanks
    Reviews

Default embryo lost by embryologist

Thanks for all your responses and encouragement. It's a hard thing to process and get your head around. The clinic have been really good and sympathetic with us and also open and transparent so that's good. I'm just hoping for a smooth resolution and I hope not to have to fight for what is a fair result. Just been through all that with my employer who was very dodgy and illegal. I eventually had to go through fair work before they would listen to me. I'm tired from that for having to stand up for my basic rights but I also know I can do it. I get the feeling our clinic want to work with us to fix this so that's good!
    Last edited by Apples1234; 17-12-2015 at 11:59.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default embryo lost by embryologist

Last edited by Apples1234; 17-12-2015 at 11:58.