+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Issy - this is not acceptable that this happened. I'm a lawyer. Get some legal advice. This has got the strong sniff of negligence ( pending further investigation).

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

BerryDelicious  (08-09-2015),issy miyaki  (07-09-2015),MonkeyMumma  (07-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Green lady View Post
    Issy - this is not acceptable that this happened. I'm a lawyer. Get some legal advice. This has got the strong sniff of negligence ( pending further investigation).
    I would leverage without lawyers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This would be horrible. Sending positive thoughts.

Unfortunately, this is much more common than you might suspect. All ART clinics have insurance and internal policies around how to respond to loss of material through human error.

In the first instance engage the clinic's complaint process (it is a requirement of their RTAC accreditation that they need to have one, but a lot of clinics do it badly), but decide what you think is a reasonable response from the clinic first - a full refund for one cycle is reasonable, expecting them to treat you for free until you get pregnant is probably not. Be forceful and calm in your dealings with them but make it clear how upset you are. If you don't get a satisfactory outcome, keep complaining and make more fuss. Make sure you speak to the clinic's medical director, general manager and relevant patient contact staff. Consider a formal complaint to the health complaints body in your state or territory, but be aware that a lot of them are powerless to enforce decisions on the clinic. Then if that fails, lawyer up.

Good luck, and let us know how you fare.

Buffy

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to buffalo speedway For This Useful Post:

issy miyaki  (10-09-2015),JustJaq  (09-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Issy how did you go with your transfer ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for not updating sooner. No luck unfortunately. That cycle and the next will be no charge. Thanks to all for your support.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to issy miyaki For This Useful Post:

bezzy  (24-09-2015),Blossom74  (25-09-2015),Hopeful1975  (26-09-2015),LaDiDah  (16-12-2015),ScubaGal  (24-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Really sorry to hear your news Issy. It's just devastating that things like this can happen with something so important. We had our eggs broken during the fertilization process last year because the person in the lab used the wrong sized instrument. It was heartbreaking and I can only imagine how you must be feeling. Keep trying and I really hope everything works out for you

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jacpot For This Useful Post:

issy miyaki  (25-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wishing you the best of luck with your next cycle. Now they know how you respond hopefully you might get some more embryos.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

issy miyaki  (25-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jacpot, so sorry that happened to you. Can i ask what resulted from that as far as compensation?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes of course. The clinic refunded that cycle and also agreed to pay for every cycle until I got two eggs which fertilised. I'm in my 40's too and had very bad egg quality and low amh so we would get one egg from a cycle but it would already be fractured when they took it out or it would be too immature to fertilise. Anyway it took three more cycles to get two eggs which fertilised and they covered it all including additional medication that my Dr put me on. It doesn't make up for what happened but it gives you a bit of relief from the financial burden of it all.
    Not sure if it's your thing but we also went and saw a counsellor (one that was separate from the clinic) I found it helped to resolve some of the anger and grief we were feeling.
    I wish you all the best. Hang in there and don't lose hope....miracles do happen!