+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Condensed version- in laws will be having Xmas at SILs house. She's requiring a bit of extra support at this time so apparently we miss out. They also think they are doing us a favour.

Not sure if email was sent before or after these plans were made to avoid our feelings from getting hurt. DH told them to stuff their big lunch plans at beginning of December.

We live 20 minutes away but apparently it's all just too hard to catch up with us over the Christmas period as their hands are full.

Guess we will start our own traditions without them. It's just a shame the kids miss out, and DH feels completely rejected. Lucky for us my parents are very involved and can't wait to see the kids at Christmas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    Condensed version- in laws will be having Xmas at SILs house. She's requiring a bit of extra support at this time so apparently we miss out. They also think they are doing us a favour.

Not sure if email was sent before or after these plans were made to avoid our feelings from getting hurt. DH told them to stuff their big lunch plans at beginning of December.

We live 20 minutes away but apparently it's all just too hard to catch up with us over the Christmas period as their hands are full.

Guess we will start our own traditions without them. It's just a shame the kids miss out, and DH feels completely rejected. Lucky for us my parents are very involved and can't wait to see the kids at Christmas.
    Big big hugs! If DHs sister was having Christmas at her house and invited my in laws and not DH and I and the in laws didn't make any further plans to see us either on the day, Christmas Eve or Boxing Day I would be so upset as well.

Lucky your parents are going to be there, your in laws are the ones missing out, not your family.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (11-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default WDYT? Inlaws cancelling Christmas :(

Just wanted to add SIL and her family recently moved from a tiny apartment to a house. Just coincidental that she needed the extra support this year now she can finally accommodate her parents...

Eta: it would of been big enough for all of us but hey
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 11-09-2015 at 08:33.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Well that's just mean! If you host Christmas then you invite the whole family.
    I really feel for you and your DH, lovely and hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your side of the family xxx

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (11-09-2015),MissMuppet  (11-09-2015),SuperGranny  (11-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ouch 😞.

I would be really hurt by that. I hope you have a lovely Christmas with your side of the family x

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NoteToSelf For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's horrible! Family should be together at christmas. Honestly I'd organise something massive with your family and make sure all the happy pictures were splashed all over facebook. It's very offensive and I feel so sorry for you that you are dealing with it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Acadaca For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm of the belief that being related doesn't make you family, but your actions. My "family" consists more of friends than avtual blood relatives. I got sick of bending over backwards for family who couldn't make any effort in return.
    Having said that i have a really craply family situation. No idea what it's like to have a "normal" family where people actually get along 😕

12. The Following User Says Thank You to meandmyboys82 For This Useful Post:

Cicho  (11-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Regardless of inlaws SIL has made no contact to include her brother? Mind blowing sometimes... Big hugs family stuff is never easy x

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Tanej78 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Without knowing your in laws I can only answer based on how I read the email. To me it doesn't come across that they don't want to see you, I read it that they're thinking of you and your kids and what they think you might like to do. They could have suggested lunch/dinner on Boxing Day or something, weeks ahead seems a little strange. If you still want to do the Xmas eve celebrations I'd just reply that you love the past tradition and would like to continue doing it

16. The Following User Says Thank You to SummerFun For This Useful Post:

Gracie's Mum  (11-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hugs OP. I didn't think the email was that bad either, but reading to the end of the thread and your latest update, that's really hurtful. Why not just tell you the truth??!!

Even if your DH and his sister don't get on, to go out of her way to exclude you is awful. My SIL and I aren't close, but I don't think either of us would plan Christmas without inviting each other!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post: