Closed Thread
Page 81 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies. My doctor has said he might do a womb scratch for this cycle as studies have found it increases IVF chances. Here is an article. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...-IVF-baby.html

Is anyone else doing this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote from above article: A study found that gently scratching the lining of the womb before IVF greatly increased the odds of pregnancy, cutting the financial and emotional cost of repeated treatment.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF/ FET Oct Nov 2015

Thanks for sharing your stories @Apples1234 @MrsSMS & welcome @Waiting to exhale

It's heart breaking thinking all the pain, stress and sadness we all have to go through to achieve something that should be so easy and joyful! I often say to my husband how unfair our whole journey is. I just hope that we all get our little babies at the end and that we can hang in there until that time comes.
    @kat1011 - I love that you are deliberating over whether to buy a summer dress or not! Haha I say go for it, I bet you will look amazing in it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to pillowhead For This Useful Post:

MrsSMS  (01-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Waiting to exhale
    I started accupuncture this month for my 1st fet. Obviously dont know if its working fertility wise but i reckon its helped me with my anxiety.
    Last edited by Evelynmoo; 01-11-2015 at 06:48.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Evelynmoo For This Useful Post:

Waiting to exhale  (01-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Billie2 View Post
    Katt, you said the pain nearly killed you.. Are referring to egg retrieval? Im about to start my first cycle and don't know what to expect. Is it painful? Im no sook but just a bit concerned of the unknown.
    @Billie2 my egg retrievals have been painful but I had 29 collected round one and 14 round two. Round one I ended up in hosp with OHSS and FS told me after I woke I would be in pain because of they were a bit rough with me trying to collect them all. Round two not so bad, but more tender for days afterward.... I think for me because I have a right ovary that hides a bit and no tube...

Don't be too worried, it's so different for everyone xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Apples1234 View Post
    Quote from above article: A study found that gently scratching the lining of the womb before IVF greatly increased the odds of pregnancy, cutting the financial and emotional cost of repeated treatment.
    @Apples1234

I've had 2 scratches, July and week 3 of last cycle to prep for this one... My FS does them in her rooms, it's not the nicest thing but over quickly

When u have a scratch it's also an opportunity for them to collect tissue to test NKC

Thanks
    Reviews
    @pillowhead thanks i knew someonr lle would enjoy my deliberating plus i bet it made you laugh which we all need. I am still deliberating i may go n try it on today lol. Its a tough choice.

I am also at a low cost clinic but turns out to be not so low cost our first clinic was and that worked first time. As the new clinic says im with it's a numbers game it either works or it doesn't all they can do is help prepare your body and put the embryo in then its just upto fate on weather it takes or not. They were shocked that my day 2 which was the normal then, worked first go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanej78 View Post
    @Apples1234

I've had 2 scratches, July and week 3 of last cycle to prep for this one... My FS does them in her rooms, it's not the nicest thing but over quickly

When u have a scratch it's also an opportunity for them to collect tissue to test NKC
    What is NKC? Do you think they would do this before an EPU?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @katt1011 which clinic were you with that was even cheaper???

Sorry a lot of you have had rough journeys getting to this point. I hope we all beat the odds soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by allykat111 View Post
    What is NKC? Do you think they would do this before an EPU?
    NKC are natural killer cells... Part of the immune respond and what some people need to be treated for after multiple miscarriage or failed transfers...

Scratches are done about week3/CD21 and every 3 months or so... I had one in mid July, my EPU wasn't til early sept. I had another just recently.

It's all so hard to know what really is going to work, and a lot of FS will say oh there's no evidence to show etc... Which is true we could be throwing everything at a cycle that may work without it but after 8 years we are up for anything lol