Closed Thread
Page 80 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi all. Ive been through two failed IVF cycles with ICIS at City Fertility Centre. We have now changed to repromed but I had some issues. Just before my cycle started I got an Ovarian Cyst (6cm) which was very painful and I had slight bleeding and cramps for a month. It ended up bursting and I ended up in Women's and Children's hospital and sent home with endone. We started our cycle two months later but we had some bleeding after sex after I had started the hormone injections. I was quite concerned and didn't feel comfortable going through with the cycle of my body wasn't right. Unfortunately our FS was in Whyalla and I could not speak with him. The nurses promised me a phone call but the next thing I knew we received a booking for egg collection through the portal and this was at 5:40pm on a Friday and theatre booking was for Monday at 6:45am so not going forward wasn't an option as I had to way to contact anyone. When I woke up from egg collection I only got 4 eggs (1st Ivf was 8, 2nd was 16 eggs). So I was pretty upset as I felt it was the case that my body wasn't right.

When I got teary in the recovery room my FS came and spoke to me. He then decided not to do a fresh transfer as we should investigate the bleeding. 2 of the embryos were highly fragmented and 2 we ok.

He froze them at day 4 as we hadn't had much luck previously getting to blastocyst. he did a biopsy and it came back fine so he said to go ahead.

So now I'm waiting for AF (and it's been 30 days) I keep thinking maybe I should hold off until I'm healthier (fitter etc) or maybe this long cycle being 30 days means my body isn't right again.

I'm feeling really dismayed and unfortunately we were really ripped off from the first two cycles ($16 put of pocket) and that is all on credit so we are really stuck.

We just really need some good luck and I can't even let myself believe this time will work but I have to hope. Keep on hoping. Thanks for allowing me to share my story.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Apples1234 For This Useful Post:

Evelynmoo  (01-11-2015),MrsSMS  (31-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hu

@apples, welcome i hope you get some good news i know how you feel getting a low number i got three! And the long cycle is horrible.

Afm i have the biggest dilemma which some of you will find ammusing. Trying to decide if i want to buy a summer dress! No i do not wear dresses or skirts so this is a really tough choice. I just dont feel right or comfortable in them hence why i don't own any lol before you ask tes i did wear a wedding dress for 30 mun then got changed into my jeans!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Apples1234 View Post
    Hi all. Ive been through two failed IVF cycles with ICIS at City Fertility Centre. We have now changed to repromed but I had some issues. Just before my cycle started I got an Ovarian Cyst (6cm) which was very painful and I had slight bleeding and cramps for a month. It ended up bursting and I ended up in Women's and Children's hospital and sent home with endone. We started our cycle two months later but we had some bleeding after sex after I had started the hormone injections. I was quite concerned and didn't feel comfortable going through with the cycle of my body wasn't right. Unfortunately our FS was in Whyalla and I could not speak with him. The nurses promised me a phone call but the next thing I knew we received a booking for egg collection through the portal and this was at 5:40pm on a Friday and theatre booking was for Monday at 6:45am so not going forward wasn't an option as I had to way to contact anyone. When I woke up from egg collection I only got 4 eggs (1st Ivf was 8, 2nd was 16 eggs). So I was pretty upset as I felt it was the case that my body wasn't right.

When I got teary in the recovery room my FS came and spoke to me. He then decided not to do a fresh transfer as we should investigate the bleeding. 2 of the embryos were highly fragmented and 2 we ok.

He froze them at day 4 as we hadn't had much luck previously getting to blastocyst. he did a biopsy and it came back fine so he said to go ahead.

So now I'm waiting for AF (and it's been 30 days) I keep thinking maybe I should hold off until I'm healthier (fitter etc) or maybe this long cycle being 30 days means my body isn't right again.

I'm feeling really dismayed and unfortunately we were really ripped off from the first two cycles ($16 put of pocket) and that is all on credit so we are really stuck.

We just really need some good luck and I can't even let myself believe this time will work but I have to hope. Keep on hoping. Thanks for allowing me to share my story.
    Wishing you the best of luck!

My story is similar we have been ttc for 5 years in Jan we finally admitted there is a problem went to see the Drs on my first follicle scan they found a 5cm cyst on one of my ovaries we had to wait to get it removed fast forward to June we had our first cycle loads of follicles 8 mature eggs ICIS all eggs they made it to day 4 and didn't progress pass 4 cells. Did another cycle in August/September FS changed up my medications and we got 13 mature eggs all injected 8 formed to blast stage 1 transferred. Made it to blood test day with cramping got my period and a bfp all on the one day shattered again! Apparently the little guy implanted but couldn't hold on! At this stage I should get AF next week than start meds to go for our first FET fingers and toes crossed this time works as like you money is getting tight and I am not sure how much more disappointment I can take! They say we just have to say positive and hope for a miracle x

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsSMS For This Useful Post:

Evelynmoo  (01-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MrsSMS I feel ya! It's so hard to go through but the idea of never having a child is just so much worse. Looks like we might be going through FET around same time?? My AF is due any day now.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Apples1234 For This Useful Post:

MrsSMS  (31-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Apples1234 your right it is hard to go through but the alternative is harder to swallow! I would say we are on track to have transfers at the same time I am on bcp to bring me in line with when the clinic can do a transfer I think transfer date is 25/11

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MrsSMS and apples i think quite a few of us will be doing fet at same time. And everyone knows the financial toll ivf does let alone what it can do to a marriage i know people who have lost their marriage through ivf its a hard toll especially on the female because no male can understand the loss of a child, baby, miscarriage or simply not being able to get pregnant or have a child. Yes i even know people who cant and it absolutely crushes them if they talk about it. It is a very hard road to walk with luck we will all come out with little miracles

10. The Following User Says Thank You to katt1011 For This Useful Post:

MrsSMS  (31-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fingers crossed Katt. We are in total $20,000 out of pocket for 3 cycles and now I've done some digging around I see we were pushed and over charged. We were given a lot of pressure to start IVF in the beginning and it's was all overwhelming. We didn't realise there were such prices differences. Can't believe the government won't release public ally success rates.
    Well keep in touch. I know it will be nice to have some gals to chat to who know what it's like.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone. Would love to join in if that's ok. I am doing my last FET at the end of Nov. I have done two cycles with one fresh and one frozen blast from each cycle. I have been holding onto the FE for a long time. I think it has been like a security blanket, because it's there it means it's possible we will have a baby but once it's gone I will have to face not having one.
    Anyway, does anyone take special vitamins or do acupuncture ect.
    Good luck ladies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know how you feel about saving the FE!!! I'm scared to put them in because that feels like our last hope although I know we can't give up after that but it will be a while financially.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Apples1234 For This Useful Post:

Waiting to exhale  (01-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Weighing in on the $ factor here. Admittedly Im only here because of Primary IVF. Being secondary IF we have to put our existing child first. We cant justify the $'s for ttc in place of education and living for our son. Primary allows us to try and not spend more than $600. We have nothing to compare it to, so we are going with what we have and hoping for the best. Im sorry that anyone here has to take this road. We do what we have to I guess..