Closed Thread
Page 7 of 98 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanej78 View Post
    Far out that makes everything so much harder 😔
    Agree... The legislation hasn't passed yet so until it does we can hold out hope. I feel for the cancer patients that are being hit too 😣

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeb8303 For This Useful Post:

Bris1977  (22-09-2015),RoseM  (26-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies.
    I thought id finally join the thread instead of lurking.
    We're gearing up for our first FET following a long couple of months that involved our first stim cycle & fresh transfer that resulted in an early M/C. I had to wait 2 months for my hcg to be low enough to even think about a transfer.
    So currently now just waiting for my af to arrive an day now.

Not sure how everyone else's families are when it comes to their treatment but my parents are being super unsupportive. It came to an epic eruption of tears & yelling on monday. I don't understand why people make it so hard when you already have enough to deal with. Im the only one im a very fertilie family that has issues so no one understands the emotions that are constantly running through me (along with way too many hormones).
    Usually my family are closenit but my IVF journey has made me understand that really isn't the case.

Sorry about the rant, im just really hurt at their behavior and i don't know how to forgive them for it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    CD 1 still going to the clinic today to get my scripts and bloods and i suppose we will still have that ultrasound eeewwwwww! Only issue is i moved money last night so I could pay on CD 1, its in my balance but not available so i hope they will accept payment tomorrow

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RubyGirl View Post
    Hi ladies.
    I thought id finally join the thread instead of lurking.
    We're gearing up for our first FET following a long couple of months that involved our first stim cycle & fresh transfer that resulted in an early M/C. I had to wait 2 months for my hcg to be low enough to even think about a transfer.
    So currently now just waiting for my af to arrive an day now.

Not sure how everyone else's families are when it comes to their treatment but my parents are being super unsupportive. It came to an epic eruption of tears & yelling on monday. I don't understand why people make it so hard when you already have enough to deal with. Im the only one im a very fertilie family that has issues so no one understands the emotions that are constantly running through me (along with way too many hormones).
    Usually my family are closenit but my IVF journey has made me understand that really isn't the case.

Sorry about the rant, im just really hurt at their behavior and i don't know how to forgive them for it.
    Hey Ruby

I completely sympathise sweetie re the family thing - I am the only female in our family (including Grandmother, mother, my Aunty and her daughters) who has had trouble conceiving. They are pretty understanding - however - lately I have been feeling less than worthy in my grandmothers eyes and it makes me angry. She regularly likes, shares or comments on my cousins Facebook posts (both girls have kids) but me the only thing she does it have the hide to post on my FB wall on my mums birthday saying she hopes I have contacted her. WTF? Talk about playing favourites - it makes me angry and feel like she is devaluing me by the fact we can't just pop kids out like all of them were able too.

So other than the first cycle we did I don't actually tell my immediate family anymore - I tell them after it hasn't worked but I have a really great friend who is going through it as well so she gets it.

I am dreading if we can't conceive with my eggs having to tell people we need a donor. It'll be the pity that irritates me.

Sadly people say they understand but unless they have gone through it they have no frickin idea. Xx

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeb8303 For This Useful Post:

Kookii  (26-09-2015),Tanej78  (23-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @RubyGirl
    Sorry to hear your family are not being supportive and about your M/C. It really isn't fair that any of this is happening to any of us and even more frustrating having people who are not personally dealing with it having an opinion without fully understanding what we are going through. I hope you can find support within this group and I hope this FET ends with a beautiful baby for you to take home!

It can be hard when the people you love let you down. I've found these quotes helpful in situations like this.
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1442957839.123798.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1442957848.604763.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by stillfuntryin View Post
    CD 1 still going to the clinic today to get my scripts and bloods and i suppose we will still have that ultrasound eeewwwwww! Only issue is i moved money last night so I could pay on CD 1, its in my balance but not available so i hope they will accept payment tomorrow
    Haha my friend once told me a story about an internal ultrasound and a trainee which involved them accidentally catching the modesty blanket as they inserted it inside her, then the trainee wondering why it was cloudy and couldn't seen anything on the screen.
    Good luck today! I hope everything goes well and I'm sure they won't mind waiting one day for the payment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for your kind words @jeb8303 & @pillowhead.

I have found this community so helpful and I have decided to keep our future transfers to ourselves until we know the outcome.

@jeb8303 no one should be allowed to look badly upon you for using a donor. It doesn't matter if your genetically connected to your child or not, you will still be its mother and a loving one at that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RubyGirl View Post
    Thank you so much for your kind words @jeb8303 & @pillowhead.

I have found this community so helpful and I have decided to keep our future transfers to ourselves until we know the outcome.

@jeb8303 no one should be allowed to look badly upon you for using a donor. It doesn't matter if your genetically connected to your child or not, you will still be its mother and a loving one at that!
    @RubyGirl

Thanks Hun - most of them won't but I guess I fear it'll give my Grandmother one more reason to show her favouritism for my cousins who will have given her "genetic" great grandchildren .... And should she do it I will call her out on it - right now I can deal with it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies ☺
    Id like to join this thread. Me 28 dh 29, male factor.

I had my first freash cycle transfer in august which resulted in a chemical. But we have one day 5 embryo on ice. We are doing a fet in november. I start bcp in about 2 weeks then meds then transfer.
    Im still waiting on my clinic to tell me wat meds il be on.
    Im scared they under prescribed my progesterone again so nervous. Last transfer i got af 4 days later while on crinone once a day.

Good luck everyone.
    Rubygirl it sucks about the lack of support u get. We have only told our parents about ivf thats it. I just didn't want to explain bfn to lots of ppl.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to corzjayne For This Useful Post:

RubyGirl  (24-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Introduction (October FET)

I wasn't sure where to introduce myself but I saw October November IVF/FET do I decided to post here.

Hi,
    My name is Amy and I'm 24.
    My husband and I recently found out we would need IVF because we have a 1% chance of falling naturally...

In 2011, at the age of 20 I had ovarian cancer and so was able to do an IVF cycle at QFG, Brisbane for freezing at a very discounted price due to the severity of the chemo I needed.
    We have 4 frozen embryos waiting to go. (We thought that there were 7 but anyway..)

I have my progynova script ready to be filled (my husband will be filling it this afternoon) and I am just waiting for my period to begin so I can start taking them from CD2.
    My period is due on Friday the 25th.

My husband and I are excited and nervous as we don't know what to expect. I don't actually know anyone who's been through IVF so it's nice to meet all of you, hope to possibly make some friends!