Closed Thread
Page 52 of 100 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Evelynmoo View Post
    Was wondering if anyone has ever had fluid accumulation in the endometrial cavity at any point during their IVF cycle? And what happened or was there an explanation from your FS?
    I had an US just before EPU and the nurse mentioned she could see fluid. I didnt take any notice and the nurse didnt seem worried but i called the nurses the other day to ask about it and she said it was unusual to see an accumulation or build up so i did some research and read that a fluid build up could be detrimental to ET successfulness.
    I got no further explanation and the FS still hasnt called me back to discuss things.
    Never heard of it sorry, keep onto your clinic and if they aren't giving you tge support you need i would change clinics, your spending thousands of dollars and you should feel like you are receiving the best care that can be offered

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies. Throwing my hat in the ring for a Nov FET. Starting end of the week probably. Expected transfer mid Nov. fingers crossed for everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @woof5105. Fingers crossed for you too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Evelynmoo I had fluid around the ovaries visible on the ultrasound 5 days after EPU. The fresh transfer was cancelled - ohss - as the risks of making the fluid/ ohss worse if I did fall pregnant were too high.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by woof5105 View Post
    Hi ladies. Throwing my hat in the ring for a Nov FET. Starting end of the week probably. Expected transfer mid Nov. fingers crossed for everyone!
    Welcome!! Fingers xd

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF/ FET Oct Nov 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Corbes View Post
    Hi girls, just jumping in here as waiting to hear back from our FS whether we can do a FET this week or in 4 weeks time.

Just a quick question, what CD did you have a lining scan to ensure all is on track prior to FET?

Also did anyone have any say over which embryo you could put in assuming you had more than one in the freezer? We have 3 PGD tested normal embryos and one untested, one of our FSs said we could choose which to put in, and another other said we could not.
    @Corbes - I usually have an US at day 12 to check the thickness. Then they can adjust the meds to thicken more or we are go for transfer. All mine were frozen at 3 days so transfer at day 15.

We have always been able to choose which one to transfer if we want to. The FS will go through what's in the freezer and say which one she recommends and then we just go with that or say if we want something else. I would think if you're paying for it and they are yours, if you want a particular one transferred then that's your obligation.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to woof5105 For This Useful Post:

Corbes  (25-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats on being PUPO @itsgunnahappen I hope you have a stress free 2ww

@mrsthomo I hope you are wrong and af holds out. All the best for when you test

Welcome @woof5105 my af is due around the end of this week as well (most likely next weekend). I'll be doing a FET around the same time as you. Have you done a FET before? This is my first one as I did a fresh transfer two years ago and now trying for #2. We will be doing a 5 day transfer.

Hi @Corbes I haven't done a FET before but I was asking the ladies from my last cycle group about this recently. It seems that you go in around day 9 or 10 and then every second day from there til ovulation. I've also heard of some clinics check the day after they expected ovulation to make sure you actually did. They all also said that they didn't get to pick with embryo to transfer and that the clinic just choses the best quality one from those remaining. Apparently most clinics number them from best to worst and use them in order. I believe 3 out of 4 of our embryos are the same quality and are the same as the embryo they transferred that became my now 16 month old daughter. I'm guessing they just randomly assigned numbers 1-3 to those ones and number 4 to the medium blast.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

Corbes  (25-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Annerley
    I've done 4 FETs before ... 2 bfns, 1mmc @ 9wks and 1 chem. I don't get AF so am just picking dates according to when it suits me for implantation. Am a bit concerned as the 2 "better" results (mmc and chem) have been achieved after going back to back with a bfn. I have always thought that the bfn cycle has at least put me into 'normal' cycling - then the next month my body is behaving as it should. This looks like it'll be my last transfer prior to donor eggs.

We'll be transferring 2 this time. One 5 cell and an 8 cell if the 5 survives the thaw. Or two 8 cells if it doesn't survive. If we do the two 8 cells, then that's all of my chances gone. It's all a bit stressful now!! I have someone that I would like to ask to be a donor but not sure what her response would be. Hopefully it will be yes!! And hopefully we won't even need it!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Corbes
    Ah I should have added - I don't actually ovulate .. So I run a short medicated cycle for my FETs. So no need to check for ovulation ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Corbes View Post
    Hi girls, just jumping in here as waiting to hear back from our FS whether we can do a FET this week or in 4 weeks time.

Just a quick question, what CD did you have a lining scan to ensure all is on track prior to FET?

Also did anyone have any say over which embryo you could put in assuming you had more than one in the freezer? We have 3 PGD tested normal embryos and one untested, one of our FSs said we could choose which to put in, and another other said we could not.
    I've always had scans to check lining on HRT FET cycle... The stimulated FET it was to follow follicle progress and lining... This time with natural FET I don't think they were going to, just bloods every 2 days but I've asked they do a scan, and they're happy to once bloods confirmed OV... I only have one normal PGD blast in freezer so no choosing... Before that we never gave it a thought, I guess we just left it to the experts... Also I never asked much grading information, leaves me too much to obsess about... Hope that helps, hope you get the answers you need xxx

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Tanej78 For This Useful Post:

Corbes  (26-10-2015)