Closed Thread
Page 50 of 98 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful37 View Post
    Hope this is it for you too tanj78!

With the PGD testing, is this the first time you have done it? I trying to decide if I want to do it next fresh cycle ( if this current FET doesn't work). The dr has said it might be a good idea since I've had a couple of failed cycles. It's just so expensive! Bit iguess in the long run maybe not as you know more about the embryo and don't transfer ones that aren't ' normal'
    @Hopeful37 yep this is the first time ... It's so hard making choices half the time I feel like we're playing roulette, do we put it all on red or black?....

But I do wish now we had done if with our first EPU as I came into IVF with a history of 3 mc and 1 ectopic... we then had 7 blasts in the freezer, only one BFP that I lost at about 7weeks... We did 5 transfers (2 doubles) so we could have saved some money on FET if we had found out whether they were normal or not...

But then the process to push them ready to test I wonder how many normal we loose between the day 5 & 6?

I think if you have the egg numbers at pick up and a history of losses then PGD is a good step forward?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tanej78 For This Useful Post:

Hopeful37  (25-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Evening all,

So sorry to hear about the ladies with bad news ((big hugs))

I noticed a few discussing PGD, I received an email the other day offering to participate in a trial which means we can utilize PGD free of charge. How does PGD effect the cycle? Our plan was to start this cycle (short) around the middle of November which would put transfer at around the start/middle of December but apparently they freeze the embryos after day 5-6 the do a FET, would this then delay transfer until January? Or would they do it sooner?

I'd love to participate in the trial to help other women that have trouble conceiving, the added bonus being our clinic only grows embryos until day two then do the transfer. This way we'd have one put back that would have been allowed to grow until day 5-6 which I believed was better? (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Has anyone else been offered to participate? Or have any further information? Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Missy14 View Post
    Evening all,

So sorry to hear about the ladies with bad news ((big hugs))

I noticed a few discussing PGD, I received an email the other day offering to participate in a trial which means we can utilize PGD free of charge. How does PGD effect the cycle? Our plan was to start this cycle (short) around the middle of November which would put transfer at around the start/middle of December but apparently they freeze the embryos after day 5-6 the do a FET, would this then delay transfer until January? Or would they do it sooner?

I'd love to participate in the trial to help other women that have trouble conceiving, the added bonus being our clinic only grows embryos until day two then do the transfer. This way we'd have one put back that would have been allowed to grow until day 5-6 which I believed was better? (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Has anyone else been offered to participate? Or have any further information? Thanks
    Not heard of the trial what clinic are you at? I'm at Monash

To do a PGD cycle you have to have your eggs fertilised by ICSI-HA... They're grown to a certain stage almost hatching between day 5-6... Once biopsied they're frozen until results come back. I waited 2 weeks. So you can't do a FET until those results are in.... Which meant for me I've had a cycle between my EPU and this FET... We did do a fresh transfer of a untested hatching blast on day 5 but it was BFN

Thanks
    Reviews
    We're at The Fertility Centre which is run by Melbourne IVF who were the ones that sent the email.

I've been trying to read more information about FETs as I've never progressed that far in a cycle, we didn't even make it to EC our first (and only) attempt. I wonder if we would need to wait to do a natural cycle or if we could do a medicated one? I've sent an email to MIVF so hopefully they'll reply so we can make a decision.

Thanks
    Reviews
    And cramping is back again... It really feels like AF cramping

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jeb8303 View Post
    It will because it's all the same xx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tanej78 For This Useful Post:

jeb8303  (25-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Missy14 View Post
    We're at The Fertility Centre which is run by Melbourne IVF who were the ones that sent the email.

I've been trying to read more information about FETs as I've never progressed that far in a cycle, we didn't even make it to EC our first (and only) attempt. I wonder if we would need to wait to do a natural cycle or if we could do a medicated one? I've sent an email to MIVF so hopefully they'll reply so we can make a decision.
    I've done a stimulated FET, 4 HRT FET and this is my first natural FET

I don't think how you do the FET is linked to PGD... My FS suggested natural this time because she believes it has better success rates

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jeb8303 View Post
    Same as me!! How exciting!!!!!!!!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to stillfuntryin For This Useful Post:

jeb8303  (25-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanej78 View Post
    Not heard of the trial what clinic are you at? I'm at Monash

To do a PGD cycle you have to have your eggs fertilised by ICSI-HA... They're grown to a certain stage almost hatching between day 5-6... Once biopsied they're frozen until results come back. I waited 2 weeks. So you can't do a FET until those results are in.... Which meant for me I've had a cycle between my EPU and this FET... We did do a fresh transfer of a untested hatching blast on day 5 but it was BFN
    Which Monash are you at? We're using Clayton. Used to be Melbourne IVF but we changed over to Monash. Very happy with them.

We're considering PGD but concerned it will drag the cycle out longer and they may not let us do it because of Christmas closure. We've had 1 BFP that stopped growing at 7w, then 3 unsuccessful cycles. Starting to get worried now.

I want to go straight into another cycle so I don't lose the momentum. Took a lot to get my head back in a good space to do this recent cycle after a 7yr break from the first three cycles.

Anyone else using Monash, if so which one?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow missy14 that's pretty good to be able to do that free of charge. It costs $750 per embryo at my clinic so it can get very costly and is why I'm deciding if I'll do it.