Closed Thread
Page 4 of 100 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bris1977 I had OHSS the first stim cycle, bad enough to put me in ICU and then on a general ward for 7 days, so that was a freeze all cycle, three months later we did FET which resulted in my daughter. I put us firmly in the super lucky category but I've actually found these failed cycles much more difficult than the first two. 100% worse. I've done another 2 stim cycles, the second of which I got OHSS again but no where near as badly. I got PG on that cycle and ended up having a DnC at 9 weeks as the placenta was growing but the baby wasn't. I've just got one more emby from the three we got from that cycle left, then I'm done for many reasons. I feel like if I keep pursuing another baby, I'll be missing out on watching the one I have grow up because I find the whole thing so consuming. That's not fair on her, me or DH. Its emotionally and physically destroying and there's only so much of that I can tolerate before it's simply too much.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kizmetzing For This Useful Post:

Bris1977  (19-09-2015),sunny79  (19-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies,

I am doing a fet scheduled for late october, i had to do a freeze all due to high levels and risk of ohss. So currently on the pill for a few weeks just waiting. The wait is horrible!

Anyway hopefully we get some good news in this thread soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I did my beta today but I won’t get the result until Saturday. The medical centre on site said I could do a blood test here and the doctor rang the lab and it sounded like all would be okay. However, as my sample didn’t leave the construction site until too late this afternoon to make the flight to Brisbane today it will go tomorrow afternoon instead. Oh well. Just another day of progesterone and waiting. I’ll go back to going over to the mainland for the blood tests next cycle. It was worth a try though.

@stillfuntryin It certainly isn’t fair. Why do you mention that IVF is getting more expensive next year? Is there some medicare refund being removed or something?

@Annerly Gosh, I hadn’t even thought of the extra challenge of using the progesterone pessaries with children. Absolutely I can just imagine the confusion on why mummy isn’t getting out of bed.

@kizmetzing you've really been through the wringer. I find it hard to understand why everyone's bodies react so differently to fertility treatment and pregnancy in general. It's such an unknown. I see your logic there in wanting to enjoy the delight of watching your daughter grow with focus rather than through the IVF. Wishing you lots of luck on this cycle.

@kat1011 Hi. The wait is awful. All the waiting. Waiting to start, waiting for the levels to be right for transfer, then the dreaded 2WW. But I just tell myself all the waiting will be worth it and completely forgotten after the joy of a baby.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bris1977 For This Useful Post:

kizmetzing  (20-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @kizmetzing I do also wonder at times whether getting a bfn after having a baby would be really hard as now I know how wonderful it is to have a little one, I'll know what I'm missing out on if it doesn't work this time. You have been through a lot, you poor thing! I understand why you need to stop after this one. Ttc is definitely consuming!
    @katt1011 welcome! It sounds like we will be doing things at the same time. My FET is scheduled for the end of October also

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

kizmetzing  (20-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

@Annerley, awesome someone else who also has the long wait. Do you know what date your fet is meant to be? Mine is the 20th apparently.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to katt1011 For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (17-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @katt1011 Oopps no I'll be a few weeks behind you then. My cycle will only start end of October. My af should arrive around 29th october so FET should be around 17th Nov, as it will be a 5 day transfer. I will be so exciting to start, I really can't wait to be pregnant again- fingers crossed it happens. I'm about to go on a holiday and won't be back til the 15th Oct so will probably be a bit quiet after this weekend but will have something to look forward to when I get back and also something to pass the time between now and then
    Last edited by Annerley; 17-09-2015 at 20:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies how are you all?

@ Annerley atleast you have a holiday to take your mind off the wait, hopefully we will be moving before we do fet currently looking for a house.

How is everyone else going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @katt1011 I'm doing well, just counting down till we can't start our cycle! I agree, the waiting is so hard! ( hopefully start my cycle around the 11th of October) This will be my first IVF experience.

Good luck with moving house, hopefully that will keep you busy so the waiting doesn't feel as long.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone... joining you all and keeping my fingers x'd for good biopsy results and a FET next month. Have just finished a cycle with BFN after my first ever fresh transfer. This cycle we had 2 blasts grow enough for PGD and frozen on day 5 and day 6.

Have had 1 previous stim cycle with severe OHSS and 7 frosties, 5 FET's only one came back BFP but we lost @7.5weeks... 8 years on our fertility journey and no babies yet...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Tanej78 For This Useful Post:

Bris1977  (19-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello! This is the first time I've ever in my life posted on a forum - apologies if I'm getting it wrong, I have no idea what I'm doing!!

Yesterday I started my 3rd IVF attempt and of course having googled every possible IVF scenario with my previous tries, these forums have helped me a LOT so I decided that next time I try, I'm going to give this a go, which is why I'm here.

(If I'm in the wrong place, could someone please help me figure out where I should be?)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to RoseM For This Useful Post:

Bris1977  (19-09-2015)