Closed Thread
Page 3 of 98 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome @Bris1977. What day are you now? When is your beta scheduled?
    May I ask why are you doing ivf? I see we are almost the same age. Our case is severe male infertility, next cycle will be our 4th attempt (ICSI).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Bris1977 welcome!
    Sorry to hear about your previous cycles. I hope this cycle works out for you despite the negative pee test.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kookii Hi. I'm 12dpt (on Wednesday assuming 1dpt is the day after the transfer not the day of the transfer) with beta tomorrow. My fertility is low associated with my age and I had a low AMH count 3 years ago. I'm doing IVF because I haven't found someone to have children with. So I did ICSI with a sperm donor.

@pillowhead thank you! Me too.
    Last edited by Bris1977; 16-09-2015 at 01:29.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hello!

I thought I'd jump in here and say hi. I'm about seven days into stimulation on my first cycle. I have my ultrasound on Friday morning, hopefully all is looking ok. Terrible headaches last two days but otherwise feel good! How are you all feeling? Is anyone else mid-cycle?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks @Bris1977 my appointment got delayed until today so FX it's all smooth sailing! All my bloods get done in Cairns, now I have a 10 month old i say in Cairns for a few weeks at a time as its just too much going back and forth, i have very high hope for this cycle, i think once you see it work you just expect it to work the next time! But they say frozen transfers are more successful then fresh! And most of the women who I was on the babies from IVF thread with were frozen transfers too! There was even one with a successful FET and a natural conception also so she has boy girl twins!! I'm currently 6dpo on my natural cycle so who knows maybe having a baby made me fertile like you heat all those stories but I'm not that lucky!
    Last edited by stillfuntryin; 16-09-2015 at 09:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    All good to go ahead with the transfer next month!!!!!!!!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stillfuntryin For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (16-09-2015),Kookii  (18-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thought I would pop my head in and say hello here! Planning my last FET for Oct. This next FET will be our 7th cycle and if we don't get PG this time, we're done. We are lucky enough to have a 4yo DD from our first FET and have just had little luck since. I had a miscarriage in March from a cycle in Jan and as that stim cycle hit me fairly hard, I don't think I can just keep going back. I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you all!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kizmetzing For This Useful Post:

Bris1977  (16-09-2015),Kookii  (18-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So happy for the little restore autosaved content button that came up at the bottom. I thought I'd lost my whole reply instead of just 30% when it said I had to log in again and was about to throw my laptop out the door (not quite but close). Hahaha.

@stillfuntryin Imagine the luck for a FET AND natural in one cycle. I hadn't considered that happens (although it doesn't apply to me given I don't have a partner). I think it's definitely more positive once you know you've had one baby and hope your body is ready to kick on for the next one. Woo hoo. Glad to hear your appointment went well - bring it on. Are you doing FET or fresh?

@Babycakesnsw - I'm at the end of my 2nd cycle with my beta tomorrow (POAS was negative). So I'll see what the results say on Friday and then probably plan for another FET in October. I had a few headaches during stimulations but just made sure I was hydrated and they were generally okay. I hope yours don't last the full cycle. It was the couple of sharp short painful cramps for a few days after the fresh transfer that I found most painful but like everything they passed. I've had no symptoms this FET cycle (except now eating like a mad woman but that's the progesterone and stress/disappointment - I will get back to the gym tomorrow). I wouldn't mind a few symptoms if it was working... The thing I remember most about my first cycle was my embarassment at not realising I'd be having an "internal" ultrasound. The only ultrasounds I'd seen were on the outside before that. I wish you lots of luck.

@kizmetzing It must be so hard to decide when to draw the line on trying. Such a personal decision. So wonderful that you have a 4yo but I'm sure it doesn't make it that much easier to let go. A miscarriage must be an awful experience since I have enough trouble with the 2WW and failure peeing on a stick. Is that making it harder for you to try again? All those feelings? Or did you have OHSS on the stim cycle? Do you have only one frozen embryo and that's why you're thinking seven is enough? Your body has given you a daughter - you can do it. Keep positive. Fingers crossed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Briss1977 i have three frozen from my first stimulus cycle, i have four and my son is one, you can definitely have a brighter outlook when you know its worked before.I hope you get a massive suprise at you beta! @kizmetzing i hope you get success soon! I know that now I have L i feel beer about IVF not working, there was such a massive hole in me before I had him and now I think I'm ok with it not working. Such a hard choice but with IVF getting more expensive next year we have to draw a line somewhere, One of my IVF mum friends tried for 9 years and got pregnant and then her bubs was born at 30 weeks and she had to deal with the premie crap, life just doesn't seem fair sometimes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, so lovely to see a few new names in here
    @stillfuntryin, I know when I started Ivf of course I was really hopeful but was still trying not to get my hopes up too much as I knew that it might take a few goes. I agree with you though, since we have had so much luck, it's hard not to expect it will work again. I also don't feel as worried as I'm so content with our DD but we would love a sibling for her and have always really wanted 2. I hope that if I happen to get bfn that having her with me will soften the blow and also knowing we will have another 3 frozen to try. That's what I keep telling myself anyway, that it will be ok and surely at least 1 of the 4 will work. In reality I'll probably be a total mess when the time comes!
    I've heard of one other lady local to me who DTD when she triggered for her cycle and ended up with twins, one natural and one Ivf. It would be so strange!!
    @Bris1977, I hope your beta brings you a lovely surprise tomorrow!
    Thanks for all that info, I have heard that Crinone is quite expensive. Laying down for half an hr after pessaries would be really hard, especially in the morning, as you said! I could just imagine my LO understanding that mummy can't get up for all that time.
    @Babycakesnsw, wishing you first time success! Doesn't sound like too long until you will be at egg collection stage. I know once I got to that part, I really felt like I was on the downhill run to my pregnancy test
    @kizmetzing, I really hope this is a lucky cycle for you! I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. That would be incredibly hard to go through.
    @pillowhead, you have every right to be excited as next month will probably give you the best chance you've ever had of getting your bfp up until this point. Not long til your holiday now! I'm getting excited too, only 4 days to go til we fly out!!
    Last edited by Annerley; 16-09-2015 at 21:47.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

pillowhead  (17-09-2015)