Closed Thread
Page 27 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My husband and I are starting IVF in November, we have just had all of our meetings and now its just the waiting. This will be our first cycle so we are really nervous and we unfortunately don't have the money to keep going and going if it doesn't work after a few .

We have done two IUI's that had to be cancelled due to hubby not being able to produce on the day and having a bad thaw on another one.

We have been trying for 2 and a half years, hoping it would have happened naturally before we decided to get help. Hoping we get some luck our way

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck babypanda. I had a $5000 limit and we've used $4000 of that so far with 1 EPU & 2FETS with the added expenses like anethatists and bed fees and now progesterone supplements. I think most ppl would class my clinic as a low cost clinic but they treat me really well. Research clinics and if you can go to a low cost clinic you can get more cycles in if needed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We haven't even started our Cycle and its looking its going to cost us $7000 (that includes hubby testicle biopsy which may need to be done). We may need to go to research clinics. I heard there is one in Dandenong Melbourne. Has anyone had their cycles done there ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fingers crossed for everyone testing on the weekend!
    @Bris1977 thank you so much for your reply. I'm having my transfer at 8am tomorrow morning at Spring Hill Day Hospital. I'm gonna give the acupuncture clinic a call now and see what they say. I'd only be able to fit in an after transfer appointment anyway if they're even able to get me in.

Awkward question.. is having sex the morning of transfer allowed? He said I can have sex while taking my medication but I forgot to ask about morning of transfer.
    I already have a ridiculous sex drive but this month it's gotten out of hand. I almost feel sorry for my husband. Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @mrsthomo we actually had sex after our transfer at the time we got told it works and it did our first ivf attempt we got our boy. I don't know if we will try it again will have to see lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    @katt1011 Ohh okay, thank you!
    All in the name of science.. lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Allykat111 we transferred Monday 12th, day before you(??). I am willing to test early although I think it is very early so I am prepared for a negative result. I have been seeing negative results for 5 yrs of ttc. Hold off as long as you can if you know it will ruin your day, a negative so early after transfer doesn't mean you aren't pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All

Sorry to all those who are having bad news it makes this journey that much harder.

Welcome to all the new faces

I forgot to post yesterday - had bloods yesterday and my E2 was 783 and my LH 21.

Had bloods again this morning - E2 about 730 and LH was an insane 51 😱 - so today is definitely my surge day! At CD25 mind you thanks to the Lucren delaying my natural hormones 😳

Transfer will be on Wednesday 21st - I feel like it is a good sign it's that day as it the 21st is mine & DH 9 year anniversary since we started dating.

I start pessaries tomorrow night - I'm on a double dose so 2 in the morning and 2 at night as last cycle (last year) my period came 4 days after a 5dt

Very scared it will happen again (even with the double dose of progesterone) - especially as I am CD25 today and have cramping (probably ovulation cramping though) because if it happens again then that means I must have a luteal phase defect

This 5th cycle makes $20-25k out of pocket for us..... As each cycle has been anywhere from $4-5k out of pocket...

I'm really hoping that A grade blast that we have on ice is our baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsthomo View Post
    Fingers crossed for everyone testing on the weekend!
    @Bris1977 thank you so much for your reply. I'm having my transfer at 8am tomorrow morning at Spring Hill Day Hospital. I'm gonna give the acupuncture clinic a call now and see what they say. I'd only be able to fit in an after transfer appointment anyway if they're even able to get me in.

Awkward question.. is having sex the morning of transfer allowed? He said I can have sex while taking my medication but I forgot to ask about morning of transfer.
    I already have a ridiculous sex drive but this month it's gotten out of hand. I almost feel sorry for my husband. Lol
    I wouldnt but if you do make sure he doesn't ejaculate inside you, my clinics protocol doeant even allow pesseries 4hrs before of after transfer and no sex until 7 days after transfer, when I got preggers last year I wasn't aloud to have sex the entire first trimester!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to stillfuntryin For This Useful Post:

mrsthomo  (16-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Evelynmoo that’s an excellent result. I hope there’s a winner there.
    @exilius oh no. I’m sorry to hear that. That’s so disappointing for you. Good luck getting a plan for next time with your FS.
    @mrsthomo Were you able to get an appointment for acupuncture? Good luck for the transfer tomorrow. Are you doing a 3 or 5 day transfer?
    @babypanda Welcome. Wishing you all the best. I hope you’re able to get the Medicare rebate for your $7,000. Otherwise it’s so very expensive.
    @jeb8303 I was on two pessaries a day last two transfers and this one the doctor dropped me down to only one a day. It makes me so depressed and inclined to eat anything and everything. Maybe I can’t blame it all on the progesterone, maybe a bit from stress. I hope the extra dose keeps AF away for you.

Afm, on Monday I know it was early as I was only 5dp5dt but I tested and got a negative. This morning I wasn’t going to bother but figured I may as well and at 8dp5dt I saw the prettiest pink line I’ve ever seen. It was my first ever and it was only faint, but it was definitely there (I did wonder if I was hallucinating). It’s only early so maybe it’s a chemical but I’m seeing it as progress. A first for my body. I haven’t told anyone.
    Good luck to everyone else transferring and testing. What a rollercoaster.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bris1977 For This Useful Post:

babybeanie  (15-10-2015),corzjayne  (15-10-2015),Hopeful37  (15-10-2015),jeb8303  (15-10-2015),kizmetzing  (15-10-2015),mrsthomo  (16-10-2015),Ruby16  (16-10-2015),stillfuntryin  (15-10-2015)