Closed Thread
Page 16 of 98 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everyone. That was a bit of a stress this morning but all great since the transfer.

One embryo was transferred, one didn't make it and one isn't looking good but may be frozen again if it grows more.

Welcome @rainbow road.

@corzjayne sorry I'm not familiar with endometrin. I can add that my first and second transfers I was on two progesterone pessaries a day but this cycle the FS said to just use one a day so it does vary.
    Last edited by Bris1977; 07-10-2015 at 15:27.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Good luck @Bris1977, were they day 5 embryos?

Our clinic freeze on day 3 and do day 3 transfers. I had success with one with DS, but I've never done a FET and am nervous it won't work. I think if it doesn't I will get them to grow the next one to blast stage...

Thanks
    Reviews
    @rainbow road I had a fresh transfer of a 3 day embryo in August (grade 4 and 4 cells) and a FET of a 3 day embryo in September (grade 3 and 7 cells), neither of which worked. This time the FS went for the 5 day and the one that was transferred was blast stage. As the FS said there is the risk that none make it to blast stage but I suppose the last two 3 day embryos didn't implant so maybe they would never have made day 5 anyway so good to know I've got the best chance with the one transferred today.

As you've had the success once with a 3 day hopefully you'll be as lucky again.
    Last edited by Bris1977; 07-10-2015 at 17:00.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bris1977 For This Useful Post:

rainbow road  (07-10-2015)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I don't know what all the grades are😩 I just know that Toby was 8 cells when he was transferred

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good to see some familiar names on here. Just transferring from the Aug/Sept group.

Doing my first ever IVF cycle this month. Been taking Gonal F and Orgalutran but tonight is trigger night with Lucran (to prevent OHSS) so won't be doing a FET this cycle.

EPU is on Friday and am totally freaking out!!! Hate medical procedures of any sort especially involving anaesthetic!!! Really hoping and praying for an uneventful and smooth procedure.

If all goes well I might have an FET at beginning of November. This month because I am on all these drugs my lining is good but usually I have a terrible lining which is consistently thin so I am going to push the FS to put me on something to help boost the thickness.

I want to do anything I need for this to be a success. I read some peoples comments at the beginning of this thread on the lack of support from family members and the pressure felt by you guys and I totally understand. All I have ever wanted in life was to be a wife and mother and have a family of my own especially since I am an only child and only have my parents here. When I was at school everyone use to say I would be the first one to have kids. DH and I have been trying for a year now and its been so emotionally heartbreaking to watch so many of my school friends having babies before me. What makes it harder is when you have some of these people subtly gloating about their blessings.

My DH and I have kept our journey mostly private between some friends, we have only told a very small number of family members such as his younger brother, as he is living with us now after a recent cancer diagnosis. His sister in law is one of the above mentioned gloaters and his father is a massive gossip king which is why we have kept it private. My DH is also having to move away to regional NSW in 2 weeks time because of his work while I stay in Sydney to care for his brother and continue on with our baby making journey.

So this whole year has been a huge emotional roller coaster. I went to see a psychic a few months ago, at times I can be skeptical but sometimes I can be a believer. That particular time the psychic told me that by November my DH's work situation would change and that there would be a house move. I guess she was right with that so I am hoping the month she said I would finally be pregnant will also be correct.

But mainly prayers for Friday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello again! Good luck to all the ladies about to transfer or already in the tww!

We spoke to our FS last week, she's even surprised with our case, and such a bad outcome with so many eggs (16 retrieved, not a single one fertilised). She told me that my eggs are ok, just a bit immature so we will try a new drug next time: gonal-f and lucrin altogether in the same syringe. 😥 Have you heard of it?

Because we still have one embie left, we'll do a transfer next cycle, so now waiting for af and natural ovulation. If our last one doesn't work, we'll start from scratch in November.

Fingers crossed we can celebrate the end of this year with a bfp! Omg, end of the year... Why is taking so long! 😩

Thanks
    Reviews
    @rainbow road I don't really know what it means either. Just that I got a letter that tells me that, and the letter says grade 3 is moderate (and the FS said that's where lots of pregnancies come from) and grade 4 is good. Grade 5 is excellent and very rare. But who really cares as long as the end is a healthy baby

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bris1977 For This Useful Post:

Evelynmoo  (07-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Embryos are graded on the stage they are at with numbers and the quality with letters so a blastocyst of perfect condition would be a 4AA grade 5 is rare because it means it's hatched and they like to freeze before then, sometimes they can hatch on thaw, the letters are grading tge two separate parts of the embryo, the part that becomes tge baby and the part that becomes the placenta, i have a 4AA which I'm trasferring on Monday and i have a 4BA and a 3AB i hope that makes a little sense, im sure there is a forum on the IVF thread with links to embryo grading.
    When it comes to making the choice to transfer more than one to me it's easy, i know i couldnt handle twins and i would not like to risk my perfectly normal babies health by carrying 2.
    Last edited by stillfuntryin; 13-10-2015 at 08:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yesterday's levels were in the 1700's supposedly they'll look at my progesterone today to see if I ovulated yesterday...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Grading of day 5 embryos at most clinics: http://www.advancedfertility.com/blastocystimages.htm

A 5 is beginning to hatch and isn't very common but not unheard of either (especially for younger women). My daughter was frozen as a 5AA and transferred as a 6AA (she finished hatching just before transfer). Both my 3BB and 2BB implanted but then failed to grow (chemical pregnancy).

For day 3 grading it's a bit different:
    http://www.advancedfertility.com/embryoquality.htm

AFM - after 2 days of injections I'm already crampy, craby, cranky and bloated. Hate to think what I'll be like by EPU! Scan is on Wed.