+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    Q: For those who are happy to just have the kids give made at school gifts, are you happy with that for Mother's Day too? (Genuine question)
    Absolutely! I love the handmade stuff and I'm happy to let daycare do the work. On both mothers and fathers Day we just make sure we have a nice family day to acknowledge it. But we don't see the point in buying a gift just for the sake of buying a gift. But that's just us

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jellybub For This Useful Post:

DT75  (07-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Q: For those who are happy to just have the kids give made at school gifts, are you happy with that for Mother's Day too? (Genuine question)

I asked the kids this morning, and they said "We don't just love daddy at school, so yes we have to get him something else".

They chip in with their pocket money too (their choice)
    Yes.

Love doesn't equal a big present for us. It more about the kids saying thank you for taking care of us.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

DT75  (07-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    D's 2 couldn't have been more excited to give do his handmade gift yo his dad. He woke up at 1. 30 am the first time to give him a gift and 4 more times after that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes normally i get the kids to make something and buy a present. But this year dd just got him something from school and i told dh to go to his fav camping shop to buy something.
    For me I would much prefer a hand made gift from my kids than something from a shop

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I got DH m&ms I've now lost them and AF has arrived and I'm ****ed off because I want the m&ms bet you he found them and isn't telling me

Usually I do more like wallet etc depends on his performance 😳😝 eta he's only been a dad 2 years

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I always say I wont, but I do anyway.
    This year I got him a Scotland t-shirt.
    For the DH and I most birthdays and mother/fathers day present are truly dependent on whether we have money to do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I buy him a good bottle of champagne and we drink it together 😁

I don't consider it as a proper gift though. To me it's about the kids, not about what I think of DH as a parent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcuseMyFrench View Post
    I buy him a good bottle of champagne and we drink it together ������

I don't consider it as a proper gift though. To me it's about the kids, not about what I think of DH as a parent.
    My bold.

This is absolutely how it is here. The kids WANT to buy H a present, so we buy one (from each). They know the price limit and are good with money.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

I asked the kids this morning, and they said "We don't just love daddy at school, so yes we have to get him something else".

They chip in with their pocket money too (their choice)
    I haven't replied yet, but yes absolutely. In fact it was me who instigated no presents- DP's family are big gift givers but I would much prefer a fuss made over me than little trinkets and things. We only do presents for birthdays and Christmas and on mother's and Father's Day, it's a big cooked breakfast and your choice of what we do for the day- plus the day off from any non-fun child related tasks!
    That's cute that your kids wanted to buy him more, but not everyone equates presents with love. (Not saying it's bad, just saying it's not the same for everyone)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    I haven't replied yet, but yes absolutely. In fact it was me who instigated no presents- DP's family are big gift givers but I would much prefer a fuss made over me than little trinkets and things. We only do presents for birthdays and Christmas and on mother's and Father's Day, it's a big cooked breakfast and your choice of what we do for the day- plus the day off from any non-fun child related tasks! That's cute that your kids wanted to buy him more, but not everyone equates presents with love. (Not saying it's bad, just saying it's not the same for everyone)
    Oh we don't equate presents with love, but we are traditional and the tradition is to give presents. It's only something small. We only do small gifts for Xmas too. Birthdays is a slightly larger gift. Others do big gifts at birthdays and Xmas... we don't. We spread our gifts out over the year ETA: and its not the kids wanting to buy him "more". As I stated earlier, anything that gets made at school stays at their mother's. She doesn't ever bring stuff, even if its specifically for one of us.
    Last edited by DT75; 07-09-2015 at 13:15.