+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My boys are too small so yes we buy DH gifts.

The first Father's Day I got him a mug with a picture of DS in it and a message that says happy 1st Father's Day love from DS.

I can't remember what I've got for the others but generally I also buy things for a nice breakfast at home.

This year I've bought him an expensive new beard trimmer and 2 shirts from the boys and tomorrow ds1 will help me make some pancakes and bacon and eggs or smoked salmon and eggs for breakfast. We also haven't written in his card yet so will get the boys to scribble on it in the morning

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Do you buy Dh Father's Day gift?

DD (almost 4) makes something at daycare and then we go pick something out from the shops. This year she chose a lightsaber lol.

I'll make him eggs benedict for breakfast, we'll dos BBQ lunch and then have a couple of curries with naan for dinner

Thanks
    Reviews
    We did buy Father's Day gifts when the kids were younger but now they are at school DH gets the gifts they have made. They are both super excited to give him his presents in the morning, and I don't feel it's necessary to spend extra money. We do the same for Mother's Day as well. Most years we would spend the day together and have a special lunch, but this year I am trying to finish a uni assignment so DH will take the kids out by himself to give me some time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope, he bought his own. I have a card which I will write in from DS. I made a huge fuss for his first Father's Day and he "forgot" to organise so much as a card for my first Mother's Day so this year I have kept it very simple (I'm still bitter..ha ha!).

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Adoralicious For This Useful Post:

peanuthead  (06-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, a really lame present I've been told but he wanted a remote clicker for our garage than having to swipe his pass. It wasn't cheap and it may sound odd but he's been on about it for 2 years!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep, we celebrate him for the awesome dad he is by buying him cool presents and doting on him all day long. When the girls are older though it may evolve.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep, our budget is $100 but I went a little over this year. I pre-ordered him a play station game he wanted, a mug with a photo of our daughter and a shirt. He's also getting a little gift from our daughter from daycare. We keep a pretty strict budget through the year so allow for each other to get a Mother's Day and Father's Day present as an extra little pampering for the awesome parents we are (or try to be lol).

I'll also cook him bacon and eggs for breakfast and don't expect him to do anything around the house, though I know he'll still help out a bit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    No and not because I don't love and dote on him!
    The kids make him presents and cards and I bought him some scratchies and a block of chocolate from me and we'll make him breakfast and if he's really lucky, he'll get my sexy teatowel dance once the kids are asleep

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Phony View Post
    Not here.
    He is just too hard to buy for, never wants anything and I don't want to buy junk just for the sake of it. DS1 bought him a mug and made him a card.
    I'll cook him a nice brekky, and dinner, and let him off housework for the day to free up his time. He's delighted with that.
    I think we maybe married to the same person! Lol

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil M For This Useful Post:

Phony  (06-09-2015)