+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    ok weird coincidence. was wondering if I had a pic of the favours I made and then just checked my timehop and blow me down, there it is from 3 years ago! here's the favours I made. looking back, I think they're pretty classy looking 😛Attachment 73301
    That's so pretty!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Just*Ace For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (05-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    my sis did this. pretty sure they got the little blue scented ones from ikea in the glass jar then she personalized it with twine and some sea shells (was a coastal themed shower) plus a little note. they then wrapped these up in clear cellophane and secured it with more twine. cute idea and didn't cost a bomb. that's the hardest thing with favours, finding a cute/useful idea that won't cost a fortune. she had like 30 ladies at her shower so we had to keep the cost down or else the favours alone would've blown out into the hundreds 😝
    I only have to make for 12-15 ladies, the thing in finding difficult is the mum to be is not girly at all. No makeup/perfume/pretty bath stuff. Even the candles are pushing it a bit coz it's not something she's into, but I still think it's a cute and somewhat useful idea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    yeah I know, it's hard to come up with an idea. the mum to be that I made those lolly favours for is totally non feminine and non girly too. I just let her pick what she wanted and ran with it as it was easier than brainstorming other ideas lol.

I think practicality and cost are the main goals. if you find something that fits the bill, run with it. end of the day the shower is not about the favours, they're just a nice little touch to give the guests as a little thank you from the mum to be.

I think candles are perfect. depending on the colour scheme you're planning, you could just do something nice but not necessarily too girly/feminine. Pinterest is usually a fabulous source of inspiration too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I gave out scented candles and a cupcake. I also brought drawer sachet pockets and gave them as prizes but because not many people showed up I ended up giving them as favours as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I did home made baby themed cookies. As a guest I usually prefer edible favours.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What about little bags or boxes of homemade Rocky Road? I did this for my mum's 70th birthday and everyone loved them. You don't need to be a baker - Rocky Road is SO easy and all you have to do is cut it into pieces and bag it in clear cellophane bags and some ribbon and a 'Thank You' tag.
    The RR I make is an adult version - it has roasted almonds and pistachios, and Turkish Delight, as well as marshmallows, coconut and dark chocolate (dark is a must). So delicious and so easy.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to siansmum For This Useful Post:

wobbleyhorse  (06-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I gave little bottles of sparkling rose to each quest with a thank you note. I only had a small shower so wasn't too $$. Alcohol is probably not everyone's idea of a baby shower gift but those little bottles are just so darn cute!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by siansmum View Post
    What about little bags or boxes of homemade Rocky Road? I did this for my mum's 70th birthday and everyone loved them. You don't need to be a baker - Rocky Road is SO easy and all you have to do is cut it into pieces and bag it in clear cellophane bags and some ribbon and a 'Thank You' tag.
    The RR I make is an adult version - it has roasted almonds and pistachios, and Turkish Delight, as well as marshmallows, coconut and dark chocolate (dark is a must). So delicious and so easy.
    this sounds delightfully yummy!