+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It's out Monday's. I usually see it around 2pm WA time.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

Jensha  (28-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    It's a solid theory (that i would bet money on) going by the reaction of the military guy when told about the flashing, the lack of a response when the mum and the son tried flashing back, the mum when she ran through the streets and saw all the dead people, the older Latino man who spoke about people doing evil in the hopes of human preservation even when it went against everything they would normally believe in, the dad when he saw the flashing at the end and the mention of such things in walking dead. The flashing at nighttime resembled the flashing of gunfire.
    I saw them replying to the son and mum and mimicking the same pattern

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jensha For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (28-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Fear the Walking Dead

Quote Originally Posted by French Pear View Post
    Do you know if they are doing a second season?
    I read today there is a second season released 2016 15 episodes.
    Last edited by Jensha; 28-09-2015 at 19:33.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jensha For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (29-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Jensha View Post
    I saw them replying to the son and mum and mimicking the same pattern
    Yeah. I had a think about it and realised your right. I haven't seen today's one yet but I still think it's gunfire at the end that the dad saw.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

Jensha  (28-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah. I had a think about it and realised your right. I haven't seen today's one yet but I still think it's gunfire at the end that the dad saw.
    Possibly it makes sense that anyone who was hiding would be eventually gone they'd be too scared to know how to hide as well as characters on TWD they wouldn't have the survivor power yet or understand exactly what's happening.

Nick is annoying glad they took him away tbh

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jensha For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (28-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Renesme View Post
    I'm all for going back and looking at how it got started. Though they haven't really shown anything of how it actually got started. I would've liked to of known where it originated etc. I also would've liked to have seen the break down of society a bit closer up.. in hospitals etc.

The reason they are losing viewers isn't necessarily because it's "slow" but because the characters are boring. It's 3 episodes in and I can honestly say I wouldn't give a sh it if any of them died. I like Alicia and Ophelia who are turning out to be interesting characters but the rest of them I couldn't care for really. We have a drug addict who will probably survive the whole thing which I find a bit unbelievable. The father, Travis is soooooo boring. There is no depth to him whatsoever. They either need to kill him off or step his personality up a bit. Show us who he really is etc. I'm not sure whether it's the way the character is written or bad acting. Either way he's shocking. The second wife isn't much better although I don't mind her too bad. Ugh. I hope the show does get better.. but honestly nothing is happening. The last episode literally nothing happened. I get the build up and everything else but there's build up and then there's what this show is doing.. coming to a stand still. I really hope this next episode shows some excitement. Really they've had 4 episodes where they really haven't done much and should've been building up characters but there's no connection for me to any of the characters. The closest I've come is to Alicia and Ophelia but even then.. I wouldn't really be that disappointed if they die. The show needs to connect the characters to their audience which they just aren't doing.
    I just watched episode 5 and there is a bit of character building in that one of one particular character but as a whole you are right. I'm enjoying watching it and will be waiting with much anticipation for the next season but their promoting the show as being the beginning of the epidemic when really it's just a different version of TWD, even set just weeks from when that series is set. It would have been really good if they had shown the characters and the storyline as being from the science/drug lab the virus originated from, not school teachers and immigrants. I am enjoying it but really they haven't shown anything they promised. They time jumped too far too early. Society has now already fallen and unless they do a massive amount of flashbacks it's nothing they couldn't have done in a movie. I want to know where the virus came from, why it was created, how it got out and who intends on trying to come up with an antidote. I want to watch the downfall of the CDC since we know from TWD that happened.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

Californication  (30-09-2015),Jensha  (30-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just watched episode 5 and there is a bit of character building in that one of one particular character but as a whole you are right. I'm enjoying watching it and will be waiting with much anticipation for the next season but their promoting the show as being the beginning of the epidemic when really it's just a different version of TWD, even set just weeks from when that series is set. It would have been really good if they had shown the characters and the storyline as being from the science/drug lab the virus originated from, not school teachers and immigrants. I am enjoying it but really they haven't shown anything they promised. They time jumped too far too early. Society has now already fallen and unless they do a massive amount of flashbacks it's nothing they couldn't have done in a movie. I want to know where the virus came from, why it was created, how it got out and who intends on trying to come up with an antidote. I want to watch the downfall of the CDC since we know from TWD that happened.
    I have to agree with everything you've said DSS. The last episode showed some interesting development in characters. I really like the black guy in the cells (hopeless with names)and think he'll turn out to be an interesting character and I like Salazar (always liked him though). I still find the Travis character boring. I was assuming he'd be like Rick in that he'd be "the" main character, however, I actually hope he isn't as he's really not that interesting. I also agree with the time jump. They've done nothing different. We've learnt nothing more. It's good to see how the military have turned etc but they showed that in the Walking Dead with a flashback to the hospital Rick was in when the military started shooting everyone whether they were infected or not. I did enjoy the last episode alot more than the others and hope that they finish it off well and make me look forward to the next series. As you've said though... it'll be kind of like just having two versions of TWD exactly the same again really.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Renesme For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (30-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ***********SPOILERS FOR LAST EPISODE************************

Well I have to say I just watched the last episode and while I thought it was pretty good at the end of it I still thought.. you know what? I really couldn't care for any of the characters. For me it wasn't that the show was too slow etc... it was that the characters weren't interesting enough for me to care about them. Right from the get go I had characters in the Walking Dead that I liked and would be sad to see go. At the end of this show one of the main characters died and I didn't even feel anything. It could've been any of the main characters and I don't think it would've affected me. That to me shows bad character development. Most people won't feel for ALL characters but there should be some feeling for at least some of the characters. I couldn't care less either way. Quite sad really.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really enjoyed the last episode and I thought it ended well and got me excited for second season. While I don't feel as strong a bond with these characters as I do with TWD. I've been with TWD for coming 6 years. I do like the new rich guy with the boat though interesting character.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Jensha For This Useful Post:

French Pear  (06-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Fear the Walking Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Jensha View Post
    I really enjoyed the last episode and I thought it ended well and got me excited for second season. While I don't feel as strong a bond with these characters as I do with TWD. I've been with TWD for coming 6 years. I do like the new rich guy with the boat though interesting character.
    I agree @Jensha I think they may have annoyed us at the beginning in the way the were so slow to act on the outbreak so it frustrates you rather than makes you sympathise with them as in TWD when we first meet them the outbreak is already in full swing.

I really liked the finale and can't wait for season 2!

New rich guy.. Strand is it? Is a very intriguing character. It does make you wonder who he was before the outbreak to have his boat ready to go.