Bali with kids? | Page 2 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Do it, you will love it. As pp said, steer clear of kuta. Nusa dua or sanur are great kid spots. Plenty to do, locals love kids. I took my 6 month old in February. Just remember to be vigilant with the bottled water.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Bali with kids?

Thank you again for the answers. You're all so helpful.

So, next question, how expensive is it? I'm trying to figure out how much spending money I would need for the three of us.

Would $2000 buy us a comfortable holiday for 7 nights? For food and spending money or will I need more?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    It really depends where you stay and where you eat. At some of the less fancy cafes a great meal is $5 but in the tourist areas in the more western looking places you can pay closer to western prices. Ditto accommodation. One tip is go through Trip advisor to choose accommodation and then contact the hotel directly and ask them to arrange airport transfers on your room bill. Otherwise you'll get fleeced by a taxi when you land

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week

Default Bali with kids?

What part of Bali is the Wedding? And what month?

Thanks
    Reviews
    For you & 2 kids you could probably get a package including flights/hotel/airport transfers/brekkie for around $2k possibly less if you're happy to all share a room. If you could manage $1k spending money you would be able to do some shopping and not worry too much about meal budget.
    As pp said it's much cheaper to eat outside of hotels, so look into an area where you can walk to restaurants.
    Sanur is a good suggestion. Nusa Dua is quite pricey because it's all resorts.
    It will also be cheaper in the wet season (don't worry it's still lovely), but I guess it depends when the wedding is!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We just got back with 3yr old who had a ball! We stayed for 12days and spent 2000 spending money but we ate at mostly hotel and pricey restaurants because the food is so good. Hotels u can find nice ones for around 70 a night. Ww went to kuta for day trips its finw. I think people mean just stay away at night because all the bogan Aussies come out which is true.
    We stayed at Ramada encore seminyak which was so nice and kid friendly.. About 70 a night.
    Do go.. The people just love kids and its a nice place. Just dont eat from beach sellers type stalls you will be fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and for that spending money I boughy skechers and converse at Australian prices ao u dont have to spend on the pricey stuff.. There is plenty of cheap and nice shopping at the malls

Thanks
    Reviews
    So, I'm bumping my old thread!!!
    We leave for Bali next week!!! Excited but nervous!!! I've never taken the girls overseas!!!!!!!

I'm travelling just myself and my 2 dds. They're 6 and 4... And I have some questions??!!

Should I pack a bottle of Panadol and nurofen, just in case I need it? Or would that be easy to buy there? Just in case?

What about probiotics and hydrolyte?

My girls sort of need new clothes, I was about to buy them a pair of denim shorts each to take, but should I wait and buy them clothes there?

How much should I take as idr? Should I change a small amount of money here and the rest there? Should I take aud in cash or withdraw as cash at an atm there?

What should I buy there? What do I Rae from home?

So many questions!!! Please help!!!'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pack the Panadol and nurofen as an incase. It is easy to but over there but if you take it you've got it. I'd take the probiotics and hydrolyte plus a small 1 litre if raspberry cordial, have a small drink of it pure each day to help the tummy.

The girls will prob live in their bathers at the pool do don't pack to much for them. If you'd going to get new shirts before you go get something light weight that is easy to dry because of the humidity.

Money wise get some here and change there as the exchange rate is always better.

In regards to what to buy there. Get what you need not what you want as its pretty easy to just buy anything and everything. I bought some really nice home decor last time I was there. But I go to relax and only do a bit of shopping not a heap

10. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

preggasaurus  (25-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Bali with kids?

Just read through the thread, I second the raspberry cordial every day. Iv travelled all over and this has always helped me. Be careful with kids in the bath that they don't drink the water. My little family leave for Bali tomorrow!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ChannyV For This Useful Post:

preggasaurus  (25-07-2016)