+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Almost 7 weeks along after 2 miscarriages and worried

I had a missed miscarriage last year in September, in fact it was the same time last year in two days weird, when I received my first ultrasound there was just a sac no baby

Then 2 months ago I had a chemical pregnancy it was such a faint line it was hardly visible then the next day I starting bleeding.

Which brings me to just over two weeks ago (21 August to be exact) I got a BFP! it was faint but visible, the next day I did another test and it was a slightly darker line but still faint.

I am almost 7 weeks and am really worried, I have purposely waited till i'm past where I was when I had the missed miscarriage last year (again weird I was pregnant the exact same time last year) anyways I will go to the doctor next week when i'm just over 7 weeks, in my mind there was no point going sooner in case I miscarried again. I'm terrified i'll end up on that bed with no heartbeat and no baby....I know it's completely natural to feel this way after failed pregnancies but it's still so hard, you worry at every symptom loss and fleeting ache or pain in your lower abdomen...you get stupidly superstitious and are scared of even talking about being pregnant or talking about the future it's the worst ever! You want to be excited like everyone else however fear of losing another one stops any joy at the moment....Has anyone else had the same scenario?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think there are plenty of hubbers that have been in similar situations, big hugs! I had mc late last year and when i got my BFP in June I was terrified of the same thing happening again. Going to get a scan just brought back all those memories and I was so scared they wouldn't see anything.
    My OB kindly did bloods for me 2 days apart before my scan, so she gave me the results before we went looking - hcg was high and rising well. Then she did a scan in her office and all was good (6 weeks), I had another scan a week later because she couldn't quite get a HB reading at 6 weeks. At 7 weeks I got to hear the heartbeat and that definitely helped me relax a little.
    I'm now 14 weeks and all is good. Before my NT scan last week I was still pretty nervous but after that I felt soooo much more confident and able to embrace the pregnancy.

I guess what I am trying to say is that it's totally natural and normal to be nervous and scared after a mc (or a couple in your case). You will be able to relax in time. Just try not to stress yourself out - trust the universe has a plan and try to be positive. Every chance things will be just fine this time.

Have you got a scan booked?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

Rhylis  (03-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for replying! It's just comforting hearing from other people that have gone through similar situations No scan booked in yet, I checked and I have to get another referral from my GP, I'm doing that early next week, I plan on going to the same OB she does a scan during your visit which is fantastic. My husband is just as worried, with the missed miscarriage as soon as she said there was no baby she could only see a sac he left the room saying he had to go to the bathroom, and later told me he passed out in the bathroom So this time we are still talking through how we will approach it this time around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhylis View Post
    Thank you for replying! It's just comforting hearing from other people that have gone through similar situations No scan booked in yet, I checked and I have to get another referral from my GP, I'm doing that early next week, I plan on going to the same OB she does a scan during your visit which is fantastic. My husband is just as worried, with the missed miscarriage as soon as she said there was no baby she could only see a sac he left the room saying he had to go to the bathroom, and later told me he passed out in the bathroom So this time we are still talking through how we will approach it this time around.
    Oh gosh that's no good! Def need your DH there for moral support.

I was pretty lucky I didn't need a referral to see my OB first up, she was happy to have a quick early scan just based on the fact I'd had a MC previously. I've never gone back to the scan place where I had similar experience to you - just makes me feel sick thinking about it.

How are you feeling otherwise? Any symptoms etc? It's not an accurate measure of how things are going but for some reason I felt different with this pregnancy, like part of me knew everything would be ok?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I'm going to be honest, the worry never went away throughout my whole pg. First it was a fear of another m/c, then of going into labour before viability, then stillbirth. I've never had a stillbirth, but I think once you've experienced loss the worry carries through.

I know that's maybe not the uplifting answer you were hoping for, but I wanted to tell you what you are feeling is normal. My advice is to request frequent scans if you have an ob with and u/s. I had a good dozen all up and each time I saw the heart beat in the early stages and the kicking and moving later, I would feel so much better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhylis View Post
    I had a missed miscarriage last year in September, in fact it was the same time last year in two days weird, when I received my first ultrasound there was just a sac no baby

Then 2 months ago I had a chemical pregnancy it was such a faint line it was hardly visible then the next day I starting bleeding.

Which brings me to just over two weeks ago (21 August to be exact) I got a BFP! it was faint but visible, the next day I did another test and it was a slightly darker line but still faint.

I am almost 7 weeks and am really worried, I have purposely waited till i'm past where I was when I had the missed miscarriage last year (again weird I was pregnant the exact same time last year) anyways I will go to the doctor next week when i'm just over 7 weeks, in my mind there was no point going sooner in case I miscarried again. I'm terrified i'll end up on that bed with no heartbeat and no baby....I know it's completely natural to feel this way after failed pregnancies but it's still so hard, you worry at every symptom loss and fleeting ache or pain in your lower abdomen...you get stupidly superstitious and are scared of even talking about being pregnant or talking about the future it's the worst ever! You want to be excited like everyone else however fear of losing another one stops any joy at the moment....Has anyone else had the same scenario?
    Hello I had a missed miscarriage in April and am currently 12 weeks tomorrow. I've been anxious and worried the whole time. I had spotting at 7w5d and a scan saying everything was fine. I felt good for a bit and then at 11w1 day had a big gush of blood went to emergency. And scan the next day everything is going well and growing. No reason for bleeding and it was the scariest thing ever, I went mental crying and carrying on.

It's been scary, hard, emotional but it's all going well and I'm enjoying it. I hope you will be ok try to think positive and take it easy. There's nothing you can do to control it, just hang on for the ride.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @sunnygirl79 I have stronger symptoms than previous pregnancies, they do come and go but I still "feel" pregnant if you know what I mean, previously my symptoms stopped within a few hours and breasts were back to normal ect...so that's hopeful

@delirium I feel that way also , I try to keep busy with things that take my attention away from worrying. Time seems to go so much slower when your worried and it sucks! I too have had thoughts of stillbirth and also losing the pregnancy just when I start feeling comfortable. It's difficult when you desperately want to be excited but fear keeps you in this purgatory of an non emotion.
    @Reneeharry How awesome everything turned out ok after a scary thing like bleeding! I'm really happy for you that everything is great! You are right though the time I have during this pregnancy no matter how long should be special, I can't live like this for the whole thing and not enjoy any of it right?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's terrifying going through pregnancy after a loss. I had a missed miscarriage before we had our son, another loss before our daughter and then 3 before this one.

Hoping this is your sticky baby and all continues to go well for you.

I found comfort in doing tests and seeing the line get darker (I'm a POAS addict lol).

Thanks
    Reviews
    HAHA! I am admittedly an addict as well, and I did the POAS method with my missed miscarriage and decided this time not to do a test to often, it seems to help me from worrying a little more because i'm not seeing the result....I'm mostly a positive person BUT I tell ya miscarriage has messed me up for life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rhylis i had a mc @6 weeks in July this year so am totally understanding your anxiety on this one as ive just found out im pregnant last week (just waiting on bloods back on wednesday to see how far along but wouldnt be less than 4 weeks)
    I agree with @nelljm doing a POAS is a great help and is reassuring. As soon as i got a an immediate BFP yesterday i felt a lot more confident in this pregnancy.
    Im in the same boat as you, went to my scan..nothing there so getting past that first scan will be a bit of an acheivement,and will help greatly in being able to focus on a happy healthy pregnancy.
    Here for you anytime you want to chat!