Closed Thread
Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by heplusme View Post
    KG is entitled to her opinion, i dont have to agree but she should not be vilified for having the ladyballs to speak her mind. Also i dont think its fair someone demand her leave because they dont agree with her stance.
    I don't think anyone is saying she can't have an opinion. ironically it is her that always comes into a thread, drops a proverbial bomb, then gets narky if anyone dares to give their opinion. If she has the ladyballs to speak her mind, have the ladyballs to accept people are going to disagree.

It works both ways.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (08-09-2015),DT75  (09-09-2015),HollyGolightly81  (08-09-2015),misskittyfantastico  (08-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    There's so many people who know the ins and outs of what goes on in the depths of Australian government on bh! I think this thread is turning into a case of 'everyones an expert except everyone else'. At the end of the day none of us know the intricate details of what goes on behind scenes. We can all find graphs and memes that suit our arguments.

KG is entitled to her opinion, i dont have to agree but she should not be vilified for having the ladyballs to speak her mind. Also i dont think its fair someone demand her leave because they dont agree with her stance.
    I asked her to leave because she regularly says incredibly offensive statements. I'm genuinely surprised she has not been banned yet.

If we're all entitled to our opinion and all then there should be no issue with that opinion.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (08-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    [QUOTE=SixtiesChild;8285535]Here's a question that no one is asking; Why are the very wealthy gulf states of the middle east NOT helping the Syrian refugees?
    United Arab Emirates? , Quatar?, Kuwait?, Oman?, Saudi Arabia?
    It came to my attention that they are taking in none.
    Does anyone else find this odd? Actually I find it a disgrace, Especially since these countries are mega-rich.[/

No. It's not strange.

In Saudi Arabia and UAE the majority of them are Sunni. In Oman, they are Ibadi which is a traditional orthodox version of Islam. In Qatar they are Wahhabi. The people who are fleeing would probably be persecuted in those countries as well due to them being minority Christian groups or Shia Muslims.

That would be like all the Catholics moving to the Protestant part of Belfast during the troubles.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    There's so many people who know the ins and outs of what goes on in the depths of Australian government on bh! I think this thread is turning into a case of 'everyones an expert except everyone else'. At the end of the day none of us know the intricate details of what goes on behind scenes. We can all find graphs and memes that suit our arguments.

Many people are passionate about this issue and their knowledge goes much deeper than just watching it on TV.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

babyla  (08-09-2015),HollyGolightly81  (08-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hmmmm maybe I am too impatient, lol. But I have posted 2 posts on page 20, questions and discussions I have (Tentatively) become involved in here before, and no-one can ever answer. Impatiently waiting reply @BigRedV :P

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    There are many people here who work with asylum seekers or who volunteer with organisations that manage re settlement. Others are passionate about the issue and research and investigate beyond what is regurgitated via commercial media through organisations such as ASRC, UNCHR and Amnesty International.

Suggesting people are arm chair experts is an ad hominem approach to debate especially if you're unable to support your own claims with any substantial evidence or data.

And yanno sometimes a meme says it better.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (09-09-2015),HollyGolightly81  (08-09-2015),misskittyfantastico  (08-09-2015),Mokeybear  (08-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeeeesecake View Post
    Hmmmm maybe I am too impatient, lol. But I have posted 2 posts on page 20, questions and discussions I have (Tentatively) become involved in here before, and no-one can ever answer. Impatiently waiting reply @BigRedV :P
    I've been at swim lessons and responding during my walk to and from (see, there's a life there 😉) but which questions are you referring to? I've responded to cost and felt BigRed did a good job answering the others.

I'll ask you this though. How do other countries get away with refugees entering their borders and NOT putting them into detention?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeeeesecake View Post
    Not sure what your point is..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    There are many people here who work with asylum seekers or who volunteer with organisations that manage re settlement. Others are passionate about the issue and research and investigate beyond what is regurgitated via commercial media through organisations such as ASRC, UNCHR and Amnesty International.

Suggesting people are arm chair experts is an ad hominem approach to debate especially if you're unable to support your own claims with any substantial evidence or data.

And yanno sometimes a meme says it better.
    Love your work.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

babyla  (08-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    Not sure what your point is..
    .... huh? What do you mean? I'm not being cryptic....