Closed Thread
Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Look, under Australian law, ANYBODY who is in Australia without a valid visa must be taken to a detention centre. That is in our migration act. But there are exceptions. Community detention is an alternative and should absolutely be used for children, women and families. Currently there are about 800 children in detention.

Attachment 73414
    Again,I hate kids in detention&I totally get that. But is it completely impossible that someone with a wife or children could be dangerous in the community?Is that why the entire family is detained if there is a question mark over one family member? Would it be better to detain one member & separate the family? Or detain both parents &put the kids into foster care in australia?Again not being a smart ar$e,wanting to find a better way. The local community detention centre near me mostly had families. But can someone not be unsuitable/ a criminal/etc because they have children? Or do we say that the risk is so low that someone is not genuine (only 10%), that we take that as an acceptable risk in the community for the sake of the children of the 90%?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    If you had read the thread then would have seen links that immigrants, whether documented or not, skilled or unskilled, help boost the economy and create jobs for Australia. You also would have seen the link about how much money Australia wastes keeping refugees out when it's actually cheaper for you to change your policies and let more in.

I am currently in Europe, I can promise you that the crisis is not exaggerated and for you to state so proves to me how small minded and ignorant you are.

I'm perfectly confident in my ability to 'handle' a thread you choose to debate in. I asked you leave because I know you will end up offending many hubbers with your fairly horrible views and I feel your participation isn't worth it. But go on, please provide me with your info/proof that this crisis is exaggerated, that Australia does their fair share and that Australia cannot cope with more.

I'll await your response.
    Oh get a grip. I didn't ignore your paragraph on purpose. My time is limited, I do actually have a life unlike many who spend so much time on here perhaps because they have nothing better to do.
    Oh please do dig through threads as you feel the need to attack me and try to drag me down and very obviously stork me.
    I have not said anything nasty nor am I debating. I have stated my opinion, too bad if you don't like it. I say what many feel and don't have the guts to say hence why I have so much support in the form of pm's.
    I will disengage from this thread now though because I have nothing more to say on the matter, particularly to you! Your not worth it.

This is not about racism, rather growing Australia to be a stronger resilient nation. Legal citizenship should be allowed, however citizenship should be earned not just handed out to increase the population numbers regardless.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    PMSL @ stork ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1441710932.958629.jpg

Stop storking peeps

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (08-09-2015),Best Things  (09-09-2015),delirium  (08-09-2015),GlitterFarts  (09-09-2015),HollyGolightly81  (08-09-2015),just her chameleon  (08-09-2015),Mokeybear  (08-09-2015),mummymaybe  (09-09-2015),ScubaGal  (09-09-2015),SoThisIsLove  (08-09-2015),twinklify  (09-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm still interested to see reports of your "exaggeration" claim...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (08-09-2015),twinklify  (09-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Here's a question that no one is asking; Why are the very wealthy gulf states of the middle east NOT helping the Syrian refugees?
    United Arab Emirates? , Quatar?, Kuwait?, Oman?, Saudi Arabia?
    It came to my attention that they are taking in none.
    Does anyone else find this odd? Actually I find it a disgrace, Especially since these countries are mega-rich.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SixtiesChild For This Useful Post:

cheeeeesecake  (08-09-2015),heplusme  (08-09-2015),twinklify  (09-09-2015),yadot  (08-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    There is just so much to challenge in what you've said - that 'boat people' are creating an overpopulation problem in Aust. That's just patently incorrect. That it's over-exaggerated - I could put up pictures of Syria atm but they are so graphic I won't. Unless you live under a rock the notion this is exaggerated is not only factually incorrect but ludicrous. And that's only but a portion.

But I don't know why myself or anyone else bothers. It's the same pattern. You choose to consistently engage in controversial threads making racist, offensive comments, citing your right to an opinion. Then when others exercise their opinion to challenge you - it's 'everyone is picking on me. I'm the only one with the guts to say something as I receive all these PM's. I'm not reading this thread anymore'.

Give up girls, there is no point to trying to use reason here.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (08-09-2015),BettyW  (09-09-2015),HollyGolightly81  (08-09-2015),Mokeybear  (08-09-2015),twinklify  (09-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    I'm still interested to see reports of your "exaggeration" claim...
    Maybe the stork ate it?

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (08-09-2015),babyla  (08-09-2015),BigRedV  (08-09-2015),delirium  (08-09-2015),FearlessLeader  (08-09-2015),twinklify  (09-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Blessedwith3boys View Post
    Oh get a grip. I didn't ignore your paragraph on purpose. My time is limited, I do actually have a life unlike many who spend so much time on here perhaps because they have nothing better to do.
    Oh please do dig through threads as you feel the need to attack me and try to drag me down and very obviously stork me.
    I have not said anything nasty nor am I debating. I have stated my opinion, too bad if you don't like it. I say what many feel and don't have the guts to say hence why I have so much support in the form of pm's.
    I will disengage from this thread now though because I have nothing more to say on the matter, particularly to you! Your not worth it.

This is not about racism, rather growing Australia to be a stronger resilient nation. Legal citizenship should be allowed, however citizenship should be earned not just handed out to increase the population numbers regardless.
    You've quoted me but much of your response seems to be aimed at somebody else.

The 'ol 'I get so much support via PMs' chip eh. You think you're the only one that gets PMs? 😂😂😂😂

Why enter a thread if you actually have nothing to contribute besides a very uneducated opinion? Serious question. I don't get it. I genuinely don't understand the point in entering a thread with a pretty controversial view and then not willing to support that view in any way but the 'I'm entitled to my opinion' argument. It's pretty boring and quite laughable.

No skin off my noise. Happy to see you go. 👍

14. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (08-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    There's so many people who know the ins and outs of what goes on in the depths of Australian government on bh! I think this thread is turning into a case of 'everyones an expert except everyone else'. At the end of the day none of us know the intricate details of what goes on behind scenes. We can all find graphs and memes that suit our arguments.

KG is entitled to her opinion, i dont have to agree but she should not be vilified for having the ladyballs to speak her mind. Also i dont think its fair someone demand her leave because they dont agree with her stance.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to heplusme For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-09-2015),CazHazKidz  (09-09-2015),cheeeeesecake  (08-09-2015),Janesmum123  (08-09-2015),Lauzy  (09-09-2015),SAgirl  (09-09-2015),SixtiesChild  (08-09-2015),VicPark  (09-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    There is just so much to challenge in what you've said - that 'boat people' are creating an overpopulation problem in Aust. That's just patently incorrect. That it's over-exaggerated - I could put up pictures of Syria atm but they are so graphic I won't. Unless you live under a rock the notion this is exaggerated is not only factually incorrect but ludicrous. And that's only but a portion.

But I don't know why myself or anyone else bothers. It's the same pattern. You choose to consistently engage in controversial threads making racist, offensive comments, citing your right to an opinion. Then when others exercise their opinion to challenge you - it's 'everyone is picking on me. I'm the only one with the guts to say something as I receive all these PM's. I'm not reading this thread anymore'.

Give up girls, there is no point to trying to use reason here.
    You said it better. So, so true.