+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    I do not hold out much hope that they will extend it for those due after July 1 if it passes.
    I just had a quick look and the Bill is clear that the provisions will commence on 1 July 2016. I don't think they will extend it for those due after 1 July, not since they announced it earlier this year and have been clear about when the new provisions will start

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is a chance the bill won't pass as there is some opposition to it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I dont think it will pass as it would bring in no savings whatsoever.

Corporations have indicated that they would restructure their current maternity leave schemes so that their employees can access the PPL.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

Hoping someone can help me in relation to entitlements.

I unfortunately have been recently made redundant from my job, leaving me to start fresh again. I at present have picked up a job working 10 hours a week with the hope to obviously increase this. This job has set hours every week, on the same days every week. Am I entitled to paid government parental leave?? It seems to be a grey area!! Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cmfc18 View Post
    Hi,

Hoping someone can help me in relation to entitlements.

I unfortunately have been recently made redundant from my job, leaving me to start fresh again. I at present have picked up a job working 10 hours a week with the hope to obviously increase this. This job has set hours every week, on the same days every week. Am I entitled to paid government parental leave?? It seems to be a grey area!! Any help would be much appreciated
    If you've worked 10/13 mths prior to bubs arrival for a minimum of 330hrs you are entitled to govt PPL.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I read this morning that they are still wishing to continue with creating "double dipping" rules.
    So much for one for one for mum one for dad and one for the country

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Today I read that they are looking at an alternative to their proposed scheme. From what I can gather, they'll top you up to 18 weeks. So into case I get 12 weeks from work, then I'd get 6 weeks on min wage so that I could have the 18 weeks off. That's an improvement on the double dipping crap, but I'd still prefer they just left it be

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    Today I read that they are looking at an alternative to their proposed scheme. From what I can gather, they'll top you up to 18 weeks. So into case I get 12 weeks from work, then I'd get 6 weeks on min wage so that I could have the 18 weeks off. That's an improvement on the double dipping crap, but I'd still prefer they just left it be
    That's what they proposed previously

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by maternidade View Post
    That's what they proposed previously
    Nope, now they will top up the weeks, not the dollars.

So previously, ppl was roughly $11,700. If you received that amount from your employer, you would get no ppl. Say you got $10k, they would top you up so you still got $11,700

Now, they are saying 18 weeks is the requirement. If you get 12 weeks full pay, regardless of the value of this, they'll pay you 6 weeks on min wage, to top you up to 18 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    Nope, now they will top up the weeks, not the dollars.

So previously, ppl was roughly $11,700. If you received that amount from your employer, you would get no ppl. Say you got $10k, they would top you up so you still got $11,700

Now, they are saying 18 weeks is the requirement. If you get 12 weeks full pay, regardless of the value of this, they'll pay you 6 weeks on min wage, to top you up to 18 weeks

I'm not sure where you're getting info from.
    The proposed changes have always been weeks not dollars; with a max of 18 weeks either combined with employer contribution, completely employer ( so no gov ppl) or completely government ( if you don't get employer ppl)

Current scheme is government ppl plus any work scheme so in my case I get 14 weeks from employer plus 18 weeks from government.

I am called a double dipper as for 14 weeks I'm getting both.