+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Bit of info for you ladies, parliament is sitting this week. It's the last sitting before May which is budget time. There are two really important bills they are discussing this week and neither of them are the PPL.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sashie For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (15-03-2016),Clementine Grace  (15-03-2016),crt22  (15-03-2016),Lil Smurfy  (15-03-2016),MamaMell  (16-03-2016),maternidade  (15-03-2016),Mona424  (15-03-2016),Possie7  (30-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the info Sashie 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure what other things they are discussing so it's still possible it will be on the table. BUT it wasn't mentioned in the report I heard.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    There may be an election called for July (double dissolution) so they might call an earlier budget (than the full sitting). I really reckon it'll be in the back burner. 1/3 of all Australians are public sector therefore potential 'double dippers' not to mention private industry. I BELIEVE we're safe. But that's just my opinion. I am in the industry and have noticed the department of human services have taken off the website that the changes are definite, it says GPPL remains the same. The 'changes' are now hidden in another page and are stated as not guaranteed. Hope this helps!

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WinterJade For This Useful Post:

crt22  (15-03-2016),MamaMell  (16-03-2016),Mona424  (15-03-2016),Sashie  (15-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's all very sneaky, cloak and dagger crap isn't it?
    Might be extremely naive, but imagine the respect it'd gather if an announcement was made? Not to mention votes it would sway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok, so now that I'm PREGNANT my interest in this topic has increased. My thoughts from lots of research is that the bill won't even make it to parliament before July 1. There is too much other stuff to argue about. It's been touted 'a failed bill' in a lot of political blogs. The govt are focused on two other bills. Which may lead to the 'double dissolution' election. The resulting Senate may be more amenable to the idea but I would say any changes would not be in effect until January 1 2017 at the earliest. They don't usually enact major change on random dates mid year. Especially not in the lead up to Xmas. I feel like us preg goes might scrape through phew!
    And it's such a high profile bill, it'll be a fight to the end.
    Any other ideas?

Thanks
    Reviews
    With the highly likelihood of a double dissolution, it's highly unlikely it will pass. I think we can breathe a little, I'm with you I doubt it will come in this year. It's also been removed from the ppl websites.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sashie View Post
    With the highly likelihood of a double dissolution, it's highly unlikely it will pass. I think we can breathe a little, I'm with you I doubt it will come in this year. It's also been removed from the ppl websites.
    I feel so happy. It's 9 months vs 14 months of mat leave for me. Really want to go back January 2018 so my eldest can go straight into kindy rather than back to childcare then into kindy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope you ladies are right! Has anyone put their application in?